Profile for P. Shillam > Reviews

Content by P. Shillam

P. Shillam "IronHead42" (Great Engerlandland)

Page: 1 | 2
Facebook
Facebook

1.0 out of 5 stars more update misery, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Facebook (App)
Just had another update and it seems to be the one that stops the app opening, at least on kindle fire hd. Current star rating of one but only because of this issue. If they can get it sorted out soon then I'd give it four or five.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2014 3:28 PM BST

Black Wool Felt Tall Top Hat (Large)
Black Wool Felt Tall Top Hat (Large)
Offered by Adorabilia Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my hat., 3 May 2014
People don't wear enough hats. This is great quality. It's not just for fancy dress. Looks good and you can feel it's very well made. Digging this.

Panasonic HJE120E1 in ear headphones
Panasonic HJE120E1 in ear headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Just... wow..., 3 May 2014
I always liked earbud 'phones and usually go for Sony but I thought I'd give these a shot since they are a name brand, pretty cheap and I needed something for my new mp3 player that would be better than the bog standard ones I'm expecting with the device until I can get a proper set. I certainly wasn't anticipating this kind of quality. I don't know how hard wearing they are yet so I won't comment on that but the sound is superb. Very good response across all ranges, no discernible distortion at high volume, comfortable to wear and they feel very secure even without the use of a cable clip. And the price is excellent.

Definite 5 out of 5 for anyone on a budget.

Bioshock: Rapture
Bioshock: Rapture

5.0 out of 5 stars Ooh, now then..., 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Bioshock: Rapture (Kindle Edition)
If you dig Bioshock at all, just buy this. Niall Alexander has written the best review here so rather than wasting time writing a full and Frank (sic) opinion piece I would simply direct you to his. It's jolly good and tells you everything you could wish to know in a thoughtful, incisive and unbiased manner. I'll give it 5 stars though.Ta very muchly.

Necroscope IV: Deadspeak
Necroscope IV: Deadspeak

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series but...., 6 July 2013
I've been a fan for years and am currently working on collecting this series on my kindle. But where's book 5? Surely it can't take this long to publish them all. There are other titles from later in the chronology available so why not the one that rounds off this particular set?

Anyroad up, as we say in t' North, Necroscope will always be the best in it's genre. The only way it could be improved upon would be a movie or series adaptation from a competent director. And a complete set for kindle.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2015 12:11 PM BST

The Dark Lord's Handbook
The Dark Lord's Handbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Agreed, however..., 26 Jun. 2012
Though i concur with the glowing reviews I would say that while this is an excellent read the writer could do worse than hire a competent proof reader. 99% superb. Only marginally (but noticably) marred by dodgy syntax, grammar and typos.

I'd still recommend it.

Kristine & The Freshman 60
Kristine & The Freshman 60

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 26 May 2012
Wish i could afford the lifestyles described in Omiya's stories. Though well written, one has to wonder how his characters get their money since nobody appears to work. Still though, I rather enjoyed this. The star rating applies to his other work. Just can't be bothered typing this twice.

I'm Exactly Like This
I'm Exactly Like This

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever bugger., 5 April 2012
Good for a giggle. Also, more people should learn to lighten up because when i keep quoting them passages from this book and they tell me to shush it can get frustrating. It annoys the heck out of me too. I own this book and so should you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2012 4:30 PM BST

The Gift (Alexandra & Kate - lesbian erotica (strap-on, explicit)
The Gift (Alexandra & Kate - lesbian erotica (strap-on, explicit)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 5 Feb. 2012
One of those rare things, a work of erotic fiction that's actually also a well written short story. Although the short format demands a loss of deep character development, the two man protagonists are quite believable.You find yourself hoping things will turn out alright for them. The sex scenes are graphic enough for readers who just want tittilation yet tasteful enough to be considered truly erotic. A series to keep one's eye on.

Surface Detail (Culture series Book 9)
Surface Detail (Culture series Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Aye., 11 Jan. 2012
Banksy at his descriptive, brutal, complex entertaining best. If you dig The Culture or have even heard about it in passing just buy this. You wont be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2