Profile for MH > Reviews

Content by MH

MH (West Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
WOFI Ceiling Light, 5-Bulb Chloe 5 x LED / 4,/5 W - 53 x 53 x 35.5 CM / 3000 K Energy Efficiency Class A, 9195,05,01,0000 Chrome
Offered by sotel-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it..., 18 Oct. 2017
First of all I wasn’t impressed by the way in which this was delivered. Not so much the delivery people but whoever thought it was a good idea to send the light in its own box with just a label slapped on it. The box is just a product box made of thin card and to top it all there was no cushioning to the actual light inside the box. That said, on taking it out of the box it is a good quality piece and luckily appeared to have no damage. Having returned two lights that I felt to be cheap and plasticky, this one is more than the price of the previous two combined. It is by far a question of you pay for what you get. This is going in the bedroom so I have also ordered another one in the range a flush fitting for my ensuite as I wanted them to match. I have yet to see it lit up as it’s not fitted. It’s a lot bigger than I anticipated but I think the size of the room can take it, we had a small three spot spot light before and I always felt it looked too small. This is very striking looking, unusual and stylish. The chrome is lovely and shiny, the glass discs are clean and clear. The previous one I sent back was white plastic discs within silver rings,may have looked good on but it looked awful off and I’m sorry it’s off more than on and I want it to look good at any time. This I think looks good off. You can play around with the discs pointing them in other directions, so if you have a particular item in the room then you can highlight it something I hope to do with its partner in my bathroom with the new border tiles which have a metallic shine. As I’ve said it’s not up yet so I can’t comment on how bright the light is. Overall very pleased, but then my husband hasn’t seen it yet so.....!

Chic modern compact round flush ceiling light chrome metal colour white glass acryl LED in urban style for a living room, a bedroom or a hallway, 5 bulbs-incl, LED 5*5W 230V
Offered by RegenBogen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excited can’t wait to put up., 17 Oct. 2017
I love this light! They arrived extremely well packed, whoever sent it took great care. The quality is great, good weight to it, it doesn’t feel cheap. It looks amazing just taking it out of the box, I actually felt excited as it looked so good. I ordered two. However one did come with a slight mark on the glass, (which I believe to be a factory fault not a company fault) this has been dealt with in a prompt, polite, and very professional manner by the company. There is a lovely unusual pattern on the front which will come into its own when lit. They look exactly as the picture. I have to be patient as my bathroom isn’t complete yet, but I can’t wait for them to go up. I have checked with my electrician and they are ok in my bathroom because of the distance between water and lights. Better check if you want them for your bathroom. I liked them so much I did consider buying more as I am also needing other lights, but I decided to go for something else. I do not have any hesitation in recommending these and from buying from this company.

Smedbo Home Metal Wall Mounted Toilet Brush Holder  Polished Chrome HK333
Smedbo Home Metal Wall Mounted Toilet Brush Holder Polished Chrome HK333
Offered by davaria™

5.0 out of 5 stars You pay for what you get, 17 Oct. 2017
Have ordered the ice, loft and now home range. I must admit I saw these in a bathroom showroom as was very impressed. However I was not impressed by the prices. A bit of research later and good old Amazon came up trumps. Admittedly they are still quite expensive, but you pay for what you get. These product are suppose to last and not go brown with rust as many of my cheaper previous buy have gone. And when you think you replace them at £20/25 every year or two then if these last 10 years then they work out a good price. This toilet brush is a good solid piece of work. The glass is thick and I would be more worried about the tiles if I dropped it then the actual glass! The glass is also opaque/frosted. It has fixing to fix it to the wall which I think is great, no more shovelling them around when trying to clean the floor. It is much bigger than I thought it would be but it will look lovely tucked behind my nice new toilet. Please be aware that different companies use different terms for colours, silver, chrome, brushed silver, brushed chrome. I have been choosing silver or chrome in the hope it would come as chrome and all but one of my purchases have been shiny chrome. Love this make for its quality, style and durability’s.

SMEDBO ICE WC-Bürstengarnitur Glas satiniert OK333
SMEDBO ICE WC-Bürstengarnitur Glas satiniert OK333
Offered by German-Sanitary-AGB-Widerrufsbelehrung

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic solid bathroom accessory, 17 Oct. 2017
I bought one which arrived broken. There was no exchange so I had to return and do a re order which wasn’t a problem. Unfortunately the price had gone up by the time I reordered (very annoying) and I ended up paying a lot more. Anyway, second time around, arrived in one piece! Fantastic solid feel toilet brush holder. Puts the cheaper ones, regularly replaced because they go rusty, very much in the shade. Yes these are expensive but as always you pay for what you get. These are suppose not to rust and have a long shelf life. So I won’t be buying £20 holders every other year. It’s actually quite big. The glass is very solid, thick opaque glass. It must have had a very rough ride the first time around! I actually corresponded with the company and said I didn’t mind if they opened the box and bubble wrapped the glass which is how it arrived this time. The chrome is lovely and shiny. It’s a bit of a mine field when ordering these products as there are variations on colour, chrome, silver, brushed. Luckily this is shiny chrome which I think some call silver, but then I did order one silver (not from this company) which came as brushed and looked a blue/silver dull shine......The correspondence has been prompt and regular, even if I could not read it in German. I only need now to get everyone in the house to use it and it will be well worth it!

