Profile for M. A. Bateman > Reviews

Content by M. A. Bateman

M. A. Bateman (Derby, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
NETGEAR Mini N300 Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender with External Antennas (Wi-Fi Booster) (EX2700-100UKS)

1.0 out of 5 stars One worked, two didn't. So frustrating., 14 Aug. 2017
I bought one, it worked so took it to Malta and ordered 2 more. However the 2 new ones drop connection within minutes. When I first turn it on I can connect via WPS, and everything works. Yayyy I think, I move it a few metres away, and turn it back on. It connects to the router, all good, only for it to drop connection. I can either connect to the extender (including using the app) or I can't, but either way it won't connect to internet. I have reset, changed wifi names, reset, changed names, reset, blah blah blah and no matter what I do, they don't work. I can see the extender via wifi fine, and is providing a stronger signal than my crappy Sky hub, but alas I can't connect to it. Sometimes I can pick up an IP address, but it won't connect to internet despite green lights on front. So so so so so frustrating.

Fellowes Star A4 Manual Comb Binder
Fellowes Star A4 Manual Comb Binder

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't use wire combs, advert needs updating, 22 Sept. 2016
Only takes plastic binders - as I found out once I had it delivered. As soon as they make this clear in the advert I'll remove this one star review. (I"m annoyed as I took ages to research which one to buy, and was running against a deadline. Only for me not to be able to use it because it didn't work with my wire combs.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2017 3:26 PM BST

Vax Air Compact C88-AM-Be Cylinder Vacuum
Vax Air Compact C88-AM-Be Cylinder Vacuum

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL AVOID, 3 May 2015
By far the worst so called vacuum cleaner. Filters get clogged. Getting rid of the dust results in swearing and filth everywhere. And you have to take the BL£(hy thing apart every time to try and maintain auction. Oh and the hose kinks way to easily. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Le'Xpress Stainless Steel Coffee Tamper
Le'Xpress Stainless Steel Coffee Tamper

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, weighty, class., 17 Feb. 2015
Perfect, weighty, class.

National Geographic Antique World Pinboard Map Wood Framed with Flag Pins (36" x 24")
Offered by Mapsonline

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, not brilliant as the board bows, but still good, 17 Feb. 2015
I bought two of these - but as it's very thin board it bends/bows on the wall. The wooden frame around the edge does keep it straight though.

Speedlink SL-8691-SBK-01 Spes Clip-On Microphone - Black
Speedlink SL-8691-SBK-01 Spes Clip-On Microphone - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 17 Feb. 2015
Cheap, but works. Picks up background noise - so needs a very still environment.

[Upgraded Version] VicTsing
[Upgraded Version] VicTsing

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by everyone!, 17 Feb. 2015
Bought a number of these as presents - universally loved!

Aukey MUSE Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Mobile Mini Stereo Speaker Boombox, 10 Hours Playtime, Dual 5W Driver, Full, High-Def. Sound, Built in Mic Speaker System, 3.5mm AUX Port, Rechargeable Battery, Works for Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Nexus, Smartphones, Tablet, Computer, MP3 Player, TV, Car and Any Bluetooth Enabled Devices (SK-M2, Silver)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great reviews - but - had to return two items, 17 Feb. 2015
15/2/15 - Bought two of these for my girls for Christmas after reading all the positive reviews. I just asked my oldest daughter what she wanted for her birthday - she said a working bluetooth speaker (it's now Feb). On asking what the problem was she said that it works most of the time with her phone (a Samsung) but keeps cutting out when using her laptop (to watch films). I asked my other daughter to find out her experience and she told me the exact same story (iphone, different laptop). Needless to say, contacted Amazon support who thankfully said I could return. What a shame!

16/3/15 - After leaving this review Aukey contacted me offering to provide a full refund - which is great as it's now 3 months later. They asked me to delete or change my review - so I'm adding to it and bumped it up from 2 stars to 3 stars simply for offering excellent customer service. Doesn't change the fact that the speakers still cut out when watching films though :(
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2015 10:21 AM GMT

1.8M Mini Display Port DP to HDMI Cable Adapter For iMac MacBook Pro Air LCD TV | Thunderbolt Compatible
Offered by ForPower UK

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended., 21 Jan. 2015
Works as promised. Seems well designed, clean, recommended.

Million Dollar Consulting
Million Dollar Consulting
by Alan Weiss

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any self employed consultant, 17 Sept. 2013
A great book. Don't be put off by stereotypes, racism, the fact that he's a self promoter. Alan has a gift for communication and clear thinking. He distils his approach in this book. Worth far more than the cost. If you actively sell yourself or your service, buy, read and put into practice this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5