Profile for Suzy & Bruce > Reviews

Content by Suzy & Bruce

Suzy & Bruce (Mid Wales, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Snug Egyptian Cotton Fitted Sheet, 300 Thread Count - Double, Ivory
Snug Egyptian Cotton Fitted Sheet, 300 Thread Count - Double, Ivory

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug, cool and smooth a great feeling sheet., 22 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been sleeping on this sheet for a few days now, It has been very comfortable smooth and cool.
The weather while I tested it has been very hot 30c outside and 24c inside, its been HOT. The sheet during this time has been great I haven't stuck to it once and while I have been rolling around trying to sleep the sheet has stayed fitted and breaths very well.

Vax Dynamo Power 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 25.6 V, 0.5 Litre, 85 W, Metallic Silver/Black
Offered by Emstrade

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly powerful and effective, 16 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried a cordless vacuum cleaner before but was unimpressed. However this one is much better. It's much more powerful than my previous vacuum and really picks up dirt well. It's also light and maneuverable, and looks nice and shiny. I like the charging station which makes it much easier to put it on to charge rather than fiddling about trying to find the cable to plug into a tiny charging socket. The removable handheld cleaner is a good added feature which is easily removed and replaced, allowing you to quickly switch from cleaning the floor to doing stairs or furniture. The only minor downside I could find was the small capacity and the fact that it's a little fiddly to empty. I'm used to vacuums that have a flip out lid and the dirt just falls out into the bin - for this one you have to pull out the filter and if you're not careful you drop parts of the cleaner in the bin, not just the dirt. I ended up re-reading the instructions and was still confused as the tabs you're supposed to squeeze don't actually seem to move - you just need to grip them and use a bit of brute force to pull it out. Once you've done it once it's much easier.

ScotchBlue Painter's Masking Tape Advanced Multi-Surface, 25.4mm x 54.8m (2093EL-24N) - 1 roll

4.0 out of 5 stars Non marking tape, non hassle tape, 14 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is pretty handy tape for decorating and is easy to use and easy to see. I used it on walls and also my partner used it to mask up an SSD so that the connection didn't get sprayed over.

It didn't leave any marks where ever we used it.

It is kind of on the expensive side but sometimes it is worth the extra to take the hassle away.

Powercool 30cm 18 LED Strip IP65 SMD5050 With Molex Connector - Red
Powercool 30cm 18 LED Strip IP65 SMD5050 With Molex Connector - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit, bright and have stayed stuck, 4 July 2016
These are easy to fit and the sticky back has stayed stuck. I have had other brands where I have had to re-stick with double sided tape. Very bright. Fitted mine inside my case on the vertical and they just give that last bit of bling I was hoping for.

Salter 1079 WHDR Max Chopping Board Digital Kitchen Scales, 15 kg
Salter 1079 WHDR Max Chopping Board Digital Kitchen Scales, 15 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, easy to use and clean multi function chopping board, 4 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am really liking this as a multi function chopping board.

It looks great and is very easy to clean and super easy to use. It's easy to store if required, but I like to leave mine out. As it is wide you can weigh things in multi-bowls like pasta and get a visual idea rather then taking a recipe's word for it.

It is also good for parcels because you can still see the readout rather than getting some torch out to read.

Zero In Bed Bug Killer Spray (300 ml Aerosol, Long-Lasting Household Treatment for Mattresses, Beds and Furniture, Lasts for Over 12 Months)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as effective as it suggests., 16 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Tried this product and it seems to work, although I must admit I didn't read the description and thought it was a general bug spray for beds. However it does seem to kill fleas quite well too.

The spray can suggests it is perfumed and is long lasting but it is not a pleasant smell and is more of a strong covering than a nice perfumed affair. The effects of the spray don't seem to last as long as I thought so I am going to have to spray another round. That may have been down to me being a little stingy with the first application due to not really liking the smell. Being a spray can format it is easy enough to use.

3M(TM)  Platform for Keyboard and Mouse with Leatherette Gel Wrist-Rest
3M(TM) Platform for Keyboard and Mouse with Leatherette Gel Wrist-Rest

4.0 out of 5 stars Very high comfort but slightly spoiled by the cheap mouse mat., 16 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is nice bit of kit. It may seem a little big until you put the keyboard and mouse on it. Then it takes up hardly any more space than the actual keyboard and mouse.

