Profile for M. A. Bateman > Reviews

Content by M. A. Bateman

M. A. Bateman (Derby, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Neckband Bluetooth Headphones, Mpow® Jaws Bluetooth 4.1 Wireless Headphones CVC 6.0 Noise Cancelling Stereo Earphones Neckband Design Sweatproof Sports Earbuds with APT-X/Mic Hands Free Calling for iPhone Samsung and Other Smartphones
Offered by Patox

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - people can't hear me, 15 Aug. 2016
I expected great things from these headphones based on the reviews. I've had many comments when using the headset making normal calls that people can barely hear me. I bought it primarily for this purpose so it isn't for for purpose which is a huge shame. It sound like I'm miles away from the microphone. When I'm in my car it is better than the in-car phone system (BMW) - so that's good. But for the rest of the time I've been very disappointed.

Vax Air Compact C88-AM-Be Cylinder Vacuum
Vax Air Compact C88-AM-Be Cylinder Vacuum

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL AVOID, 3 May 2015
By far the worst so called vacuum cleaner. Filters get clogged. Getting rid of the dust results in swearing and filth everywhere. And you have to take the BL£(hy thing apart every time to try and maintain auction. Oh and the hose kinks way to easily. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Le'Xpress Stainless Steel Coffee Tamper
Le'Xpress Stainless Steel Coffee Tamper

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, weighty, class., 17 Feb. 2015
Perfect, weighty, class.

National Geographic Antique World Pinboard Map Wood Framed with Flag Pins (36" x 24")
Offered by Mapsonline

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, not brilliant as the board bows, but still good, 17 Feb. 2015
I bought two of these - but as it's very thin board it bends/bows on the wall. The wooden frame around the edge does keep it straight though.

Speedlink SL-8691-SBK-01 Spes Clip-On Microphone - Black
Speedlink SL-8691-SBK-01 Spes Clip-On Microphone - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 17 Feb. 2015
Cheap, but works. Picks up background noise - so needs a very still environment.

[Upgraded Version] VicTsing
[Upgraded Version] VicTsing

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by everyone!, 17 Feb. 2015
Bought a number of these as presents - universally loved!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Great reviews - but - had to return two items, 17 Feb. 2015
15/2/15 - Bought two of these for my girls for Christmas after reading all the positive reviews. I just asked my oldest daughter what she wanted for her birthday - she said a working bluetooth speaker (it's now Feb). On asking what the problem was she said that it works most of the time with her phone (a Samsung) but keeps cutting out when using her laptop (to watch films). I asked my other daughter to find out her experience and she told me the exact same story (iphone, different laptop). Needless to say, contacted Amazon support who thankfully said I could return. What a shame!

16/3/15 - After leaving this review Aukey contacted me offering to provide a full refund - which is great as it's now 3 months later. They asked me to delete or change my review - so I'm adding to it and bumped it up from 2 stars to 3 stars simply for offering excellent customer service. Doesn't change the fact that the speakers still cut out when watching films though :(
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2015 10:21 AM GMT

1.8M Mini Display Port DP to HDMI Cable Adapter For iMac MacBook Pro Air LCD TV | Thunderbolt Compatible
Offered by ForPower(aLLreli TM)

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended., 21 Jan. 2015
Works as promised. Seems well designed, clean, recommended.

Million Dollar Consulting
Million Dollar Consulting
by Alan Weiss

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any self employed consultant, 17 Sept. 2013
A great book. Don't be put off by stereotypes, racism, the fact that he's a self promoter. Alan has a gift for communication and clear thinking. He distils his approach in this book. Worth far more than the cost. If you actively sell yourself or your service, buy, read and put into practice this book.

Cabin Max Flight Bag and Digital Luggage Scale set
Cabin Max Flight Bag and Digital Luggage Scale set

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, great customer service, quality issues, 17 Sept. 2013
I used this bag to travel across America along with a suitcase.

It packs in a good amount, surprising amount actually, but I didn't need all the space as I had more than enough in my suitcase.

The scales stopped working after two attempts.

I travelled a fair amount over the summer (5 weeks). Although the bag still looks good the top zip broke, and the material came loose in the corner (about an inch hole).

I took photos on my return and have been given a full refund. And I've been promised a free set of scales too.

So, in summary, great customer service, cheap scales (but what can you expect at this price), and a bag which won't do lots of tavelling. But the for the price, can't complain.

So four stars because of low price, great service and a great, if ultimately poor quality, bag. The scales were a bonus, even if they didn't work. ;) Though as I say they have promised to send out another set.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5