Profile for Porl > Reviews

Content by Porl

Porl

Peaky Blinders 8 Piece 'Newsboy' Style Flat Cap -100% Wool (Medium (57cm), Grey Pinstripe)
Offered by Revive Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Peaky Blinder, 23 Dec. 2015
Very pleasantly surprised with speed of delivery & the quality of this cap (after I had been looking at more expensive ones on shops). Hat is a perfect fit (I had measured my head before ordering) & has a nice quilted lining. Only a small thing but the Peaky Blinder label is a real talking point. All in all I love this cap & would recommend to all.

Aussie Deeeeep 3 Minute Miracle Moisture Treatment 8 oz
Aussie Deeeeep 3 Minute Miracle Moisture Treatment 8 oz
Offered by Banana health

5.0 out of 5 stars Use to remove Pomade Grease!, 8 Oct. 2015
I use this to remove medium & heavy hold pomade greese. Apply to 'greased' hair ten to fifteen minutes before washing (brush through). Wash hair as normal and emerge pomade free. Fantastic stuff. Only downside is this in imported from outside the UK so takes a little longer to arrive.

Reuzel Medium Green Grease Hold Pomade
Reuzel Medium Green Grease Hold Pomade
Offered by The Beauty Way

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great pomade!, 8 Oct. 2015
I am new to the world of pomaded and so decided to give this a try after watching a couple of reviews on You Tube. Firstly the tin looks cool. It smells great and gives a really nice soft sheen and good hold. Unlike 'salon' products that o have previously used, this can be restyled throughout the day if needed. Only thing to be aware of is this is a proper wax, not a water based pomade, and so is tricky to wash out. As my hair is naturally greesy o don't like too much build up so, you need to do one of two things to remove. Either need a little bit of bicarbonate of soda adding to your deep cleansing shampoo or apply some Aussie 3 minute miracle MOIST ten minutes before shampooing. The latter works best!

I've enjoyed the Reuzel Green so much I've now ordered a tin of the new Reuzel Pink (heavy hold) & will post an update on that in the near future.

Professional Moustache Scissors and Beard Trimming Scissors, Extremely Sharp - Black
Offered by Sanguine Scissors Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little scissors, 8 Oct. 2015
Fantastic sharp little scissors. Perfect for trimming my moustache & stray beard hairs.

Peaky Blinders - Series 1-2 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Peaky Blinders - Series 1-2 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Bostin ay-it!, 26 Jan. 2015
Fantastic BBC dramatisation with a star studded cast of the storey of the Peaky Blinders, a notiris gang from Birmingham after The Great War.

Targus Luxury 15.6" Laptop Sleeve/ Neoprene Laptop Bag w/ Enhanced Corner Protection (blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 7 Mar. 2013
Speedy delivery. We use this to keep our new laptop protected when not in use. Interior is very soft and perfect for protecting the shiny white exterior of our PC. The exterior has protected the PC from minor spills from the kinds. The corner protectors are an added bonus. For the money, this is a no brainer for protecting your laptop

Richbrook Spinning Car Anti-Theft Blue Alloy Wheel Valve Dust Caps - Set Of 4
Richbrook Spinning Car Anti-Theft Blue Alloy Wheel Valve Dust Caps - Set Of 4
Offered by Roaduserdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamper proof and looks good., 4 Nov. 2012
These valve caps finish off my alloys a treat (its the little details that make the big difference) and has foiled some light fingered pond-lifes on several occasions. I have had them on my car for a couple of years now and show no signs of corrosion, unlike some other (no locking) valve caps that I have purchased previously. Therefore I am very happy with them and would recommend.

Lowepro Nova 140 AW All Weather Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR - Chestnut Brown
Lowepro Nova 140 AW All Weather Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR - Chestnut Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 4 Nov. 2012
I purchased this bag (from Amazon) for my Nikon 3100 some two years ago now. It is well made and very sturdy. It has kept my camera, and accessories (filters, mini tripod, lense hood and additional memory cards) safe from knocks and rain and still looks as good as the day I bought it. I would recommend this bag to all.

Nikon HB-45 Lens Hood for AF-S 18-55mm Series Lens
Nikon HB-45 Lens Hood for AF-S 18-55mm Series Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 4 Nov. 2012
It feels slightly flimsy when taken out of the box, but is very sturdy once clicked into place. Helps a lot at this time of year in harsh (cold) sunlight. Excellent purchase and would recommend.

Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon D3100, 14 Dec. 2010
Having been away from 'proper cameras' for the best part of 10 years I decided to venture into the world of DSLR's. My Dad and Brother had both bought Nikon D40s last year and I was impressed with their results, so I had already decided on a Nikon. I spent a couple of months weighing up whether to buy the D40's replacement, the D3000 or blow my budget and buy the new D3100. In the end, after reading lots of reviews and a slight drop in price I went for the D3100. I made the right choice!!!

The updated guide mode (improved from the D3000) makes taking superb pictures simple, even for a novice such as me. Picture's are superb, warm and clear, and I am thoughly pleased with the results. Live view is a good addition if setting up group shots on a tripod to then be taken on the self timer, but for all other shots I've found the viewfinder to be much better and quicker at focusing.

The bonus for me was also the inclusion of full HD video (which can only be used in Live view mode). I had read reports that the video was a bit shakey or wobbily, and that the video record button was in an awkward place, but I've got to say that I have found video to be fine taking 'normal videos' (I have never felt the need to shake the camera vilently from side to side to make the film shakey whilst filming; as shown on some video reviews I had seen - to prove that video was shakey?). As for the record button being in an awkward place... I've found it to be fine. In fact, no different to most compact camera's (with video) that I've owned.

This camera is everything that I had hoped for, and a little bit more. I probably wont buy another 'proper camera' for quite a few years and so I wanted something that would not only last, but would help me rediscover photography and allow me to grow. If you are a novice and/ or, returning to photography after a considerable time away, then I would highly recommend the Nikon D3100.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2013 9:57 AM GMT