Profile for E.Meredith > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 743

E.Meredith
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
110 Litre Green Bin/Refuse Bin With Lockable Lid (made in the uk)
110 Litre Green Bin/Refuse Bin With Lockable Lid (made in the uk)
Offered by Anything 4 Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sturdy large bin., 20 May 2016
Strong and a very useful large size. The robust handles close easily and securely and stay closed. Completely watertight, which is useful as we store the hens feed in one of these and it hasn't leaked throughout the wettest, windiest winter we have had in 20 years. Heavy enough not to blow away if in a reasonably sheltered spot. I have bought more of these and am very pleased with them.

RY 3866 7-inch Super Rigid Bowl, Pack of 50
RY 3866 7-inch Super Rigid Bowl, Pack of 50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and strong, 20 May 2016
Very strong and substantial for a disposable bowl. You could eat your cereal from it and the milk won't leak through. Ideal for jellies and picnic bowls for salad or trifle.
Recommended

Furminator Rake with Stainless Steel Pins
Furminator Rake with Stainless Steel Pins

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for dogs with a woolly undercoat, 20 May 2016
I bought this for my Rough Collies (Lassies) who have a soft undercoat. This removes the loose coat without hurting them (they are very sensitive) and is ideal for any dog with an undercoat, such as a German Shepherd. It is also good on my golden Retrievers.
It is not suitable for my Labradors or Dalmatians, they need a completely different tool for their finer coats.

MISSLO Double-sided 44 Pockets Hanging Jewellery Organiser With Zipped Closure, Black
Offered by MISSLO

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly useful, 20 May 2016
This far exceeded my expectations in terms of design and quality. The hanger is far sturdier and better made than normal wire hangers, it also comes with a good strong over-the-door attachment, which was an unexpected bonus.
I have bought this sort of item before but this is in a different league. Firstly it attractively packaged so it would make a perfect stocking filler for a teenager (actually I think anyone would be pleased to receive this). I am very impressed by the strong quality of the fabric and the zips are well-made and close right up tight so no moths or dust will get in.
I have used mine for electrical items one side: spare batteries, fuses, chargers and leads, little screwdrivers, and also scissors, sellotape, elastic bands, rubbers, drawing pins and hairbands; then on the other side all the things which normally get lost in the kitchen drawer: Bamix mixer attachments, freezer pen, bulldog clips, Nespresso machine whisk bits, all those fiddly little things which one needs to hand. The whole thing hangs behind the kitchen door.
I look at it and feel that all is right with my world now I am organised and can find the charger for my iPhone at last.
I have just ordered a second one for the bedroom for jewellery etc.

Sunburst Whole Golden Walnuts Californian 1 kg
Sunburst Whole Golden Walnuts Californian 1 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh tasting and delicious, 20 May 2016
I want to eat walnuts for all their health benefits but have struggled to find any which didn't taste bitter or mouldy. Our supermarket ones are uneatable.
Knowing how aflatoxin is a problem in badly stored walnuts I had almost given up but decided to give these a try.
Well, what a revelation! They are worlds apart from the horrid ones I have tried over the years. These taste fresh, they are crunchy, and are extremely delicious. According to Dr Mercola, one-quarter cup of walnuts provides more than 100 percent of the daily recommended value of plant-based omega-3 fats, along with high amounts of copper, manganese, molybdenum, and biotin.
As omega 3 fats are known to be good for the brain and heart health and are anti-inflammatory, these lovely walnuts will be a regular order in this house. We store them in a Lock & Lock box in the fridge as they should be stored in the cool and dry.
As far as I am concerned, these are the Holy Grail of high quality walnuts so we are now on monthly subscribe and save for these.

The Durrells [DVD] [2016]
The Durrells [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Keeley Hawes
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly enjoyable, 10 May 2016
This review is from: The Durrells [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
This wonderful series is the most enjoyable thing I have seen in many years. It is about a family who move to Corfu in 1935, based on the real life stories of Gerald Durrell, the Naturalist.
The beauty of Corfu is captured so gloriously one yearns to move there. The warmth, kindness and passion of the people, demonstrated so well by the marvellous Alexis Georgoulis as Spiros is a hilarious contrast of this very English family. In a crumbling rented villa with no electricity, no inside loo and no money, they all reveal their characters, hopes and struggles. I read one newspaper review which said "it was not like real life" which simply means it is not like their narrow view of their own life; my family did something similar to this and I can vouch that it is very realistic indeed for the type of family, the time and the place.
There are rows, sibling rivalry, money worries, parenting anxiety, love and sex and plenty more. It is vastly entertaining.
Gerry, played by Milo Parker, is brilliant and convincing as the young Gerald, and Larry, played by Josh O'Connor, as the young Lawrence Durrell is suave, very amusingly outspoken and worldly-wise far beyond his years.
The outstanding actor however is Keeley Hawes. She is brave, loving, fiercely protective of her family and sexy but above all a truly authentic human being - I am deeply impressed by her performance and she makes this series and deserves the highest praise. Anyone who has seen her incredible performance in Line of Duty will know why I say that in my opinion she is our greatest living actress. It is hard to believe that the two characters are played by the same person, so unrecognisable is her character in the other role.
From the titles, the music, the script, the performances, all is perfection and I am have never before felt that about any series, apart from the original Poldark.
Comment Comments (20) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2016 6:27 PM BST

Mohoo 6 in 1 Micro Mini cCopper Hammer with 4 kinds Screwdrivers DIY Tools
Mohoo 6 in 1 Micro Mini cCopper Hammer with 4 kinds Screwdrivers DIY Tools
Offered by Pousrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent household tool, 3 May 2016
As normal screwdrivers disappear mysteriously in this house, particularly the ones from my kitchen drawer, I find this one tends to be respected for some reason and so far hasn't been slipped into a pocket.
Very well made, and very useful indeed for every day use. The hammer is heavy enough for things like picture hooks, floor or upholstery tacks etc, and the screwdriver bits fit well and work well. It is the one I use and is easy to find for changing fuses in plugs. It is a nice object and a pleasure to use.
I also gave my Mum and my daughter one in their Christmas stockings and they both love them. I have just bought a second one for myself for upstairs.

TRIXES Ladies Cream Polka Dots on Navy Blue Fashionable Silk Scarf
TRIXES Ladies Cream Polka Dots on Navy Blue Fashionable Silk Scarf
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and nicely made, 3 May 2016
Very pretty lightweight scarf and incredible for the price. I found the finish on the one I received to be perfect and well made.
Rolls up into tiny item for keeping handy in luggage.

Joan Collins Timeless Beauty Fade To Perfect Concealer, Fair 5 ml
Joan Collins Timeless Beauty Fade To Perfect Concealer, Fair 5 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Very flattering, 3 May 2016
A really good concealer. Fantastic for brightening under the eyes and any area you wish to lighten a little. Gives a 'lit from within look' which is very pretty. Not shiny, so flattering for older skins as well as young. Does not cake. Stays on all day. Like all Joan Collins cosmetics, the packaging is beautiful and easy to use.

Schwartz Onion Salt 65g
Schwartz Onion Salt 65g
Offered by British_Corner_Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious onion salt, 3 May 2016
Delicious, really improves things like roast chicken etc. when cooking in a hurry. Like all Schwartz products, excellent quality. However, much cheaper if ordered directly from Schwartz (£1.95) They do free shipping over £10 (easy enough as they have so many staple spices most people use e.g their white ground pepper is dramatically better than supermarket ones, and their Piri Piri shake is fantastic on everything.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13