Profile for A. M. Taylor > Reviews

Content by A. M. Taylor

A. M. Taylor "Mostin" (Northampton, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Offered by SKYWISH

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for a basic machine, 25 Aug. 2014
A good quality product and the Tassimo system works simply and well. Have stormed through the coffees though and that may prove expensive. My kids (old enough to cope with hot water) now enjoy making drinks for us. As a strong coffee liker I haven't seen a really strong option for a "long" coffee in the Tassimo range.

This is a simple and well built machine but doesn't really offer any innovative features. I am yet to find a really strong coffee in the range.

Rieker Mens 33511 Boots Brown Braun (toffee 26) Size: 42
Rieker Mens 33511 Boots Brown Braun (toffee 26) Size: 42

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant boots., 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Rieker 33511, Men's Boots (Shoes)
These boots are light, look great and are supremely comfortable. Never tried this German brand before but are a credit to their country of origin. Highly recommended.

edc by ESPRIT Men's 044CC2C006 Short, Blue (C Regular Stone Used), X-Large (Manufacturer Size:36 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right length, 10 Aug. 2014
At 6'2" it is always touch and go getting shorts the right length. These are spot on for me with the hem coming to about my knee. I am a big Esprit fan already so was confident about the quality. They are great. Basically a cut off pair of Esprit jeans. All for around the £12 I paid so hard to beat I imagine.

Palladium Mens Pampa Oxford Shoes 02351-090-M Stonewashed Metal  , EU 42 (US 9) (UK 8)
Palladium Mens Pampa Oxford Shoes 02351-090-M Stonewashed Metal , EU 42 (US 9) (UK 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 10 Aug. 2014
I waited for these shoes to drop in price and snapped them up at around £25. A great bargain! Palladium make boots for the French Foreign Legion so the quality is good. They have a sturdy sole and toe cap in durable rubber. The upper is canvas so not good for wet weather, but as a light summer shoe they are distinctive and comfortable.

Sweetness and Light: 60 recipes for Healthy Sweet Treats
Sweetness and Light: 60 recipes for Healthy Sweet Treats
by Daisy Lowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Good food - great pictures., 10 Aug. 2014
Great book. Lovely, and more healthy, food ideas. Some very nice photography. And Daisy is super-easy on the eye! What's not to love?!

Original Penguin Men's Swim Ratner Long Sleeve Jacket, Blue (Dress Blue), X-Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket but pretty thin., 10 Aug. 2014
A good, light summer jacket. However, it is at the very thin, very light end of the spectrum. Maybe slightly better quality for the price would have been preferable?

edc by ESPRIT Men's 014CC2B008 Slim Jeans, Grey Used, W36INxL34IN
edc by ESPRIT Men's 014CC2B008 Slim Jeans, Grey Used, W36INxL34IN

5.0 out of 5 stars Paid about £12 for these, 10 Aug. 2014
I am a huge Esprit fan. To buy trousers of this quality for under £12 is a no brainer. They are hardwearing and great quality. Can't fault them at those sort of prices.

Fly London Mens Orde Desert Boots P210820003 Sand/Khaki 8 UK, 42 EU
Fly London Mens Orde Desert Boots P210820003 Sand/Khaki 8 UK, 42 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault for the price paid, 10 Aug. 2014
Fly is a premium shoe brand. Usually, however, they are more expensive than I would usually pay. These boots dropped to £28, however, so I snapped them up. A true bargain at that price. They are a comfortable and distinctive boot. The wedge heel design is unusual and distinctive but unobtrusive. The suede is soft but durable feeling and I like the intentional distressing of the toe. All in all very happy. Recommended.

So why not five stars? They are comfortable but there is some room for minor improvement in comfort terms I would say.

Davis 1023 - Mens Aviation Watch Chronograph Waterresist 50M Beige Dial Date Brown Leather Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch with a couple of small wrinkles, 30 April 2014
I bought this watch to tide me over whilst my Omega Seamaster went back to Switzerland for a full service. For the money this is a great watch and looks very good. I originally bought a 48mm one but found it overly large and too obtrusive. This one is just right on my wrist (normal sized, I would say, for a 6' 2" bloke).

The only slight downsides are that I find the watch case slightly deeper than is ideal. Certainly thicker than my Omega (but then that was 10 times the price so I guess you would expect that). I also found setting the date a tad tricky initially. I have the technique down pat now so it is OK. Lastly the date window is pretty tiny.

All in all I would certainly favour this watch over one of those pseudo designer brands that are all the rage currently.

xti Mens Black Hiking Shoes 26184 8 UK, 42 EU
xti Mens Black Hiking Shoes 26184 8 UK, 42 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, 30 April 2014
Have only received these today but am mighty impressed so far! Initially I was worried that they look a bit small. However they are super-comfortable in reality. They have a type of felt-like lining around the throat of the boot which is slightly spongy and very cosseting. The leather is soft and expensive looking. The boots are understated but with interesting detailing. All very, very nice.

Page: 1 | 2