Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Harvard Business Review
Harvard Business Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Great magazine, good navigation, 1 Jan. 2012
Great magazine, although given the way it focuses issues on different topics some months are more interesting than other. Saying that there is always something you want to read. Reading HBR reminds me of when I did my MBA where it was required reading, it was nice to rediscover it when I got my kindle.

As for navigating there is a very handy 'view Sections & Articles' option at the bottom of each page, which opens up a table of contents so it is easy to jump between articles and select what you want to read.

It isn't as good as reading the print version for the short articles where you want to read what attracts your attention, but difficult to see what you could to make this better on a kindle. Given the main value of HBR is the longer articles I prefer reading HBR on the kindle.

As for costs it is £7.75 per month (£93 per year) for the print version, so it is cheaper on the kindle. What you don't get it access to the online archive, which you can get with the print version for another £11 per year. But you do get to keep the previous editions of the magazine from when you started subscribing.

Baby Annabell Folding Push Chair 789377
Baby Annabell Folding Push Chair 789377

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun little pushchair, 31 Oct. 2011
My 18 month daughter loves this little pushchair. It is easy to push. It folds right down, although you need to unclip the bag at the back and upclip a few more bits, so it take a min. It has straps for dolly and it is easy to put the doll in and out.

Ecoiffier Castle Bucket Set
Ecoiffier Castle Bucket Set
Offered by BuySend

3.0 out of 5 stars Big bucket set, which you can't carry stacked like the picture, 3 July 2011
This review is from: Ecoiffier Castle Bucket Set (Toy)
The bucket is quite big and with the extra castle shaping piece it didn't really suit my old year old, who just wants to shovel sand into a bucket.

My complaint is that the pieces don't stack nicely like in the picture. The castle shaping piece and the watering can precariously balance in their slots so you can't carry them all together.

In summary the colour is great, the quality is good and I think it could really suit a child wanting to build castles.

Clippasafe Door Gripper
Clippasafe Door Gripper
Offered by BabySecurity

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what you want them to, 4 April 2011
These are quite easy to get under the door. You just need to get to the floor and push the middle section down as you put them under the door.

They haven't yet been taken off my daughter, although she is just a year. When the door is closed she likes to pick them up - thinking they are an extra toy - but they seem safe enough to be handled. They are very sturdy.

Elmer the Elephant - Soft Ball 10 cm
Elmer the Elephant - Soft Ball 10 cm
Offered by Spiegelburg-Augsburg

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a ball, but a good ball, 4 April 2011
I found it difficult to find a normal ball that would suit a 10-month+ child, but this is perfect.

It is brightly coloured, soft and a good size for a child of around 1 year to pick up themselves.

My daugther likes to throw it and will crawl off to go get it. She is just getting the idea of rolling it to Mummy / Daddy. We've had it for 2 months now and whilst it doesn't get a lot of play, it seems to have a lot of lasting appeal and I'm certaintly glad I bought it.

Front-back rider hip carrier from Infantino
Front-back rider hip carrier from Infantino

5.0 out of 5 stars I can see my daugther, she can see the world, 4 April 2011
This carrier only works on the hip. I say that because I when I purchased this carrier and still six months later when I am typing this review the amazon product details say differently. Hopefully fixed now! Although no matter the hip is a great place to carry.

The best bit is that my daugther is a perfect hight to see what is going on and to smile and interact with people, and I can see her face. She sometimes talks to me, sometimes looks at the world.

It is fiddly to get the child in and out, but after six months it is easy! Problem is that it took weeks before I found it easy. Although I didn't need any help in the begining, I just wasn't comfortable taking her in and out when I was outside (so quick trips to the park) and it took a bit of time.

I bought this for the short walk to nursery. I use it every day for that, but also for so much more. It is great when you know you have stairs, or to go to someones house and there isn't really space for the buggy. In fact I hardly use the buggy. Only when I want to buy shopping and the buggy can carry it for you.

The weight is in a good for 6 months - 1 year. And I hope to be using it for a lot longer.

VTech Baby Crawl and Learn Bright Lights Ball (Orange)
VTech Baby Crawl and Learn Bright Lights Ball (Orange)

2.0 out of 5 stars A regular ball would be better, 4 April 2011
I bought this because my daugther was on the verge of crawling and I wanted to encourage her. It does what it says and moves around itself. The music and the lights are quite nice (for a kids toys!). It also turns off, a must for the toy box.

The problem is my daugther didn't want to crawl after it - she would look at it go but had no interest in going to get it. She did like the ladybird on the top which you can push around in a circle, but that was about all that she found interesting.

It is also very heavy, so she can't pick it up easily. Which means it is not suited to her favourite activity of taking all of her toys out of the toy box.

She learnt to crawl, without the ball. I've since bought her this Elmer Softball - 10cm which she much prefers. It is just a regular ball, but brightly coloured. She throws it and crawls after it with much excitement.