Profile for J Cattermole > Reviews

Philips HX9044/26 Sonicare Adaptive Clean Brush Heads x 4
Philips HX9044/26 Sonicare Adaptive Clean Brush Heads x 4

4.0 out of 5 stars Gleaming smiles all round!, 18 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a very welcome upgrade to the older version Sonicare heads I have been using. They are slightly larger than the regular ones which takes a little bit of getting used to especially for my children who share a toothbrush and use different heads and they particularly noticed the size difference but are getting used to this and say their teeth feel super smooth and clean!

I agree and feel they do clean deeper, particularly the gums but are still gentle. I have very sensitive gums but these don't cause them to billed which is usually an issue. I like the reminder of the colour changing bristles too - they indicate when it is time to change - typically around every 3 months apparently.

They are pricey - £30 for 4 heads - we're each using one in our family so after just a few months we'll have to re-buy but going by the new style and more effective cleaning I think this will be worth it!

Recommended - a great upgrade.

Brabantia Retro Pedal Bin by Orla Kiely - 30 L, Cream Linear Stem
Brabantia Retro Pedal Bin by Orla Kiely - 30 L, Cream Linear Stem

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightens up the kitchen!, 18 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
i really love this bin - you don't usually consider your bin to be a feature of the kitchen - it is just something that is there because it has to be being filled with rubbish. This really looks quite stunning in our kitchen and have spent the past week considering redecorating to the colour scheme of the bin so it all matches!! It's made a big impression on us and that is just the exterior.

The bin is the very trusty Brabantia and is a make I have always used and they have never let me down. My last bin was the same make and we've had it for about 8 years and was a press lid and the trigger action is still perfect - they make quality bins that really do last.

The pedal action is very smooth and doesn't close with a clang - it is smooth and elegant just like its exterior. It holds regular sized bin liners - we use a bigger litre size than 30 so it overlaps more and doesn't sink into bin with heavier rubbish.

The price is steep - you're paying for the beautiful retro design and the quality - it looks a lot but for a bin that even guarantees against fingerprints you know you're in good hands and it is an invests,net knowing you won't need another bin for an incredibly long time!

Highly recommend, this is beautiful and I want more kitchenware like this!

SUCK UK Cork Shaped Rechargeable Bottle Light
SUCK UK Cork Shaped Rechargeable Bottle Light

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun gift idea!, 18 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
this is a really fun novelty gift idea and a novel way to light rooms instead of tea lights and regular table lamps.

I got this as my husband enjoys his drink so it was a fun surprise for him to come home and find his favourite empty tipple bottle illuminated in our front room! He was delighted and thought I'd paid a fortune for it - he was surprised to find that it was just this small cork lighting it up and it produces a decent amount of light - this is great you can also change this to different bottles for whatever mood takes you! It is easy to charge up via your usb socket - it pulls apart to reveal the concealed USB.

A really fun idea that can be used again and again - I'll definitely be buying this for gifts for people alcohol with their favourite drinks so that they can be used after.

Recommended, a great gadget.

Oral-B Pro Vitality Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral-B Pro Vitality Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

4.0 out of 5 stars Sparkling smiles all round!, 16 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What an amazing value toothbrush and a high quality brand you can trust. I'm amazed this is just £17 and it genuinely rivals toothbrushes I've paid 4 times as much for.

It comes with 2 heads which already is incredible value for money - I've had £200 toothbrushes that have only had one head with them! It's easy to change the head and once charged you are ready to go.

The vibrating feel isn't too intense and for me with sensitive teeth and gums it's fine and doesn't leave my gums bleeding like some other models.

All in all a very impressive piece of kit and maximum has lasted a week without charging which is fantastic. Highly recommended at this bargain price.

Bright Starts Light Up Lagoon Activity Gym
Bright Starts Light Up Lagoon Activity Gym

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate baby gym!, 12 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is such a lovely baby gym with every feature you could possibly want. I love the animal theme to it and the hanging toys are lovely quality and very cute with different purposes such as a teether and a mirror.

The mat itself is colourful and inviting, one of my favourite features of this is the little cushion with is a simple touch but so many baby gyms we've used are so flat for baby but this little cushion can either prop up baby's head for comfort or as the lay they can lay on it to again prop them up - it's a great idea and the first I've seen so am recommending it highly.

