Profile for D. Glover > Reviews

Content by D. Glover

D. Glover (Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
KitchenAid Artisan Candy Apple Food Mixer
KitchenAid Artisan Candy Apple Food Mixer

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I was expecting....and More!, 23 Jun. 2015
I was a little intimidated by the weight & size of this mixer so it has taken me several weeks to just dive in & start using it. What a fool I was! It is wonderful! I used it first to make cookies. My arm used to be so sore by the time I had finished mixing the ingredients by hand. It took less than half of the time it used to take & it mixed in the nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, etc. etc. without so much as a hitch. It is very quiet as well. I love it! It also came with a beautiful hard-cover cookbook (sent a few weeks later). I had put the instructions away for safe keeping (now to remember just where that is!!) & couldn't remember how to change the beaters. I checked on Youtube &, sure enough, there was a little video demonstrating exactly what I was looking for. What a company!! What a machine!!

MeMoreCool 2-Piece Bedside/Kitchen/Bathroom/Sofa Side/Living Room Rugs Set Soft Washable Door Mats Nordic Style Rectangle Absorbent Non-slip Carpet Welcome Rugs Indoor
Offered by Smart918

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute design but garish colors, much too small, & dated theme subject (i.e., Happy Birthday???)., 23 Jun. 2015
The coloring is more of a garish yellow/green than the muted colors shown here. And, for some reason, I did not notice the words "Happy Birthday" printed on both mats. Had I paid more attention when I was looking to buy, I would not have chosen a mat that was appropriate only one day out of the year (on a birthday). The mats are also quite small. I don't know what I would use them for. Good lesson for me - These mats were not cheap & I should have given them closer scrutiny before I bought them.

NUMATIC HVR200-12 Henry Vacuum Cleaner, Bagged, 620 Watt, Red/Black
NUMATIC HVR200-12 Henry Vacuum Cleaner, Bagged, 620 Watt, Red/Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A great little machine!, 15 Jun. 2015
The only thing I don't like about the Henry is it's a bit awkward to store with his long "nose" (the hose) & little attachments. I'm used to an upright vacuum cleaner so I haven't had this problem before. But, other than that, this is a really good little machine. I never liked the mess of emptying a bagless vacuum so am very happy with the easy to remove dust bag. The bag itself is large & there is absolutely no mess or bother disposing of it. Much better!! For being so little, the suction is amazing! I can't use it on my scatter rugs in the un-carpeted areas of the house - Henry sucks them up like he's starving. On carpets, there is no problem at all with pet hair, threads (I am a seamstress), crumbs, etc. We have just put in new carpeting so there is the usual new-carpet bits & pieces, which Henry picks up without a whimper. There is even a little demo video on YouTube just in case you forget how to open Henry to put in the new dust bag. How cool is that!

Tuff-Luv Embrace Plus Material Portfolio Case Cover for Amazon Touch / Paperwhite Navajo
Offered by Tuff-Luv

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Paperwhite case!, 15 Jun. 2015
I could be a salesperson for this Kindle Paperwhite cover. I can't tell you the number of people who have asked me about it at the doctor's office, the dentist, etc. So, number 1, it looks beautiful! It also gives you two different ways of using it. I have arthritis in my left hand so holding anything for long periods of time can be painful. You can use the stand to prop this up & not bother holding it at all; you can fold the cover back & use the hand grip on the back; or, you can keep it open like a regular book & read it that way if you prefer. It has an elastic band that fits over the front to hold it shut & it works great.

A few weeks later: Although I still love the looks of this cover as well as its features, there is a problem with the case shutting completely. Sometimes if you don't adjust it, the light remains on because the cover doesn't shut completely. My husband has the same problem with his Navajo cover.

Aidapt Wooden Lap Tray with Cushion
Aidapt Wooden Lap Tray with Cushion
Offered by MP 1st Class Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice tray...could be heavier weight., 15 Jun. 2015
The tray is nice to look at & it does what it is supposed to do, but the cushion part is made up of very light-weight beads. I think if the beads were heavier, the tray would stay in position better & feel more secure.

Premier Housewares Bathroom Wall Cabinet with Double Shutter Door - White - 55 x 52 x 22 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars What a delight to put together & what a delight to look at!, 15 Jun. 2015
Absolutely a dream to put together! All of the holes & grooves lined up, all of the pieces were included, the doors shut (& stay shut) & it looks beautiful. It was so easy to put together. There was one instruction sheet with diagrams & all of the pieces had corresponding letters on them. All of the screws & bolts were included as well as the hardware for hanging it on the wall. We put it in our bathroom to hold cleaning supplies & it is exactly what we wanted. Great price too!

Added a few days later: Major flaw - None of our cleaning products fit in this cabinet - on either shelf. Lots of other stuff will fit but bleach, toilet cleaner, etc. etc. won't. It still looks nice, but the only reason I bought the cabinet was to store cleaning products. Well, so much for that plan. Very disappointed!!

100 Premium disposable shoe covers / overshoes. Strong floor, carpet, shoe protectors CPE 3.5g x 100. Embossed. Medium to heavy use
Offered by e Sales Pro Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful idea!, 15 Jun. 2015
We've just had new carpet put in throughout the house...and it's a very light color. We have noticed that some people kick their shoes off automatically when they come in, even before they know about the new carpeting. Others, we have to explain about the new carpet & ask them to remove their shoes. With these shoe covers, they have a choice. I even keep some tucked in my purse to use when I go to someone else's home. I have always removed my shoes when I visit someone else, but this is so much easier. It's one of those things I wished I thought about a lot sooner. I could have been using these for years!

Le Creuset Stoneware Honey Pot with Silicone Dipper, 450 ml - Dijon
Le Creuset Stoneware Honey Pot with Silicone Dipper, 450 ml - Dijon

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little pot - nice looking & nice to use., 15 Jun. 2015
I've always had sticky little jars or squirt bottles to hold my honey, so I thought I'd treat myself to this little pot. It's a little on the expensive side if you are just looking for a honey pot, but I think it's worth it. It really looks classy. The silicone honey "thingy" holds onto the honey as well so there is no slopping honey all over the jar or anything else.

Duralex Picardie Cooler Tumblers 17.6oz / 500ml - Set of 6 | 50cl Glasses, Toughened Glasses, Tempered Glasses - Classic Style Glasses Great for Espresso, Milk, Juice
Offered by Drinkstuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, 15 Jun. 2015
The glasses are heavy, well-made, & look great. You could serve anything from lemonade to spritzers or coolers..maybe even sangria. They are probably a bit heavy for children, however.

Hug Rug Designer 13 Eco-Genics Friendly Barrier Mat, Blue/Pink Stripe, 65 x 85 Cm
Offered by doormatsonline 24/7

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful rug., 15 Jun. 2015
I didn't see it looking at the picture, but this rug is very soft on top. We haven't put it down yet - we are waiting for our new flooring, but it is beautiful & I think we'll be happy with it. The colors are very nice - sort of muted with the softness & I know it will look great against the wood floor.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18