Smedbo "Loft" Toilet Roll Holder with Lid, Silver
Smedbo "Loft" Toilet Roll Holder with Lid, Silver
Offered by German-Sanitary-AGB-Widerrufsbelehrung

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality., 16 Oct. 2017
Quality shines through. I saw these in a local bathroom shop and was horrified at the price. That's where good old amazon came in and i found them far cheaper but even then i shivered at the prospect of buying a complete set. However, having bought many a toilet brush over the years that looked good initially but then started to rust in spots i worked it out that buy these products meant i didnt have to replace them for a long long time, so cost effective. I have the whole range either delivered or on its way. So cant wait to see them all up and running.

Loft Two Level Soap Basket Finish: Brushed Chrome
Loft Two Level Soap Basket Finish: Brushed Chrome
Offered by badlotse

5.0 out of 5 stars my mistake, 16 Oct. 2017
I feel I cant give less than 5 stars simply because I made a mistake. I have been ordering so much for three bathrooms that I accidentally clicked on this by mistake not realising it was brushed chrome. Everything else in the range, I have ordered has been shiny silver. apart from having to pay postage to send it back I have no bad things to say about this product. Smedbo is an excellent make if somewhat expensive, but you pay for what you get and hopefully It will save me replacing bathroom accessories (who hasnt had rusty toilet brush holders) for a long time.

Loft Glass/Metal Drill & Screw Mounted Tumbler And Tumbler Holder Finish: Polished Chrome
Offered by badlotse

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 16 Oct. 2017
You pay for what you get and quality shines through on Smedbo products. I have yet to have it fixed to my new tiles but am looking forward to seeing all the matching items together to complete the look of my new bathroom. These products are made to prevent you getting the rusty marks you get with the cheaper products. I must have bought and thrown out several over the last few years and although these are expensive they hopefully will work out cheaper in the long run!

LOVELY Metal DEER Door Knobs / Drawer Pulls from INDIA. SET of 4. (MD04)
LOVELY Metal DEER Door Knobs / Drawer Pulls from INDIA. SET of 4. (MD04)
Offered by Icarus Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Delighted., 19 Aug. 2017
Delighted with the quality of the stag knobs especially for the price. You get the knobs, a small nut which is on the (sorry not good at names of builders bits and pieces) rather long screw fitting (plain both ends) that fits one end in the stag and then the other obviously goes into your drawer. My only gripe would be the length of the screw part. It is very long and I would need to get each one sawn off to fit my drawers. However, I have ordered (on Amazon) some snap off screws which will hopefully fit. Just finishing off a 'hint of stag' themed bedroom. Delighted.

Ashley Wilde 66 x 54-Inch Archie Tartan Check Ready Made Eyelet Curtains, Slate
Ashley Wilde 66 x 54-Inch Archie Tartan Check Ready Made Eyelet Curtains, Slate

4.0 out of 5 stars Could not be happier!!, 19 Aug. 2017
Having painted a bedroom grey, with white skirts, I ordered the Catherine Lansfield grey check with stags heads bedding and curtains to match. Unfortunately, I ordered the wrong size curtain. They were not terribly expensive, but to have them turned up would have nearly cost the same! I could not find the correct length curtain in the same design so I looked around and found some grey check with brown stripe running through which I thought would go nicely, however the shop didn't accept returns for a refund etc so was reluctant to buy in case they didn't go, they were also a lot more money. Looked at all on line retailers and found these exact curtains on the Debenhams website. Was about to order when I had a last look on Amazon. I was delighted to find them, the same exact make as on Debenhams website. On screen they did not appear to have the brown stripe I had seen on the shop one but I thought I would order them and at the price quoted they were half of the Debenhams price. Well I'm delighted. They look exactly like the ones I had seen and have the brown stripe. They match in quite well with the bedding. I am going to put up some stag hooks for tie backs which I have also seen on here in Amazon and have found stag handles for a chest of drawer I'm painting. All in all I am delighted with the quality and the look I have achieved. In fact I think they look better than the original curtains that matched the bedding and will actually be better in then long run with out the stags heads on which would have been more limiting, I would give five stars but I feel to some that may mislead into thinking they are the very best of quality, which they are not, but you do get a very good quality and the best of quality look at a steal of a price!!

Fly London Maha, Womens Boots, Brown (Dark Brown 006), 4 UK
Fly London Maha, Womens Boots, Brown (Dark Brown 006), 4 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed., 16 Jun. 2017
I know I am hard to fit with boots. I do have several pairs of Fly boots (mainly ankle to lower calf) and certain styles that have wide openings to allow me to get my feet into them. (Usually zipped) I like the fact that Fly do a lovely range of colours. I think I got carried away with the price of these, great bargain at £48. However, I took a risk knowing they were pull on boots. I thought that if it was wide enough I would just slip into them. Well I couldn't, I barely could get my foot into the opening! Now i must admit my feet are not the most easiest feet to fit. I have a high instep, sore scarred heels from operations and my ankles get a bit puffy. However, when Fly for me get it right they are undoubtedly the most comfortable wear all day long shoe/sandal/ boot. I can not fault the quality of these boots, and the colour was a lovely rich brown. But, I really do find that, even with my present predicament the opening to these look very narrow. My search continues.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20