Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Mr Jonathan Searle > Reviews

Content by Mr Jonathan Searle

Mr Jonathan Searle

Office Mac Home and Student 2011 - 1User  [Download]
Office Mac Home and Student 2011 - 1User [Download]

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Works!, 24 Jan. 2015
Downloaded this today with no fuss, and took about an hour or so from starting the download to being completely installed. The product key worked absolutely fine, with no glitches. I'm really pleased as I can now use Word and Excel especially on my MacBook Pro.

Welcome To The Freakshow [Explicit]
Welcome To The Freakshow [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Hinder's 4th Studio Album, 27 Dec. 2012
It still baffles me how a rock band with a fairly big status in America still hasn't even tried to break the UK market. Nickelback are probably still the only American band in this class and what harm would a little competition do?

In fairness, they did tour the UK what must have been coming up to six years ago now, but never released a single, nor were promoted that widely.

So, would they get any joy with this album? It's more of the same really as any of the three previous albums. There's your hard rock anthems, your middle of the road ballads and a couple that fit into neither niche. Should Have Known Better will be added to the five star list in my playlists alongside songs from previous albums such as Lips Of An Angel and The Life. It's not quite perfect, there are a couple of fillers, hence the four stars, but still, if you're looking for a modern day rock band with the melodic nature of The Calling (remember them?) and the edginess of early Nickelback, then Hinder's catalogue should fit right in.

If you do have a stab and purchase this, and enjoy it, then the other three albums will be right up your street too. And you may just wonder why you've never heard of Hinder before.

Qu-Chi Acupressure Band - Clinically Proven Relief Hayfever & Allergic Rhinitis
Qu-Chi Acupressure Band - Clinically Proven Relief Hayfever & Allergic Rhinitis
Offered by Healthcare4all Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Qu Chi Band, 25 Jun. 2012
I've used this as an alternative to tablets and eye drops for three years now. I have to get one every year as I do wear them out, but is still a cheaper alternative. I find alternating which arm I wear it on every day helpful and don't notice any difference between the days.

I used to suffer first thing in the mornings with hay fever, so wearing it overnight prevents this. I still sneeze, but nowhere near as much as I used to. My eyes don't itch at all whilst wearing it.

I've got no idea how it works, whether it's psychological or is a physical reaction, but it's certainly helped me.

Live In Buffalo July 4th 2004 [+ DVD]
Live In Buffalo July 4th 2004 [+ DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars A Live Greatest Hits?, 10 Jan. 2005
I've only been into this kind of music for about a year, I thought music was just what you heard in the charts. How wrong I've been, when there are bands like the Goo Goo Dolls out there.
This album is basically their performance on the 4th July last year and it ties together all of the better songs from "Gutterflower", "A Boy Named Goo", "Dizzy Up The Girl" and "Superstar Carwash".
If you're a fan then all of the famous songs are here, my particular favourites include 'Iris', 'Slide', 'What A Scene', 'Big Machine' and 'Black Balloon'. It truly is a collection of their best songs. If you've not got any previous Goo Goo Dolls albums, then this would be a great overview to the four albums mentioned above.
Seeing as this is a live album, I find it very difficult not to talk about the live performance as well as the music itself. The biggest difference between the studio versions and this live offering is of course the crowd and the interaction with them. This really does just add to the atmosphere, hearing the cheering and the crowd joining in when John gives them the opportunity.
One thing I'm always scared of on a live recording, is the quality of sound. It doesn't suffer here at all, all of the songs retain their distinct clear cut edge, typical of any GGD tune.
Oh, and did I mention there's a DVD with this too, so you can actually see the gig?

Opaline
Opaline

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking listening!, 10 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Opaline (Audio CD)
When I first came across this album, I was really impressed with the reviews that people had given. Nearly everyone on amazon had given it 5 stars and I was just discovering this side of chilled out rock music, so I thought "why not?" and bought it. It was a defining moment in my CD collection...
I'd not heard any Dishwalla music before, and quite frankly I'm beginning to wonder how that was possible. This is a quality record, smooth, atmospheric and melodically sound. Right from the opening almost Middle Eastern sounding drum beats of 'Opaline', through the emotion packed 'Somewhere In The Middle' to the solemn piano riff at the beginning of 'Candleburn' finishing up with the distinct clarity of 'Drawn Out' which has the same effect as a gorgeous sunset in the ending of this album, there isn't a weak link in the chain here.
This is one of the most complete albums I think I'll ever listen to. Every song has it's own character and it's own little space on the album. I did wonder if I'd bought the right album when I first heard 'Opaline', the title track, but as soon as the opening chords of Angels Or Devils came on I knew this album was a winner. I've never tired of listening to this album at all in the 6 months I've owned it. It's a wonderful way to wind down after a hard days work. There are the more upbeat songs, 'Angels Or Devils', 'Somewhere In The Middle' and 'Mad Life', but blended in beautifully with the less driven songs like 'Nashville Skyline' and 'When Morning Comes'.
I'd recommend their other studio album "And You Think You Know What Life's About", which is rather more rock based than this slice of sheer music genius. It's going to be rather interesting to see how Dishwalla's next album turns out though, they're going to be hard pushed to try and out do themselves on this effort.
The stand out song on here for me has to be 'Somewhere In The Middle'. It's one of those spine tingling songs. The clarity of the singer's voice, the richness of the complete sound, it creates images in your mind of beautiful landscapes... I've never quite experienced intense music like this. It really does take your breath away.