Profile for drewmunn > Reviews

drewmunn

Sena UltraSlim Pouch for Apple iPhone 5/5S - White
Sena UltraSlim Pouch for Apple iPhone 5/5S - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Protective and Sleek, 8 April 2014
This is my second Sena case, my first being the same in black, and I really like them. They protect my phone when it's in my pocket, but don't add bulk when I'm using it. The leather is good quality, and fits perfectly; it's a little tight for a week or so as it loosens up, but then it doesn't sag beyond a snug fit.

Torchwood - Miracle Day (Series 4) [DVD]
Torchwood - Miracle Day (Series 4) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eve Myles

2.0 out of 5 stars So much went wrong so quickly..., 19 Nov. 2011
I've followed Torchwood since its beginnings, and I've seen the storylines wax and wane. Sadly, Miracle Day is the closest I've ever come to giving up on it. The plot was flawed, and much of it seemed to contradict previous narrative elements. One of Torchwood's main charms is the fact that it's worlds apart from all the other sci-fi drama on our screens. Unfortunately, this is traded for the American, visually stunning, cable-network feel. Everything that made Torchwood different and special was lost, and it became just another sci-fi in an overcrowded field.

I think I would have happily given up on it after the second episode if it hadn't been for the fact that I kept hoping it would get better; after all, Torchwood - Children of Earth (Series 3) [DVD] was amazing despite a rocky start. Sadly this didn't happen.

Miracle Day was a let down for those who have followed Torchwood, and for those looking for something new and exciting. However, for those who want another high budget American sci-fi where the plot has been bypassed to make room for action, it's perfect.