Profile for Rich F > Reviews

Content by Rich F

Rich F "Richard" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Desk chair swivel PC office chair Tilt Function Padded Adjustable Height Ergonomic PU Leather
Offered by DEUBA e.K._1

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks fabulous and is comfortable to sit in for long periods, 21 Nov. 2015
I was a little wary of this because it seems an odd mixture of mesh back and leather. I needn't have worried. It looks fabulous and is comfortable to sit in for long periods. It seems well made and sturdy. The leather seat and edging trim looks good and is not sweaty in hot weather, helped by the mesh back. I have been using it for 3 months now on a daily basis without problem. Recommended.

How Cool Stuff Works
How Cool Stuff Works
by Chris Woodford

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for geeky boys to browser through, 22 Nov. 2013
This review is from: How Cool Stuff Works (Paperback)
I got this for my son who loves flicking through it. He will come up with anecdotes about how plasma screens are made and so on at the dinner table. I have bought another copy for my godson aged 7.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2014 8:43 PM GMT

HDMI Female to Micro HDMI Type D Male Adapter EVO 4G
HDMI Female to Micro HDMI Type D Male Adapter EVO 4G
Offered by Harrista

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 22 Nov. 2013
Watch out if you have a Samsung like me with the HDMI right next to the USB, as I can't use the left USB at the same time as having this plugged in. Rather annoying but it's Samsung's problem really, although I think Mac Air might have the same issue.

USB Data Cable for Apple Ipad and Ipad2
USB Data Cable for Apple Ipad and Ipad2
Offered by NM TECHNOLOGY LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible build quality and don't work, 22 Nov. 2013
These were a total waste of time (and you do have to wait several weeks to get them). They do not charge my ipad or iphone 4 ("This accessory may not be supported" my iphone tells me). My daughter broke the lead so the wires show the first time she tried to use it.

The printing of the USB logo on the plastic is really cheap, off-centre and faded which kind of sums up this product. It's going back to Amazon.

Kensington Pro Fit Retractable Mobile Mouse
Kensington Pro Fit Retractable Mobile Mouse
Offered by Computer Wizard Ltd UK company VAT registered

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent retractable mouse - but not as good as the old version, 8 Sept. 2013
I wanted to have another kensington retractable USB mouse, as a backup, as I liked the other one I have so much to use with my laptop. This one is fine, just not quite as good as the older one. The older one has more grip and rubber edges that I really like. The lead on the new one is supposed to tuck away fully inside the mouse. However the tab holding the lead in occasionally pops out. The older version did not tuck the lead away but instead had an external spool holding the lead which I prefer. Overall - does the job but not as well as an older version.

Rock Creek Park
Rock Creek Park

5.0 out of 5 stars Pacy, engaging and well written, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Rock Creek Park (Kindle Edition)
This is a "standard" thriller, but done extremely well. Often such books become tiresome as the characters are paper thin, the writing is dreary and the plot predictable. This book avoids such pitfalls while still being in the traditional mould: troubled cop from tough background, powerful politicians, the shadowy military/industrial complex, familiar DC setting. The pace really kicks in about 1/3 through and keeps up momentum. It's not original enough to be a must-read, but for a well written book to unwind with over the holidays, it's perfect.

iPhone 4/4S 5/5S 6/6S Car Holder Kit - Premium In Car Holder Windscreen Suction Mount & Charger for Apple iPhone 4 4S 5 5S 6 6S - Mobile Accessories By Sunwire®
Offered by e4deal UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Grips like a limpet, 22 April 2013
Like other reviewers, I thought this was intended to be removed after use. But I think you are supposed to leave it on all the time. i could not get it off the windscreen. So I left it fixed, without a problem - I just slot the iphone in when I want use it as a sat nav. Maybe this is better as my previous sat nav holder used to fall off the windscreen at the wrong moment, and I wonder why I used to disconnect it - probably when I thought someone would break into the car for the satnav.

It works well. It displays the iphone at a good angle. The grip onto the iphone feels like it could be more solid, but the phone hasn't fallen out.

The Fear Index
The Fear Index

4.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Fear Index (Kindle Edition)
A good and topical thriller from Robert Harris. I have read a few books of his, and perhaps his characterisation is a little weak, but he knows how to set the scene and keep you engrossed in the story until the end, with more than a few twists along the way. This book follows a similar pattern, and there's nothing wrong with that. There are some very nice touches, such as his description of enforcing the paperless office, although the denouement was a bit too cinematic. Reminds me I must see the film of his book The Ghost!

Compucessory Monitor Screen Riser 34-100mm Storage Stackable W307xD337xH100m Black Ref CCS25305
Offered by Office Nerd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 Feb. 2013
It is what is needed to raise a monitor to a good height (but not very high - consider others if height is important). Looks OK. It's the best value choice.

The Hobbit: Graphic Novel
The Hobbit: Graphic Novel
by J. R. R. Tolkien

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures and story weak spine, 1 Feb. 2013
This is a fabulous rendering of the story. The pictures are spot on and not too cute, and the words and speech makes the story flow. I enjoyed reading this myself many times, and have read it to my children. The only problem is that the spine is weak and the pages started falling out, so now I can't let them read it on their own. It seems to be out of print now. Please re-release it!!!

Page: 1 | 2