Profile for Bateleur > Reviews

Bateleur

Finding Stars
Finding Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars An exhilarating and inspiring journey, 25 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Finding Stars (Audio CD)
Oliver's music transported my imagination from the first note. It is very visual and, to me, cries out for filmic expression. The track 'The Families' in my opinion is the 'epic' part of this journey. It is vast and grand. I see in the insert that some videos are already associated with his music, particularly 'Reffin's Sunrise' and 'Reffin's Rapids'.

His stated classical background does not overshadow the modern genres he seems to have a good understanding of and I think he shows enormous respect for his modern listeners alike, without condescension. It is clear to me that the mix of orchestral, solo piano and electronic soundscapes are testament to his versatility.

The order of play is well thought out, and the transition over the hour's duration of the album, as it evolves and unfolds, makes the journey uplifting all the way to the end making you want to start from the beginning all over again, and again.

Finding stars indeed. I think I have just found one!

Jimmy Carr: Making People Laugh [DVD]
Jimmy Carr: Making People Laugh [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jimmy Carr
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner, 3 Jan. 2011
This was one of my Christmas presents to my son. We watched it together and had a good laugh. Jimmy Carr is brilliant.

World Map Wall Chart (Wall Charts)
World Map Wall Chart (Wall Charts)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, 3 Jan. 2011
I actually meant to order the version for young children, and ordered this by mistake, as my grandchildren were still too young to appreciate it. It was bought for their nursery wall. However, as this product is well made and durable, it will still be around for when their are old enough, and will still serve to satisfy their curiosity meanwhile.

Vtech Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Learn and Go Handheld Learning System
Vtech Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Learn and Go Handheld Learning System

4.0 out of 5 stars Buzz plays and educates, 3 Jan. 2011
My grandson was thoroughly delighted with this. Although branded at a year older than he actually was, with his daddy's initial guidance, he cottoned on and played with it for hours.