Profile for Dean Kernoghan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Thermarest Z Seat cushion coyote brown 2015 chair cushion
Thermarest Z Seat cushion coyote brown 2015 chair cushion

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldnt travel without it, 6 Sept. 2017
I go to a lot of sporting events and sitting for any length on a hard seat is very sore, so this has been a real blessing. Well worth the extra expense over cheaper competitor products

Sports Water Bottle AI Orange Flip Top Leak Proof Lid Non - Toxic BPA Free & Eco-Friendly for Gym Yoga / Hiking / Running - 36 oz 1000ml Large
Offered by AI-Orange

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubish, 6 Sept. 2017
Read the reviews and thought this must be a good water bottle but its not. The top lid is so tight you need to be Hulk Hogan to it. I tried a few times and thought if I had any actual liquid in it it would go everywhere.

Sending it back for a refund. My advise is to stick with the major brands, they know what they are doing.

Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II - Pearl
Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II - Pearl

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor customer service, 26 April 2016
Just a word of warning folks.

I recieved a faulty unit where it would get to 70% charge and then refuse to turn on. I couldnt return the speaker because royal mail wont let you post anything with a battery these days aparently. So I contacted customer support and when they did eventually return my email a few weeks later they told me I needed to update the firmware as there was a known problem with this. So I did that and it still had the same problem. I then waited another few weeks for them to respond and all I got was please phone a help line which was a waste of time.

Im left with a faulty speaker which has to be permently plugged in for it to work.

Thats the first and last bose product I will ever buy.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2016 11:54 AM BST

New Balance Men's NBML574DDAD12 Fashion Grey Size: 9
New Balance Men's NBML574DDAD12 Fashion Grey Size: 9

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 Dec. 2015
Never been let down by New Balance. Perfect fit and they look great.

Decowall DSH-M22OR 8.8" Non-ticking Silent Modern Metal Wall Clock DIY for Living Room Bedrooms Office Kitchens (22.5cm, Orange)
Offered by Decowall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Clock, 2 Dec. 2015
Great clock, well made with nice colours and it really is silent!

Anker Stereo Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker (A3143), 20W Output from Two 10W Drivers, Dual Passive Radiators / Subwoofers for Bass, 8-hour Playtime, Bluetooth Speaker for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More
Offered by AnkerDirect

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good, Cheap Alternative, 2 Dec. 2015
I took a gamble on this since it was so cheap and had a lot of good reviews.

Arrived faulty with bad crackling noise from the speaker. Sound was horribly unbalanced.

Do not think this is an alternative to trusted brand speakers like sony and bose, its not, its a cheap and poor imitation.

Mine is on its way back for a refund.

UPDATE 14th December 2015

So, I sent this back, got a refund and ordered a Bose Soundlink Mini 2 (from amazon Germany £126)

While I was waiting on my Bose, Anker Customer Service contacted me and offered me a free replacement speaker, which was very nice of them.

The new Anker speaker doesnt have the fault the last one did. Theres a lot of bass but sound is unbalanced and muddy. (I should say that I work as a sound engineer and am spoiled with listening to top of the range speakers, so maybe im being more critical than I should). For the price (£20 - £30) I will say the Anker is good value and has its place in the market. Having dealt with their customer support its also clear they value their customers satisfaction. However... I know its unfair to compare the two really as the Anker is £100 cheaper, but Im glad I spent the extra money on the Bose. It makes my music sound rich and full of depth and excites me everytime I turn it on. If you appreciate great quality sound, I recomend you save your money and buy the Bose. If your not really bothered then the Anker provides a decent cheap alternative.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2015 7:37 PM GMT

Jim Henson's The Labyrinth Novelization
Jim Henson's The Labyrinth Novelization
by Jim Henson

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful..., 29 April 2014
5 stars from me but this was not the book I ordered. I ordered the prequel as described in the book description above but the book I got is just a (very nice) retelling of the movie you are familiar with. Ill hang on to it as I am a big Labyrinth fan but just wanted you good folks to realise what you are buying here.

Rayman Origins (PS3)
Rayman Origins (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN!, 1 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Rayman Origins (PS3) (Video Game)
I put off buying this game for ages because, as much as I love old school platformers, I was never a big mario or sonic fan. But after reading all the positive reviews I thought id give it a go. Now i am about half way through the game and i dont want it to end, its so much fun. But at the same time challenging. It looks amazing, and the gameplay is spot on. The levels start easy enough and keeps things simple adding different controls as you progress. Never do you feel overwhelmed by controls. The harder levels do require skill to complete them, by this I mean old fashioned, jump at the right time skill that I remember fondly from playing arcade games in my childhood. (wonderboy anyone?) I must mention the music, which is perfect and very funny. Especially the underwater levels and mountain levels. I found myself playing those levels again just to listen to the music. Im glad I bought this game, and can easily recommend it to anyone who enjoys fun. :)

Castlevania - Lords of Shadow (PS3)
Castlevania - Lords of Shadow (PS3)
Offered by scaddingk

5.0 out of 5 stars My Game of 2011, 19 Jan. 2012
Im writing this review because I feel this game is overlooked by a lot of people. Which is sad because after a shakey start this game settles into what was the gaming highlight of 2011 for me. Its a very long game but you never but you never feel out of your depth or overwhelmed by the mechanics. The scenery is the best iv seen including uncharted. I found myself stopping just to take it in. It got criticised for stealing bits of other games such as god of war, prince of persia, resident evil etc but to me this is a good thing because they are my favorite games. Yet it doesnt feel like those games. It feels like castlevania. If your thinking about buying this game, just go for it and stick with it past the first couple of levels and you will be rewarded with a great game.

WICKED : The Grimmerie
WICKED : The Grimmerie
by David Cote

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic Book for a Wicked Price, 19 Dec. 2011
This review is from: WICKED : The Grimmerie (Hardcover)
A really fantastic book. Im not good at reviews but if you are a fan of Wicked and want to know more about how the show was put together then this is the book for you. The overall quality is astounding. Worth every penny. Even in a recession.

Page: 1 | 2