Profile for Suzy & Bruce > Reviews

Content by Suzy & Bruce

Suzy & Bruce (Mid Wales, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI 2.0 Cable - 3m / 10 Feet (Latest Standard) Supports Ethernet, 3D, Audio Return

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable well made., 23 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well made and working well. Using them to put 2560x1440p to my monitor and they easily handle this. The length is good, it actually would have been a little long except I have my monitor mounted on a swivel stand and needed the extra length to allow for movement. The ends are good too - even allowing for movement of the monitor they haven't shown any signs of falling out but are not so tight that you have difficulty removing them from the monitor.

Windows 10 Bible
Windows 10 Bible
by Rob Tidrow

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive content, 23 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Windows 10 Bible (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very comprehensive book but it is also very thick. Don't be put off by this as you can just flip to the bits that are of interest to you and come back to other bits when you need or want to. It covers a vast array of things you might want to do but are unsure how to, like getting photos off a smartphone and similar task, from simple things to more advanced things. Well worth a read if you're new or even an old hand at windows now there is this changing "final" version.

Inov8 4400mAh Lithium-Ion Pre-Charged Handheld, Portable Charger, Power Bank with LCD Battery Display. Integrated Torch. Reliable and Safe for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC, Go Pro and More (White)
Offered by Flashmemo-Uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed with it usage or build quality., 7 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this to charge my mobile on the go, However it is a little on the less productive side.

Build quality- is not great really. Which is very clear when you turn the torch on, it bleeds light into the number display. The number display not being completely straight.

Charging - This one takes much longer to charge than another power bank I have, despite being a smaller capacity. It keeps cutting out when charging. Seems a little over protective but has gotten slightly better having a few charges. It displays 50% and then 10 seconds later it is empty - Not Impressed keeps doing it.

Looks - Look nice feels quite light, just doesn't perform as well as I would have hoped. I am starting to think I will just use this as a torch and use my slightly higher capacity one to charge my phone.

Liteway 10 W ES E27 GLS LED Bul, 60 W Traditional Replacement, 806 Lumens - Warm White

4.0 out of 5 stars Massive improvement over conventional energy saving bulb and a nicer, warm colour of light., 2 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We are great fans of LED bulbs - they fit standard fittings and use less energy than conventional energy saving counterparts. I think you save 10% over the use of older energy saving bulbs so that is 90% less energy than an old filament bulb. The best part is they come on to full brightness immediately unlike the staggered light of the bulb I replaced. So it really is win win. There is also a chance they last longer too, but I haven't had any long enough to find out. Our older LEDs are older than a year and still going strong so it is looking promising.

The quality of the light is a massive improvement too just seems more natural than the conventional energy saver which always seem to produce an awkward hue. All in all we have been quite impressed with all our LED light replacements and highly recommend anyone to swap over.

Turtle Beach Recon 30X Chat Headset - Xbox One, (compatible w/ Xbox One controller w/ 3.5mm headset jack), PS4, and PC

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't produce enough volume. Uncomfortable after a while, 2 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I passed these to my partner to try with his xbox one, but after a very short time it was clear there was a problem. The sound quality is hard to review because he said they were not loud enough to hear, he was pretty sure they could hear him but he could not hear them. In the end they were tested on a computer but even then they had to be turned up by huge amounts to hear anything. Tested the mic and that seemed ok, tried different adapters but to no avail.

Comfort seems ok, though it is less comfortable than full game headset and it does dig into your head after a while. Looks are ok and the cable length is ok when connected to the controller but a bit short for the PC. The question then is why is it so low on volume, checked the xbox settings and they were up full. Maybe the new windows 10 update needs a patch to fix but it seem fine with a full game headset. So I can only guess the headphone speaker is to blame but as only a few others have mentioned it I am going with a few slipped past the quality control.

So it should be all fine and good for short term game use, if you plan to play for extended times them maybe you should consider their stereo version.

Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Sprout Plus LED with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit, Black
Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Sprout Plus LED with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, compact and well thought out., 25 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was very easy and quick to set up and has everything required for a miniature herb garden consisting of Basil, Dill and Parsley. All three are started at once, just filling water to a level and adding food. It tells you every few weeks to top up the water and add more food.

The lamp is adjustable to accommodate the growth but it is very bright which actually is saving me a little money as I don't have to turn the big kitchen light on to make a cup of tea now and LEDs cost a pittance to run. In fact I took a look at our electricity use before and after and it barely even registers. The unit contains some sort of pump which can be a bit noisy and distracting if you try and take a phone call standing next to it.

