Profile for Fussy shopper > Reviews

Content by Fussy shopper

Fussy shopper (NE Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
YES original organic water-based intimate lubricant & moisturiser - 125ml
YES original organic water-based intimate lubricant & moisturiser - 125ml
Offered by Superfooduk

4.0 out of 5 stars Much less irritating than KY and other own brand versions ..., 24 April 2017
Much less irritating than KY and other own brand versions. Used daily as a personal lubricant and with electronic pelvic toner. 4 * as the consistency is runny and it gets everywhere. I transferred into a different bottle to control application because it poured out of the tube under gravity. Also no guidance on tube, box or insert as to its use by date.

Hippih Silent Wall Clock Wood 8-inches Non Ticking Digital Quiet Sweep Decorative Vintage Wooden Clocks(White)
Offered by FanceeHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 April 2017
Lovely clock, stylish and very clear to read. Absolutely silent in operation.

Garden Waste Heavy Duty Rubbish Bag - Pampered Gardens TidyUp - Re-Useable 120L Sack
Offered by Pampered Gardens

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! lots of room, 24 April 2017
Excellent! lots of room, but still light enough to handle when full. Well made from a good close weave plastic. Empties easy at the tip with the strap across the bottom.

Silentnight Deep Sleep 7.5 Tog Duvet - King
Silentnight Deep Sleep 7.5 Tog Duvet - King

4.0 out of 5 stars the duvet is perfect in every way, 24 April 2017
Arrived one day after the double version despite both being ordered at the same time on Prime! However, the duvet is perfect in every way, the 'slight second' is that it is 2 to 3 cm shorter in both sides than standard King size dimension, but does not affect fit in duvet cover. 7.5 tog is plenty warm enough in Northumberland at this time of year, and so much more comfortable than the 10.5 we were using.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless!, 13 Nov. 2016
I was looking forward to receiving this inhaler. It arrived promptly, well packaged etc. However, it is useless; the hole from the beaker when I placed my nose into the mask directed the steam at the centre of my top lip, scalding it, there is then insufficient steam to really get into your nose, due to the small surface area of the cup. I returned to the bowl and towel method, which always works. Of course, I carefully washed and dried both cups on receipt and then used one - so no chance to return. Will put in the recycling as I wouldn't inflict them on anyone else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2016 7:18 PM GMT

Navigating Teenage Depression
Navigating Teenage Depression
by Gordon Parker

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful insights, 1 Jan. 2012
I found the layout of this book easy to read. I especially appreciated the many descriptions of depression that teenagers themselves gave - it gives useful insight into the many ways they suffer and cope. This would have been even more useful if I could have read it 5 years ago, when it became obvious that my child was suffering from depression.
Alas, the authors make clear how important appropriate intervention and treatment are, which seems to be more available in Australia than has been my experience in the UK.
I have rated this book 4 stars because you may well expect to find some advice on how to cope with your teenager's depression and suggestions on ways to approach things, but you won't find much. It does, however have useful facts about the incidence of depression in teenagers. It can be somewhat reassuring to know you aren't the only parents struggling with the problem.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 31 Oct. 2011
These are just as bright as the GU10 halogens 50W I have in my kitchen spotlights. Okay, so they are whiter than halogen, which seem yellow by comparison. I bought 1 to see what it was like and now I intend to buy 9 more.

Tefal By Jamie Oliver Clipso P4110769 Pressure Cooker - 6 Litre
Tefal By Jamie Oliver Clipso P4110769 Pressure Cooker - 6 Litre

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy a Tefal pressure cooker, 19 July 2011
I have used pressure cookers for 35 years, and thought the Clipso would be good because the closing mechanism would be gentler on the wrists, and it certainly is. However, it takes forever to come up to pressure and now that I've had it a few years and need a new seal I cannot get one ANYWHERE.I have contacted tefal, who have not replied, so I am about to buy a Prestige Smartplus 6L having found the 3L version I recently bought so good to use, but needing more capacity. Tefal Clipso was an expensive mistake.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2012 1:20 PM GMT

When Your Child is Bullied
When Your Child is Bullied
by Jenny Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars a reassuring read for the distressed parents of a bullied child, 22 Feb. 2007
When your child is the victim of bullies it is distressing. It brings up the most painful emotions of guilt, fear and anger. Jenny Alexander's book is full of empathy AND ideas to make life more positive for the whole family. As the parent you tend to wonder if it is something you have done wrongly for your child, but there is no blaming in this book, just lots of ideas to improve communication in and around the family. When we tried to ban 'moaning and complaining' in our house we all found it hard, but illuminating.. there are lots of ideas for engendering more fun for everyone and plenty of reassurance that the whole family can get through and beyond the experience of bullying.

Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway: How to Turn Your Fear and Indecision into Confidence and Action
by Susan Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had read it 20 years ago!, 19 Jan. 2007
I had heard of this book often enough, but never read it. As they say when the pupil is ready, the teacher will appear. If you are really struggling with your life this book will give you heart, if you have been working on yourself it will remind you of all that you have learnt and prompt you to keep it up. So what is it all about? Firstly, it points out that everybody gets fearful, but that some people rise to the challenges they face more positively than others and so succeed in their lives, while others just seem to shrink, becoming more and more overwhelmed by everything. This book shows you how to turn your thoughts around to the positive, to switch off your inner nag and just get on with life. It isn't corny, it isn't gimmicky, but it is truly uplifting and calming, and it works. Last night my dishwasher broke and rather than get into a stew about finding the time to get it repaired and the expense etc as I would have done I just remembered ' I'll handle it' and got it sorted. This is a fairly trivial example, but those of us who are prone to worry and anxiety, are easily overwound by the most mundane things, so it is so good to have some tools to get life into the right perspective.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2009 7:54 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2