The main fantastic feature of this which again I've never seen on a gym is the light up bar which is great if baby is crying as its distracting and so pretty and our little one loves it if they're cranky before falling asleep as it calms them down and along with the tunes it keeps them happy and much better than just a regular gym with hanging toys that we have been using.

I'm amazed at the bargain price - for £50 this is everything you could want in a gym - I would never use another one now I've used this! It's great - even my 4 year old wants to lay underneath to watch the lights and hear the sounds and music!

Batteries have lasted well too despite a lot of use so this is highly recommended!

Creations Thread Wrapper Kit
Creations Thread Wrapper Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for a budding fashion designer., 12 July 2015
This review is from: Creations Thread Wrapper Kit (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
i got this as my daughter has visions of being a fashion designer and I thought she'd enjoy customising her belts and bracelets etc. She liked the look of it and we gave it a go - she's 11 but needed help undertaking how to set it up - it is fairly straight forward once you know how and she can do it herself now. You load up the thread in different colours you can also colour your own threads if you wish. The machine does it all and she enjoys choosing the colours then seeing how her combination comes out.

She did one belt with it but didn't like how it came out so she unravelled it all but did it to her hairbrush handle and thought that was good. It's ok for bracelets and other things but she's not fussed about the results as fashion items such as bag straps etc.

Interesting idea. It kept her entertained for the afternoon and she goes back to the set when she thinks of something else she could cover. It's good but there's only so many things you can cover in thread!!

Fun set though for budding fashion designers.

First Alert CO-FA-9B Carbon Monoxide Alarm
First Alert CO-FA-9B Carbon Monoxide Alarm

5.0 out of 5 stars Stay safe at a bargain price., 11 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a small price to pay for something that could potentially save your life. I think this is just as important as a smoke detector.

I used to use the little strips you put on the wall that change colour if it is detected but they expire after so long and this makes them expensive but this alarm is under £15 and sounds when it is detected.

It is battery powered and comes with wall fixings or like me you can stand it wherever you need it hence making it portable to other areas.

Worthwhile and a great idea, this is a small price to pay to stay safe.

Eylure Firm Brow Pencil, Mid Brown
Eylure Firm Brow Pencil, Mid Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Precise and to the point!, 9 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm always on the look out for the ultimate brow pencil and I hadn't tried Eylures before.

It's a hard pencil and very precise and a good length so should last a while. The brush on the end is great for blending in your shading and dispersing the colour better. Similar to a Rimmel version I'm currently using.

This shade is mid brown and was slightly lighter than my actual brow so required quite a bit of blending but it's a handy pencil to keep in my bag for work.

Precise and to the point! (No pun intended) this does the job well.

Rexel Mercury REX1323 Cross Cut Shredder with P-4 Security Level
Rexel Mercury REX1323 Cross Cut Shredder with P-4 Security Level
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes shredding a doddle!, 6 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fantastic shredder for either yourself or even for a small office - it's not too overwhelming in size but big enough to hold a substantial amount of shredding before having to empty.

My personal favourite feature of this shredder is that it can shred CDs and isn't phased by staples. We were still using a shredder that required us to remove all staples from documents so this is a very welcome upgrade.

You can feed up to 10 sheets easily at once and it shreds it in no time at all - it turns the paper into tiny unreadable pieces - much better than the strip cut version of shredders which isn't as secure and we've now replaced it.

Very impressed at this - it can handle regular use without overheating and isn't too noisy either despite it's power. All in all very pleased with this - couldn't ask for more in a shredder. Recommended.

Rexel Mercury RSX1834 Cross Cut Shredder
Rexel Mercury RSX1834 Cross Cut Shredder
Offered by 3WM Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A beast of a shredder!, 6 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fantastic shredder for the office - it is quite a hefty size and needed 2 people to get it into the office but this is due to the vast quantities of shredded paper it can hold before emptying.

You can feed up to 18 sheets easily at once and it shreds it in no time at all - it turns the paper into tiny unreadable pieces - much better than the strand versions which isn't as secure,

Very impressed at this - it can handle regular use without overheating, if the drawer isn't in properly it cuts out ad doesn't work so a good safety feature. All in all very pleased with this - couldn't ask for more in a shredder. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20