Profile for Cam > Reviews

Content by Cam

Cam

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)
Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and great for getting Netflix now on ..., 7 Feb. 2017
Easy to install and great for getting Netflix now on my TV. It does need to be plugged in all the time, so bare this in mind when purchasing.

Smiffy's Men's Gone Golfing Costume,  Visor, Shorts, Top, Bow Tie and Glove, Size: L, Colour: Multi, 33421
Smiffy's Men's Gone Golfing Costume, Visor, Shorts, Top, Bow Tie and Glove, Size: L, Colour: Multi, 33421
Offered by Accessory-Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Looked great and arrived very quickly, 3 Aug. 2016
Looked great and arrived very quickly. However I used it for a pub golf day out and the crutch soon dissolved in to nothing. So by the ned of the day the shorts resembled a green chequered rag wrapped around my waste. Luckily I had clean pants on and was merrily carefree and it didn't bother too much. I'd say for a cheap outfit, it's great. But if your'e going out on a pub crawl, I'd consider some shorts for underneath, just in case!

Paths of Glory
Paths of Glory

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books i read in a long while, 28 May 2016
This review is from: Paths of Glory (Kindle Edition)
The only time I put this book down was to sleep (eventually) and to earn a living (begrudgingly). In both circumstances I was left feeling a little lost.

It was gripping and ridiculously inspiring. A fantastic story of man who I wish I could have known myself.

Ultimately, this isn't a story about what happened to him in the end, it's about the journey itself and the life he led and people he met along the way.

Tragic, wonderful and gripping. Well worth 5 stars.

How to Win Friends and Influence People
How to Win Friends and Influence People

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 May 2016
I'm going to make a poster for my home with all this books principles. Its not just about business, there are some brilliant life lessons to be had in here. If anyone reads this book and isn't compelled to change something about the manner in which you deal with others, then you're not looking in the mirror hard enough. The book is a little old fashioned and even the 'updated' version is not exactly modern. But, it is still very much appropriate for today and somewhat sorely lacking in much of the world as I see it.

Everyone who wants to improve their lot, should read this book. Once you have, re read it and write down his principles and carry them with you as a reminder. I feel better for reading it myself.

American Gods
American Gods

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 20 April 2016
This review is from: American Gods (Kindle Edition)
Great book! So different from anything in the fantasy genre. It twists and turns and makes you think a little differently about things. Brilliant story and fantastic characters..

Assassin's Apprentice (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 1)
Assassin's Apprentice (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Th only flaw is with me not reading it until now., 25 Feb. 2015
My first Robin Hobb book and I am going straight online to buy the next instalment of what is a fantastic read. Strong storyline and the characters leave you with a feeling that there's more to tell. The world in which the book is fairly standard the story is evolves a good pace. My favourite character is Burrich.
I'd write more, but this is eating into my reading time.

Simply put; buy, borrow or steal this book and read it.

Best book I've read since Game of Thrones or perhaps The wheel of time. Can't wait for the second book.

The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library series Book 1)
The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great concept and fun to read, 13 Feb. 2015
Very interesting book, I'm hoping it turns into a series. Nice twist on the usual fantasy fiction of dragons and fae. You're left with that feeling of bitter sweet you can only get from a good book; glad to have read it but a little gutted its finished. 4/5 because nothing is perfect with the exception of a few.

Messenger's Legacy
Messenger's Legacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, 4 Feb. 2015
Brilliant and short. Doesn't add much to the on going, albeit slow coming, normal series of books. But a wonderful book all the same. This novella is a fleshed version of the short story published in Unfettered. Fast becoming my favourite author. Read it in a few hours, couldn't put it down. I'd rather the next book, but this'll definitely pass the time while you wait for it.

Elizabeth is Missing
Elizabeth is Missing

4.0 out of 5 stars I nice insight into a mind with dementia, 2 Feb. 2015
My gran just recently passed away and she had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's a few years ago. I was hoping for an insight that I could relate to, which I found. I can sympathize with Helen and Katy; even with Elizabeth's son Peter, at the sheer frustration of living/dealing/helping someone with dementia. What I didn't expect was that the book would help me understand better my gran's point of view.

I read a fair few reviews before buying this book and in large the general consensus (negative) was that the book should not be brought if your old and the dragging out of the condition was frustrating and not needed to such a degree. However I would say that the frustration felt was for me (the reader) in gaining a true insight into the way my Maud (my gran in my mind) felt, and so for this the book deserves a read. It's not an easy or particularly great book. But it will give you an insight you've never had to consider before; and with that it may give you empathy towards others who are afflicted by this horrible disease.

Or it will make the commute pass a little quicker.

4 out of 5 because Its nit the best or indeed the worst, but it most definitely made me think.

Last Argument Of Kings: The First Law: Book Three
Last Argument Of Kings: The First Law: Book Three

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome trilogy (slight spoiler alert), 11 Dec. 2014
First experience of Joe Abercrombie. I love the pace of the trilogy, but am a little disappointed by the lack of any kind of closure to the lead characters. If this is, as I really hope, due to the story being revisited at a later date; then rants fine. But sadly o don't think this is the case. That's said the books are really worth a read. Great characters that felt like the best of every kind fantasy character I've ever read and then a little more. My personal favourite is Logen.

I do hope that this story will continue somehow. If not, well it was a great two weeks spent distracting me from my commute into work. Great story, needs a bit more of an ending.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3