Profile for Sparky > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Buff Multi Functional Head Wear - Mosaic Skull
Buff Multi Functional Head Wear - Mosaic Skull

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice - but children's size, 28 Jan. 2015
Very nice, but not clear from the description that it is a child's size. Take heed of the reviews.

ECCO Women's Crisp Zip Boots, Black, 4 UK
ECCO Women's Crisp Zip Boots, Black, 4 UK
Offered by Schuhe24

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and light, 27 Jan. 2015
I have the 'Starbuck' Ecco ladies boots as well, which are essentially the lace up version of these, so I had some idea of what to expect. These are just as comfortable and the soles are sufficiently rigid and grippy when I ride my bike. However, they are looser at then ankle area - depends on how big your ankles are I guess - so whereas with the laced version, you can tighten them, once these are zipped up, that is it. On the first wear, with thinner socks, the right hand boot rubbed at the back of the heel, since without the extra tightening of laces, the foot moved. However, now I wear thicker socks with them, and they no longer rub. I have reasonably wide feet, and these fit well across the front. They are very light, but still pretty warm with the Goretex lining. I am leaving the house on my bike at 07:00 in the morning when it has been -5 sometimes, and my feet are not cold.

RSP Messon 5 LED Rear Light - Black, 10.5 x 2 x 2.5 cm
RSP Messon 5 LED Rear Light - Black, 10.5 x 2 x 2.5 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely fit on Ladies Brooks B-17, 30 Sept. 2014
Thanks to everyone that responded to help me open this darn thing and get the batteries in! I have now mounted this to the rear of my Ladies Brooks B17-S saddle. Because this saddle is wider at the rear, the saddle rails are too far apart for most saddle rail mounts that come with other lights.

The measurements of this light, being nice and wide in itself, mean that it sits neatly under the saddle in between the saddle bag loops, and secures tightly but not over stretched to the saddle rails. If you are attempting this, secure it with the plastic tags facing downwards, otherwise there is not enough room to get your fingers in to secure the silicon loop.

Lakeland Fridge Magnet Imperial & Metric Measurement Converters x 2
Lakeland Fridge Magnet Imperial & Metric Measurement Converters x 2
Offered by sd_enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, I have these on the side of my ..., 25 July 2014
Brilliant, I have these on the side of my fridge and refer to the oven temperatures particularly frequently as I use a lot of US recipes which are all electric and I have a gas oven.

Merrell Women's Emery Hoodie - Black, Large
Merrell Women's Emery Hoodie - Black, Large

3.0 out of 5 stars nice quality, but I had to send it back ..., 25 July 2014
This is quite a thick fabric, nice quality, but I had to send it back for a medium as I followed the Merrell size chart and ordered a Large for a 12/14, but had loads of excess fabric.

Toofypegs Crown and Filling Replacement
Toofypegs Crown and Filling Replacement

5.0 out of 5 stars When I went to the dentist she was amazed what a good job I had done with it ..., 25 July 2014
This worked really well for me to temporarily fix a crown back until I could get to the dentist. When I went to the dentist she was amazed what a good job I had done with it and had to work hard to get it off. I wasn't in any pain so the dentist appointment was 3 weeks after I stuck it back on.

You do have to work quickly, but if you follow the instructions precisely, you should be okay. Make sure you have everything prepared before you start.

Kiwi Women's Pro Stretch Shorts
Kiwi Women's Pro Stretch Shorts
Price: £14.56 - £51.96

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 is a better fit. The 12 threaten to give me builders ..., 25 July 2014
Originally bought these in a 12, but they are a very generous fit. Kept them, but ordered a 10. 10 is a better fit. The 12 threaten to give me builders b*m and sag at the waist (though there are belt loops if you need them). However, because of the stretch in the fabric, a 10 is fine, and stretches nicely at the leg when I am on my bicycle.

I got soaked through in these a couple of weeks back on the way to the train station; it was one of those horrid humid storms where it is too hot to wear waterproofs - and I got on the train completely soaked. 30 minutes later, when I got off, the shorts were completely dry. So these would definitely be good for the outdoor wear they are designed for.

If you have the closer fit, by the time they are on you won't have to iron them either. As below with drying quickly after getting rained on, this also means they dry quickly when you wash them. Would be ideal for minimal packing for holiday and rewashing them a few times.

BaByliss 2860BAU Pro 200 Nano Mini Straightener Pink
BaByliss 2860BAU Pro 200 Nano Mini Straightener Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for top ups at work, 26 Jun. 2014
I keep these in my cupboard at work to smooth over any frizz left after taking off my bicycle helmet. I have a short bob and they are ideal for smoothing over and tidying up. The nice long cord means I can plug them under my desk on the floor extension cord and still stand up in front of a small mirror.

Quick and Easy Vegan Slow Cooking (Quick & Easy)
Quick and Easy Vegan Slow Cooking (Quick & Easy)
by Carla Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best cookbook I own, 4 Mar. 2014
And I have loads.

My husband bought this off my wish list at Christmas, and we use recipes from it at least twice a week, if not more. I haven't found too many recipes that we like that require too much pre-cooking, just one (Cauliflower and Cashew Korma), which requires sealing the onion with the curry spices before chucking in the slow cooker with the sauce (needs overnight soaking of cashews), This recipe alone is so delicious the book is almost worth it just for that one recipe.

Quite a few recipes require overnight soaking of dried beans but any vegan recipe book will require that and if you are organised and a reasonably commited vegan or vegetarian you are probably used to that idea anyway.

The Lentil Spag-Bol sauce was also lovely and could have been easily made without the smoked paprika and liquid smoke, though these did give a really nice taste to it. We have frozen some for future use. Many of the recipes freeze easily and the quantities are generally enough for 4, 6 if you have additional sides.

I'm lucky being based in London that I can pick up the more esoteric ingredients in Whole Foods Market or Chinatown, but most are available online. That is a general vegan cookbook thing, not specific to this book, as the vegan movement as a whole appears more mature in the USA and the majority of books are written for the US market.

FAST Shampoo and Conditioner NEW SLS Sulfate & PARABEN FREE 300ML SET
FAST Shampoo and Conditioner NEW SLS Sulfate & PARABEN FREE 300ML SET
Offered by Body4Real

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be working for me but everyone will be different, 3 Mar. 2014
I am trying to grow out a pixie cut, which I have done unsuccessfully many times (and usually end up chopping it all off again).

I have been using the FAST shampoo and conditioner for a week now, after buying them in Boots.

I would say my hair has grown approximately 1/4 inch over the ears in that first week, which is more than it usually would. It is noticeable.

I don't usually wash twice as instructed as my hair is still short, but accidentally washed twice at the weekend (I wash every day anyway) as I got the bottles confused, and didn't condition that day. My hair was okay, but not as soft. With the conditioner, it feels lovely and blow drys well. Personally I like the smell - clean, and slightly herbal, but probably not to everyone's taste.

Whether it promotes growth or not remains to be seen over a longer period, but it makes my hair much fuller and softer, so it may be an optical illusion from that. I will continue using it as it seems to agree with my hair and scalp, and will see where we stand at the end of the bottles.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10