Profile for Barbara, Bedford > Reviews

Twelve Rooms of the Nile
Twelve Rooms of the Nile
by EnidShomer

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother!, 9 Oct. 2014
If Shomer is no interested in Nightingale and Flaubert why doesn't she just write two straightforward biographies. This book is boring in the extreme. It is not particularly well written, rather sloppy language, in places interspersed with difficult. strange words, which sometimes are not even in my dictionaries.

Mrs Fry's Diary
Mrs Fry's Diary
by Mrs Stephen Fry

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Mrs Fry's Diary (Paperback)
One of the very few books I have given up on. I was expecting something rather different from a clever person like Stephen Fry.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2013 8:47 AM GMT

We Are a Muslim, Please
We Are a Muslim, Please
by Zaiba Malik

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 28 April 2013
I could not put this book down. I learnt so much from it about Muslim working-class family values and aspirations. It was also extremely funny in places. I would recommend it to anyone interested in ethnic minority issues in Britain as it can certainly help understanding between different groups in society.

Habits of the House (Love and Inheritance)
Habits of the House (Love and Inheritance)
by Fay Weldon

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 28 April 2013
I expected a book by Fay Weldon to be rather more challenging than this one is, although I suspect that it was mostly written 'tongue in cheek'. It seems to be a critique of the class system and no one comes out with flying colours! I doubt whether I shall buy the two follow-up books.