The buttons on the front are easy to use and you can reset the lighting and feed warning just by holding them.

It is all very clean and compact not to mention well thought out. I look forward to harvesting soon. This does not just grow the supplied herbs there are others e.g. (cherry) tomatoes that can be grown too, in fact when my herbs are established I may well re pot them and try to grow some (cherry) tomatoes.

I like the idea of the DIY kits to grow what ever you like, though I guess you need to be careful how big things get as there are only 3 spots and big plants will take up all three. All in all I look forward to experimenting with some different things and highly enjoying eating my own fresh produce. In fact the whole family are quite excited to try the end results :) The only minor niggle is the wait for the plants but all good things come to those with kitchen scissors.

ByJoy 925 Heart Shape Amethyst Sterling Silver Pendant of 45 cm Box Chain
ByJoy 925 Heart Shape Amethyst Sterling Silver Pendant of 45 cm Box Chain

4.0 out of 5 stars Elegant & understated, 24 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very elegant and understated necklace, which I am enjoying wearing. I don't really like 'flashy' jewellery but this is special without being showy. It's very well made and looks good. The colour of the stone (mine is amethyst) shows well as it doesn't lay flat against the skin - having the open structure behind it allows light through. The packaging is very nice too, which is something to bear in mind if giving this as a gift. The only thing I wasn't so keen on was the chain, but this is a personal preference. As it's flat I found that when it twisted it became really noticeable and I'd prefer a round chain for that reason. Overall a really nice simple necklace.

Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 2.4GHz Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Pro Gaming Headset

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good sound and extra features., 16 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are some very nice headphones that free you from being tangled in wires, unless you want to. You can use the wires provided for your phone or other device plus the wireless dongle also has a input for another device. It will mix the inputs in a "what you hear" kind of way.

I put these up against a the hyper x headset and in most cases it was better - except music and the mic. For general music my hypers were better unless the music had 5.1 coding that is. The mic on the hypers is only just better not too much in it. However the G933 gets bonus points for its placement and the fact that it neatly folds away.

I don't know how they get 7.1, this being my first pair of surround sound headphones but I found it hard to tell the difference between the placement of rear and side sounds while using a youtube sound test. I did notice that in a game it blew the hypers away being that they were only stereo. The environment it creates is much more immersive and enjoyable. But it does not seem that different to my 5.1 speakers in the sound placement. However these are more practical late at night, not to mention more mobile.

While I liked the fact you could change the colour (I could make it red to match the rest of my computer devices) it does eat in to the battery life, plus when they are on you can't see them. You have to download the software from the website is seems to get the full functionality.
On windows 10 it seems to need the software to use the surround sound correctly out of the box too.

These are fairly light and fit really well, I don't have a huge head so some headphones slid about but these ones fit quite well. The cups are comfortable and I have worn them for almost a whole day while playing a new game with out any ear pain. They do feel a little warm but nothing uncomfortable.

All in all a really good gaming headset an ok mic and a few extra bells and whistles to boot.

Fallout 4 (PC)
Fallout 4 (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game marred by so many issues and crashes, 13 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Fallout 4 (PC) (Video Game)
Been playing for a few hours once I got past the 5gb Dvdgate and had the game finally downloaded. It is immense fun but is spoiled by the constant crashing. Already day two I am constantly on-line looking for things to tweak to reduce the maddening crashes and not just crash to desktop but complete lock ups - something that almost all my other games managed not to do. However it crashes less often than Fallout 3 at least, though more than Skyrim. This is a little weird as I was under the impression that it used an altered Skyrim engine. Patches are what this game desperately needs. If it wasn't that I feel this could be my new favourite game I would have given up by now. One wonders sometimes if this game on the PC is even fit for purpose. It is a great game but marred by so many issues and crashes it is untrue. But I guess I will persevere and muddle on and hope the patches improve things soon. Buying the DVD proved that a game DVD on pre-order was pointless for most people as it took a very long time to get the rest of the game. Lets hope things improve or this came will be renamed Crashout 4.

Official Xbox One Wireless Controller With 3.5mm Stereo Headset Jack
Official Xbox One Wireless Controller With 3.5mm Stereo Headset Jack
Offered by Executivez

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and robust., 13 Nov. 2015
This controller is very firm and robust and accurate in use.
It really feels nice in the hand and give confidence that it is going to track well in what ever game your going to throw at it.
It is one of the best controllers I have used and feels like it is going to last a good while, generally every thing you want from a controller is ticked here. Can't recommend it enough. Plus you can now buy an adapter for a windows 10 machine and have it wireless too which is a godsend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20