Profile for Michelle Therese > Reviews

Content by Michelle Therese

Michelle Therese (Planet Earth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cooler reading ruler
Cooler reading ruler
Offered by iansyst

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing really works!, 2 Dec. 2016
This arrived today and as soon as our 8 year old daughter came home I sat her down with this reading ruler. She has always struggled with reading, and she ends up very frustrated. But this reading ruler slowed her down and enabled her to work out the words step by step ~ because of the two sliding tabs that isolate however much of the text is required. It is brilliant!

Magnetic 8 Levels Turbo Trainer Varied Speed Cycling Bike w Front Wheel Block, 3 Colors Optional, Healthline (Silver)
Offered by Direct Power

5.0 out of 5 stars The various resistance levels were the selling point for me! Great for Arthritis sufferers too!, 12 Nov. 2016
Fantastic!! Once it's all set up (our 6 year old son put most of it together!) this is a fab bit of kit. My husband had to use an angle grinder to make the bike-holding area a bit wider to accommodate the gear cluster and then everything fit great.

The various levels of resistance make this AWESOME!! A real exercise bike. Maybe it won't do much for super-fit athletic types, although it would at least help you remain in condition, but for the rest of us it provides enough of a challenge. I get a grand cardio workout + I already feel muscles hardening in my thighs.

I have nasty psoriasis-triggered body-wide arthritis, yay! And so I stiffen up terribly If I don't move a lot, yet impact type exercise can aggravate everything. It's one of those classic situations where the doctor preaches weight-loss and exercise but you swell up like a sausage and can't walk for 2 weeks if you go for a good cardio walk?? Yet the medical professionals stubbornly insist that you have to somehow be all athletic just the same?? So I bought this as an experiment and it WORKED beautifully. I can get a fantastic low-impact workout, my joints seriously loosen up after even a short session!, and build supportive muscle strength, and lose weight.

If you are FAT like me, I seriously encourage you to get something like this or use an exercise bike no matter how big you are. This is one of the best exercises for painful joints! (Sadly too many thing a fat person is only fat because they stuff face, forgetting that medication + extreme pain cause a lot of us to become mostly immobilized. DON'T LOSE HOPE if this is your case, you can use things like stationary bikes to work wonders!)

VonHaus 10 Drawer Multi-Coloured Mobile Storage Trolley for Home & Office with FREE Extended 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and very useful, great size!, 12 Nov. 2016
Excellent cart!

The rainbow effect makes it look good and much less "industrial" so it fits in everywhere.

The cart is a very good size, coming nearly up to my hip (I'm tall) so there's plenty of room to arrange our rubber stamps and ink pads. The assembly is straight forward and once done it is moderately sturdy, not at all wobbly.

Invasion 2020: A Christian Suspense Novel
Invasion 2020: A Christian Suspense Novel

1.0 out of 5 stars Good story... except HUGE area of misinformation casts much doubt about credibility of the other information presented, sadly., 18 Oct. 2016
I was really enjoying this book... until the misinformation against a certain Christian church began. Which calls into question the accuracy of the information regarding Islam itself, as well as the level of the threat we face from Islamic infiltration of our Nation.

If this book cannot get information about "X" Christian church correct, (a chapter-and-a-half loaded with this misinformation!) with ENDLESS factual information about this church being available instantly and FREE on the Internet, (**Cough**Catholic.com**Cough**) then how much of the Islamic information is also inaccurate and misleading?

This is not a pretend enemy, this book points a huge finger at MUSLIM-Americans!

Now the credibility of everything that is written here is called into question thanks to the very strange urge to derail the plot for a chapter-and-a-half to slander another Christian church.
(Whatever happened to, "Thou shalt not bear false witness" and is this being done also to Islam and Muslims in America via this book?)

I'm sorry! I worry, ok? At the moment Western Society is very volatile due to many horrific terrorist attacks and we do not need any careless "sparks" igniting an exponential uptick in hate against Muslims based on misinformation. We absolutely need to maintain our freedom of speech and freedom of press but this is not a license to be careless!

