Profile for Sparky > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Icebreaker Women's Sprite Racer Back Sports Bra - Black/Panther, Medium
Icebreaker Women's Sprite Racer Back Sports Bra - Black/Panther, Medium
Offered by husky-outdoor-store

4.0 out of 5 stars I also have not worn a racerback before so the shape where it comes in between the shoulder blades feels a bit odd and it means, 2 Mar. 2016
Just wearing around the house at the moment. Feels comfy in Size M for a 34D cup, not hugely supportive but enough for me. Plan to wear when cycling to work, to help with sweat absorption a bit, as have recently converted to Merino for a lot of my tops and am finding that I am not suffering from armpit smell at the end of the day anything as much.

The back is really high, on me it comes to just below the knobbly bone at the top of the spine where the neck starts. I also have not worn a racerback before so the shape where it comes in between the shoulder blades feels a bit odd and it means the straps are closer to the neck but it does have the advantage of making me more aware of my posture - which might be a good thing when I am stuck behind a desk at work!

Skopes Womens/Ladies Chloe Work Suit Jacket (12/P) (Black)
Skopes Womens/Ladies Chloe Work Suit Jacket (12/P) (Black)
Offered by BWSUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but a boxier and slightly loser style compared to ..., 18 Jan. 2016
Very nice but a boxier and slightly loser style compared to the Danielle jacket, which isn't shown terribly well in the picture.

Buff Merino Wool Multi Functional Headwear - Red
Buff Merino Wool Multi Functional Headwear - Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and warm but goes a bit baggy on me., 18 Jan. 2016
It is pretty warm being merino wool but as a relatively small woman, I wonder whether I should have tried the kids size version of this. With standard buffs, they are a little baggy on the neck, but not as much as this is. They don't seem to do a merino ladies version - on the normal buffs they have a ladies slim fit which I find ideal.

If you are quite thick in the neck or intend to put it up it is probably fine. I can't pull up over face anyway, as it steams up my glasses, as do all buffs.

AGU 950385 Women's SEQ Rain Coat / Waterproof Jacket 5 Sizes Black - M
AGU 950385 Women's SEQ Rain Coat / Waterproof Jacket 5 Sizes Black - M

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely keeps you nice and dry, but a few gremlins!, 28 Oct. 2015
Used the coat for the first time this morning. Definitely kept me dry though my knees were slightly damp. I am 5ft 2 and standing up the coat reaches to knees but would be above knee on a taller woman. The section at the sides that opens up to form an extended cape to cover the handlebars is nice, but unfortunately isn't terribly practical in the UK where we don't have segregated cycle lanes, since it slightly restricts access to the brakes. In London traffic, you need to keep them covered at all times! The standard full shape is flattering - a size Medium is a close but tailored fit on bust and waist for a size 12-14 - I am 38 bust 30 waist. Not much room for layers underneath - thin layers only. You would need to go up a size for thicker layers. I wish the hood had more adjustment - there is no drawstring so nothing to keep it there in the event of a gust of wind.

HALO PROACTIVE SPORTS WASH LIQUID 1 LITRE
HALO PROACTIVE SPORTS WASH LIQUID 1 LITRE

5.0 out of 5 stars Made such a difference to my sports tops in removing ..., 29 Jun. 2015
Made such a difference to my sports tops in removing lingering 'body odour' from armpit regions. Lovely fresh and clean, but not overpowering, smell left on clothes. Quite strong smell from the bottle, but only the fresh smell lingers.

Skechers Breathe Easy Carefree, Women Low-Top Sneakers, Black (Black), 4 UK (37 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars but I love these. Am absolutely wearing them to death this ..., 29 Jun. 2015
Shoes are always very individual, but I love these. Am absolutely wearing them to death this year. I suffer from pains at the front of my foot near the ball of the foot and across the underside of the toes - the memory foam insole on these really helps. These are currently the most comfortable shoes I own. The sole is sufficiently rigid and no loose laces for riding my bicycle.

Mountain Warehouse Travel II Womens Convertible Shirt Navy 12
Mountain Warehouse Travel II Womens Convertible Shirt Navy 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice lightweight polyester, 29 Jun. 2015
Very nice lightweight polyester, washes and dries well. I am a large 12 and the 12 fit me well - quite generous sizing. Wore this in 26 degree heat, surprisingly cool for a man made fabric, in the morning when it was cooler I wore the sleeves down and later on I rolled them up to elbow length and secured them with the tab and button. The generous sizing helped as I wore this riding to work on my bicycle and found I was actually cooler than with a traditional cycle jersey, possibly as it is a bit looser fit (i.e. not skin tight). Also I look a bit smarter when I walk into work. Would buy again in same colour, not keen on the beige but that is just me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2015 8:43 AM BST

VR46 Valentino Rossi MotoGP Polo T-Shirt Blue L
VR46 Valentino Rossi MotoGP Polo T-Shirt Blue L

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality shirt, 17 Feb. 2015
Very good quality, hubby loved it.

Ecco Ecco Alona, Women Slip On, Black (Black/Black 53960), 4 UK (37 EU)
Ecco Ecco Alona, Women Slip On, Black (Black/Black 53960), 4 UK (37 EU)
Offered by SELECT ELITE

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice - but very narrow compared to other Ecco shoes, 17 Feb. 2015
These were very nice quality and looked great but unfortunately they came up a lot narrower than my other Ecco shoes, so I had to return them, The hunt for a decent looking wide fit slip on casual shoe continues.

GIZZY® Mens Thinsulate Open Face Balaclava Hat (Black)
GIZZY® Mens Thinsulate Open Face Balaclava Hat (Black)
Offered by Top Brand Cosmetics UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars On me it is pretty much like the picture on the mannequin, 12 Feb. 2015
Fits well, not really tight though. I am a lady with a medium size head, this would be tighter on a larger man's head, but would probably still fit. On me it is pretty much like the picture on the mannequin, comes down nicely over forehead. something I found couldn't be achieved properly by making a balaclava out of my Buff. Also comes down onto top of shoulders like the picture.

Nice thick acrylic knit, with a peach colour cotton-like lining, assume the Thinsulate fleece is in between. This does mean the cotton lining moves independently from the knit cover, but it doesn't seem to cause a problem. If you have hair, it will make it very static when you take it off.

I'm not sure I could wear a helmet over this very well, you'd want the thinner type for that. Possibly might work if you had a larger head and the balaclava was stretched tighter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10