Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Southampton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Life of General Garibaldi
The Life of General Garibaldi

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting if incomplete, 10 July 2016
Very interesting, although written in quite an old fashioned way and bitty with some key elements either not covered or skated over very briefly. An insight into Italian history.

Suffragette, the Autobiography of Emmeline Pankhurst (Illustrated)
Suffragette, the Autobiography of Emmeline Pankhurst (Illustrated)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting and chimes with modern struggles, 10 July 2016
I am only part way through it, but i find it throws an excellent light on the motivations. Even though I am a man I find that it chimes very much with current peaceful struggles with the British establishment which refuses to change in the face of very cogent arguments.

Bosch Rotak 37 Ergoflex Electric Rotary Lawnmower
Bosch Rotak 37 Ergoflex Electric Rotary Lawnmower
Offered by GM Suppliers

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not without niggles, 10 July 2016
Overall I like this mower and would probably go for it again. However it is not perfect. In summary (some points are a comparison with my previous hover mower):
Good Points:
- It does a good cut and I like being able to adjust the height of the cut
- It sprays out many fewer grass bits than my old hover mower, something that is very good for a Hay Fever sufferer, such as myself
- there was no need to clean out the cutting area of encrusted grass bits - this was an important thing to do with my old hover mower
- it is good ergonomically. Easy to push, including when it is not on, so I can wheel it rather than carry it back to the shed

Niggly Points:
- The electric lead is shorter than my previous mower. Although my garden is not large (but quite long) I need to use a long length of extension cable.
- Initially I kept kicking the cuttings box by mistake until I got used to it, and each time I had to fiddle with it to re-fix it to the correct place.
- When I empty the cuttings box the gross does not come out cleanly as one block as it did with my old mower. Instead I have to pull the grass cuttings out by hand. I think that this is due to small bits of plastic and the design of the box that acts to prevent the grass coming out as a neat block.
- I have to hold the button quite tightly as I mow or the mower cuts out. Holding the handle tightly counteracts the otherwise ergonomically good design.

On balance I am happy with the mower and I will no doubt get used to the niggles. The big thing will be how long it last but i am hopeful that it will last several years.

REDWOOD BB-BF210 Wild Bird Feeding Station
REDWOOD BB-BF210 Wild Bird Feeding Station
Offered by Home Solutions (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all round, 6 Mar. 2016
As expected. It seems to be reasonably robust and does the job as advertised.

Mcintyre Men's Polyester Cotton Cargo Combat Builders Warehouse Workwear Trouser, 38" Regular, Black
Offered by Sky Furniture

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good trousers, 21 Jan. 2016
Amazingly good pair of trousers for the price. I may buy a second pair.

2 Tread Safety Non Slip Folding Step Ladder Stepladder Kitchen Stool
2 Tread Safety Non Slip Folding Step Ladder Stepladder Kitchen Stool
Offered by Lettuce Eat

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - safe and sturdy, 10 Jan. 2016
Exactly as described. Much better and safer than standing on chairs to reach things.

MENS SLIP ON LEATHER FINISH COMFY DECK LOAFERS CASUAL SHOES SIZE UK 6 -12 (11, Brown)
Offered by Mc Footwear Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, but poor quality soles., 10 Jan. 2016
They look nice. However two problems. Firstly I needed to add an insole because the heel was uncomfortable when walked on. I have never experienced that before and it seemed to be due to vertical holes in the sole. Secondly the sole split drastically after not that much use - six months, wearing them perhaps once a week at most.

The Memoirs Of General William T. Sherman
The Memoirs Of General William T. Sherman

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent memoir from a key Civil War participant, 10 Jan. 2016
An excellent memoir of the American Civil war from a key player in it. One sees things from his point of view and makes what he did very understandable.

Front Row Rugby Shirt Mens
Front Row Rugby Shirt Mens
Offered by The Prime Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 10 Jan. 2016
This feels good quality, and fits well. I like it.

Battle Tales from Burma
Battle Tales from Burma

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but without much on direct front line experience, 10 Jan. 2016
Interesting, but as he was an adjutant for much of the time he was not directly on the front line (hence perhaps why he escaped serious harm). Still interesting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6