You have to understand that these pages of misinformation about another church do *not* move the plot along or benefit the overall story in any way, it is so unnecessary and that is what gave me serious pause while suddenly finding myself muddled in these strange waters. WHY did the Author feel it was important to spend a lot of time filling the readers' minds with erroneous information about fellow Christians, and how does this reflect on the accuracy of the information about Islam and Muslims?

Since I am not any kind of expert on Islam I don't know how much of the Islamic information is incorrect? So I can't give black-and-white proof, I am only extrapolating and guessing. Her errors regarding Catholicism are very extreme and this has destroyed any trust I had that her Islamic information, including what Islam actually teaches, and all of this talk (in the book) of infiltration by Muslim Brotherhood and other Muslim movers-and-shakers supposedly infiltrating our government, our Media, our medical fields...

Unless there is a retraction made about the misinformation in this book regarding the Catholic Church, I would stay away from reading "Invasion 2020" because of the volatility issues I discussed above due to the credibility of the Islamic information now brought into question. Why take the risk of possible errors about Islam and Muslim-Americans spreading?

Tiny Churches
Tiny Churches
by Dixe Wills

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book!, 14 Oct. 2016
This review is from: Tiny Churches (Hardcover)
Lovely photos, great historical write-ups. A really nice book, thick and loaded to the brim. Even the cover and the insides of the cover are beautiful and the dusk jacket has the windows cut out so you get a bit of a 3D effect. The inside cover area has a 2-page spread of a photograph featuring a lovely wool tapestry of an old church. This entire book is just so beautiful and so much attention given to details like that!

The book is a great size, not too big or too small, and is the type of book you just cannot bring yourself to leave on a shelf.
This has to be on the coffee table for everyone to enjoy! :-) I'm going to order a copy for our parish.

(I just wish it was far more neutral about the Catholic / Protestant divide, there is some of the tired old Protestant propaganda in there which left me feeling let down. Such information is not at all necessary in a book like this and hopefully if there are re-prints or updates later, any of that will be removed.)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2016 1:34 AM BST

The Omega Conspiracy: Satan's Last Assault On God's Kingdom
The Omega Conspiracy: Satan's Last Assault On God's Kingdom

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read!, 8 Oct. 2016
Awesome book. Lots of facts but the author is such a good writer that I never got bored. Which I do easily!
Bursting with information about the rise of the UFO situation and how this might relate to the end times, "As in the days of Noah"...

Goo Gone Large - Sticker, Tar, Crayon, Gum, lipstick, wax etc remover - 236ml (8Oz)
Offered by K Master

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten Stars! This really works!, 8 Oct. 2016
This stuff rocks!
Awesome Goo killing ... stuff. Works a charm! And no strong scent.

Lamy Safari Converter Z24
Lamy Safari Converter Z24
Offered by Avatar Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious little gadget, 8 Oct. 2016
This little gadget sucks up the ink no bother!
It has a "screw" inside and you twist left or right to fill it up. Then, insert into the pen (line up the little nubs you find with your finger tips, with the small slots in the plastic barrel of the nib end of the pen) and viola!
Now I can use any kind of ink. Good stuff!

Grifiti Big-Ass Bands 4" 5 Pack For Books, Camera Lens, Art, Cooking, Wrapping, Exercise, MacBooks, Bag Wraps, Bungies Replacements, and Made with Silicone Instead of Rubber or Elastic in 5 Pack of Assorted Colors
Offered by Grifiti, LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Excellent. As usual!, 8 Oct. 2016
As usual, these bands do a great job of holding things together.
I use these for the blank Derwent pen/pencil boxes, the ones with hinged lid and tray inside that come empty. These bands are the perfect size for those.
Also great to use as a seal around the edge of my water bottles, for holding thick graphite crayons together, for smaller sized snack pots, very good for all these kinds of smaller items.

Hee Grand Women's Handbag Organiser Liner Tidy Travel Cosmetic Pocket Insert 12 Pockets Large Pink
Offered by Hrhymeuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and I like it!, 8 Oct. 2016
Very nice, surprisingly nice for the price! :-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20