Profile for G. Britton > Reviews

Content by G. Britton

G. Britton (Maidenhead, UK)

Ruslan Russian Alphabet Starter
Ruslan Russian Alphabet Starter
by John Langran

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential!, 27 April 2017
Perfect guide if you are new to Russian and the Cyrillic alphabet.

KP: The Autobiography
KP: The Autobiography
by Kevin Pietersen

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, Tiresome, Trash, 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: KP: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
As a fellow South African and a lover of cricket, I wanted to enjoy this book but was sadly disappointed with the content, a lot of it sounding like some spoiled kid who had his toys taken away and was having a good old cry. Tedious at best and full of his own self-inflated ego, this is definitely one to avoid!

Ozeri Deluxe Milk Frother & Whisk in Stainless Steel, with Stand and 4 Frothing Attachments
Offered by Ozeri UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 25 Feb. 2014
I bought this so I could blend/mix drinks prior to gym in the morning and with a house full of sleeping people, this is ideal.
Well packaged, it has numerous attachments that all serve a specific purpose and can even mix/blend rather than just frothing of milk. Whisper quiet and with a great build quality plus comes with batteries so you are ready to go.

MK808 Dual Core Android 4.1 TV BOX Rockchip RK3066 Cortex-A9 Mini PC Smart TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Versatile Piece of Kit., 1 Feb. 2013
I initially bought this for my upstairs telly as I didn't want the expense of another Sky box and subscription. Setup was a breeze, connected to a spare HDMI, powered from the TV's USB port and powered up within 40 seconds. Once you have entered your Google account details, you get access to the Google Play Store and all the apps you would be able to run on a tablet. Apps like Whatsapp won't work but so far Facebook, Twitter, Netflix plus email, web browser etc all work perfectly. I am about to install XBMC on it to add TV shows/movies. Video playback is smooth and all multimedia is dealt with easily. I would recommend a wireless mouse/keyboard combo, the USB dongle fits into the available slot on the MK808 and makes using the device simple.
So far, I have been mightily impressed, especially considering the price of the 808 and I now have all the functionality of an Android tablet without the cost. Get one!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Product, 19 Sept. 2012
I bought this for an upstairs PC that was struggling with reception. This did the trick, it was simple to install and the improvement in speed and reliability of connection was immediate. Definitely a worthy purchase.

Sony RM-SP800 REMOTE COMMANDER, 147814211
Sony RM-SP800 REMOTE COMMANDER, 147814211

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than Just a Remote, 4 Oct. 2011
Having shelled our nearly £10,000 for this remote, I must admit to thinking it was somewhat overpriced. However, once I had received the item, I became aware it was more than a simple device. Once programmed I found that I could rewind time, pause seasons and play with the weather, hence the hottest weekend in October in the UK. It also has the added bonus of being able to mute all family members, bring up a menu to change the colour of my living room walls as well as a nifty button that allows me to either speak backwards, or in 11 different languages.

For those that can stomach the price, this clever device will not only control your DVD player, but will control the ocean's tides, family members, the stock market and pause/rewind time. I have now won the lottery 47 times and am off to buy Australia.

Cold Calling for Chickens
Cold Calling for Chickens
by Bob Etherington

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Hate Cold Calling ..., 30 Dec. 2009
I have been in software sales now for nearly 12 years and like most sales people I work with, there is a general loathing for cold calling. But as the book states, 85% of business out there is won by the 5% of the sales people able to make cold calls. This book provides an approach and, more importantly, a mental attitude that you can use, not only in sales, but in other areas of your life.

After having read this book twice, I have a completely different outlook on the calling process and using the tips in the book, I am no longer worried about the rejections I get, nor the objections from customers.

Easy to read, easy to digest and I am looking forward to a revamped sales career in 2010.

Dave Pearce Trance Anthems 2008
Dave Pearce Trance Anthems 2008

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn!, 9 April 2008
Here we go again.

Same old songs, just change the cover and the title .. hey presto! How many times do we get the same old anthems rehashed? Leave it to MoS and we will have this again in a few months, and then a few months after that .. and then .... etc etc