Profile for T49 > Reviews

Content by T49

T49 "T49" (UK)

Guitar Hero: World Tour - Complete Band Game (Xbox 360)
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Complete Band Game (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Drums, The Drums!, 17 Nov. 2008
Firstly let me say how impressed I am with Guitar Hero: World Tour. Yes it is a bit on the expensive side, but actually when you take into account what you are getting (guitar, drums, microphone, and game, and free bass guitar if you pre-ordered) it is money well spent.

Lets start with the guitar... big improvements have been made to the design of the guitar (ie. the star power button, longer whammy bar) and the addition of the slider bar is very cool.

The drums are without doubt the highlight of the game!! The coloured pads are durable enough to withstand many hours of endless banging and beating, and the whole set is very sturdy. It is also very easy to put together, and folds away nicely, which is good for storage. Playing the drums does start of quite challenging: Even on easy mode all 5 pads, and the foot-pedal are used, but with practice does get easier. Having never played proper drums before it is hard for me to comment on how realistic the drum kit is, but is does provide hours of fun, and a whole different perspective to the Guitar Hero experiance.

I have not really used the mic much, or the additional bass guitar, so it is not really fair to comment on these yet. Although the bass guitar does seem a bit basic (it feels and looks very plastic if you know what I mean)but it does the job.

The game itself is good, but could maybe be better. My main gripe being that the set-list is a bit poor in comparison to previous additions of Guitar Hero, especially Guitar Hero 3. This may just be down to my personal taste in music, but in my opinion Rock Band 2 looks to have a better set list, and a far bigger and better set of on downloadable tunes!

Overall this game is very, very good! Many reviews seem to downtalk this game purely because of the price, but when you look past that, and actually play the instuments (espcially the drums!!) you will soon realise that Guitar Hero: World Tour is worth every penny!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2008 11:01 PM GMT

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Xbox 360)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Xbox 360)
Offered by AAA Toys

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better, but still room for improvement, 16 Oct. 2008
This time last year i worte a review on how disapointed i was with evo 2008 on PS2, it seemed like a step backwards, in the evo series. Well a year has passed, and i now own an xbox 360, and having recieved my copy of evo 2009 last night, it feels as if Konami are back on track. The gameplay (as always) is fantastic, the movement of players, and the physics of the ball are a massive improvement. The graphics have also been greatly improved. There are a whole lot more different game modes which should hopefully give evo 2009 that extra added play-ability factor, and having Liverpool and Man Utd as fully licensed teams is a lot batter than having Newcastle and Spurs (no offence Newc/Spurs fans!!)

Evo 2009 is not without its faults tho.... mainly the sound... the weird crowd noises are irritating, the commentary is (as usual) rubbish, and the heavy-sounding thud each time the players touch the ball does eventually get annoying, but this is easliy fixed, by adjusting the sound settings (or even just muting your TV!)

In all this is much better than evo 2008, and a welcome addition to the evo series, and should keep me entertained through until october next year.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS2)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS2)
Offered by marxwax

3.0 out of 5 stars Pro Evo 6 vs. Pro Evo 2008 - spot the difference?, 26 Oct. 2007
Having been a keen follower of the pro evo series ever since Pro Evo 4 I have been on edge, waiting for this game to appear on my doorstep for well over a month! I got home from work last night and there it was!! I could hardly wait to get it out of the box and into the PS2, the suspense was killing me as the game was loading!! And now, having played for a good 3 hours last night, I can honestly say that the excitement and suspense has been replaced with the bitter taste of disappointment!

Pro Evo 2008 is exactly the same as Pro Evo 6, it hardly feels like anything has been changed! I was excited to hear about the all new diving buttons, and brand new, redeveloped AI, however I find it hard to believe that any of this has been included in the PS2 version! I understand that next-gen consoles are the way forward, and maybe the PS3 version and Xbox 360 version are better and more improved, however I feel that Konami have let down their original PS2 fans by selling us an almost exact replica of Pro Evo 6. The only positives I can see are that the commentary has been improved!!! Other than that I feel let down konami, and face the expensive reality that perhaps it is time to upgrade to next-gen console....