Profile for mblack > Reviews

Australia Blues: A Scot at the Ashes
Australia Blues: A Scot at the Ashes
by Stuart Croll

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashed it for six!!!, 18 July 2012
Im not a huge fan of cricket and given the hit and miss nature of travel writing (some of it funny and interesting others boring and decidedly unfunny) I wasnt expecting alot from this book.

What a surprise then that I flew through it and couldnt put it down. I even enjoyed the cricket parts.

The writing is snappy and witty. The tales from Australia are interesting and something I could relate to from my travels around the place. I personally came away with a fonder perception of Melbourne than the author did but hey!!

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes cricket or travel writing or even those just looking for something funny to read. Ive a new found respect for ardent sports fans following their team across the globe and while I wont be watching cricket any time soon it has given me a longing to return to Australia.

I think its worth all 5 stars which is unusual for me as the only other review Ive given with 5 stars......Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom. High praise indeed.