Profile for Gregory Nonentity > Reviews

Content by Gregory Nonentity

Gregory Nonentity (UK)

CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X6, Up to 3 Users (PC)
CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X6, Up to 3 Users (PC)
Offered by OMG Sales

3.0 out of 5 stars X6 home and student is crippleware of the worst sort, 19 Jun. 2013
On the face of it, X6 Home-and-Student looks like good value.
If you don't already use a previous version of Corel Draw it might be worth considering.

However, beware that X6-H&S has had its feature set mutilated when compared with X5-H&S or earlier.
DO NOT upgrade if you already use X5-H&S, you will be wasting your money and your time.

New for X6-H&S:
* No longer able to configure shortcut keys.
* No symbol manager, so any of your existing designs which use symbols will be rendered un-editable.
* Many other (fairly elementary) features now no longer available.

For those of you hoping to learn how to use this software package with an intention of going professional, FORGET IT!

Trying to follow the >in program< tutorials is frustrated by missing menus and unavailable features.
It is as though the tutorials are for a completely different piece of software at times.

Trying to follow a learn-it-yourself book is even worse.

If your intention is to develop professional skill with industry standard software before forking out serious dough, I would suggest that you scoot by AutoDesk's website and check out their offerings before spending actual money on this product.

Best to learn from the mistakes of others. Don't waste your money here.

EAGLE EYE SUNGLASSES Style Asti Wrap. NASA PST Lens. Protects eyes. Precision Vision

3.0 out of 5 stars Great lenses, crying shame about the frames., 17 April 2012
I am a fan of Eagle Eye lenses. They work well.
However I was deeply disappointed with the feel of the Asti Wrap frames.
For the price, I was expecting build quality equivalent to a pair of Bollés but what I got feels more like the kind of tat you get from a market stall for a fiver made from what appears to be very plasticky EasyShatter acrylic. Regrettably, I can't find any real-world stores which stock SunTiger glasses, so I bought at risk and now have to take my expensive punishment like the dimwit I am. Don't part with this kind of cash until you've at least tried them on first. Don't be a silly billy like me.

Speedo Men's Essential Endurance+ Jammer - Black, 34 inch
Speedo Men's Essential Endurance+ Jammer - Black, 34 inch
Offered by Martin Berrill Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Modest and streamlined, 10 Nov. 2011
Having recently learned to swim and still frustratingly stuck in the "improver" category, I decided it was probably time to ditch the faithful bermuda shorts and go for something more sport specific. I'm glad I did. Time per length improved immediately by nearly 15% for the same effort. Putting vanity to one side, I had measured waist size (around the belt-line) and ordered on that basis. The fit is snug and comfortable. The waist cord will tighten a little, useful for security in the open water. There's an integral 'ball bag' to stop one's tackle drifting too far from its moorings and upsetting stroke rhythm. One snag though is when you revert from freestyle to breast stroke. The extra length in the leg leads to a tightening in the gusset which tends to release with an alarming >snap<. The first time this happened, I thought I'd bust a seam, but it seems that the stitching is strong enough to withstand such abuse. Since then, I've taken to wearing the leg tops pulled in to the groin area to keep flexibility in the gusset, practical and remarkably flattering too. In all, highly recommended.

Hi-Tec Men's Vlite Altitude Ultra Luxe Waterproof WPi Hiking Boot Chocolate - Full Grain Leather O000843-041 11 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Not so forgiving as the original V-Lites, 19 Nov. 2010
Having had a pair of the original V-lite series, I knew I'd be getting a decent boot.
These boots are great. Nice and light but relatively sturdy, and so far utterly impervious to the worst excesses of the English autumn weather.

However given my favourable experience with a previous edition of V-lite, I was mistakenly confident about how comfortable they would be. I know all boots need 'breaking-in' which can be uncomfortable, but my previous V-lites were good as gold from the first step until they fell off my feet two years and about two thousand miles later. Not even a blister. So, out I strode with a big happy smile on my face. Three miles later, not so happy with a hole worn through to the achiles tendon on both ankles.

My mistake I know, but be warned: The ankle support on these is quite unforgiving.
I presume, hope that it will improve with wear.
Other than that, a great boot.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2012 11:27 AM BST

Norton Save & Restore (PC)
Norton Save & Restore (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Norton Waste and Destroy more like., 2 Dec. 2006
I have previously been happy with Norton back up products so I was looking forward to something slick and quick, but I have to say that I am deeply dissapointed with this offering. I was duped into thinking that Norton Save Restore would provide quick and easy back up of my system. I should have got the clue in the 280MB download. It got worse. I spent the next two hours trying to stop its superfluous security software from fighting with my existing firewall then a further hour and a half waiting for the backup to complete. (This previously took less than 45 minutes under NG2003). After finding out that the backup volume was not bootable, I was subjected to a ten minute boot time from the recover disk. My opinion of this product is that it an over-featured, obese waste of time, and I would very much enjoy uninstalling it and deleting the MASSIVE install files. Save yourself a lot of time and stress by avoiding this product.