Before, I was using a keyboard and mouse gel set which were prone to moving about and were cloth covered. This keyboard combo is a leatherette affair and feels like a bit of luxury. Even though my desk is not the biggest this didn't have any problems melding in.

One thing I really like is that the wrist and mouse rest is all one piece and my previous one had a huge gap where one started and one ended. The rest has a very nice squishy feel to it.

But this product is not perfect. While I like the idea of the mouse mat being stuck to the base the mat itself seems cheap and has a scratchy feel it is also much much lighter than the darker grey base, this only highlights its cheapness in a otherwise quality base. It is also ridged and the mouse makes a scratchy sound when moved which is fine for some people, but I got used to the silent cloth surface I was using before, so it seems really noticeable.

I really think at this price point the quality of the mouse mat should be a lot higher and aid the glide of the mouse a whole lot more.

Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin and Grapefruit Travel Set
Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin and Grapefruit Travel Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Posh looking and smells great, but impractical and lower quality than I expected, 11 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really wanted to like this, but sadly I was rather unimpressed.

Positives:

It smells great.
The wash bag seems well-made, gives the appearance of leather and is a nice shade of pink.
It looks 'posh'.

Negatives:

Impractical bottles for shampoo and body wash: It's really awkward trying to open and close a screw top lid while in the shower trying to wash your hair or body. They would be much better with some kind of flip-up lid.

Difficult to open: Each bottle/tube has a little foil seal, which I'm sure is great for freshness, and avoiding any accidents while travelling, but not so great when you're trying to actually access the product. The bottles weren't too bad (though I'd make sure to open them before you get in the shower!) but the conditioner tube was really difficult to open and when I did pierce the seal I ended up with conditioner all over my hands.

Quality: Maybe it's me, but I didn't like the consistency of the shampoo or the body wash. It was like trying to wash with jelly. It's gloopy and if a little starts to slide off your hand the whole lot gets dragged with it. The shampoo didn't seem to want to lather and I reapplied 3 times before getting any kind of lather going. The body wash doesn't seem to contain any moisturiser at all and left my skin feeling tight like when I use soap. The conditioner seems ok though. For reference I usually use Aussie hair care products and shop's own brand shower gels, so it's not like I'm used to really expensive stuff.

Reusability: Again, maybe it's me, but if I was buying a travel set like this, I'd like to be able to reuse it once the products ran out. It would seem a waste to go out and buy another set. Sadly although you'd be able to refill the bottles, the tube would be no use.

Post-it "Flower SS" Sticky Notes
Post-it "Flower SS" Sticky Notes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little post-its in a fun, funky shape., 9 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Everyone is familiar with post-its and their many uses. The difference with these are that they make you smile when you use them. It looks great seeing a flower shaped note stuck on something - much more fun than a boring square. They have a pattern on the paper but it doesn't stop text being legible and they stick very well. I like that their sticky strip is in the middle which works well with the flower shape. They're not the cheapest choice in sticky notes but they are worth the price if they make you happy :)

Ambre Solaire Sensitive Dry Mist Sun Cream Spray SPF50+ 200ml
Ambre Solaire Sensitive Dry Mist Sun Cream Spray SPF50+ 200ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to apply, not greasy, no sunburn here :), 6 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this worked well and I spent hours in the sun with no sun burn. I burn very easily so need a strong sunscreen to last more than 1/2 hour without burning when it's particularly hot. Strangely enough I've had plenty of opportunity to test this recently with an unusual spell of hot weather in my corner of the UK. I quite like the whole 'shake until you hear the bead' thing - it reminds me of spray paint cans! It sprays on well although I half hoped it wouldn't need rubbing in, and that's not the case. It does seem to be able to spray well from any angle which is better than some spray sunscreens I've used. It doesn't have a strong smell and didn't cause me any irritation. I sprayed it into my palm to apply to my face but had to spray several times as it kind of fizzes and evaporates before you can get it onto your face! I wouldn't try spraying it on the face though as it has quite a wide, fine spray and I'm sure I'd get it in my eyes. When it dries (quite quickly) it doesn't feel greasy or sticky which is really nice. One minor downside I noticed was that when I applied it I looked all tidy but after going out in the sun I'd come back with white lines in every skin crease which looked a little odd. Maybe I'm just too old and creased :-/ All in all I was happy with this sunscreen and it's not a bad price either.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20