Profile for Bas Q > Reviews

Content by Bas Q

Bas Q

Page: 1 | 2
See Them Die (87th Precinct)
See Them Die (87th Precinct)

2.0 out of 5 stars Some books in this series are quite good. This is not one of them., 31 Oct. 2016
I found it quite tedious and couldn't manage to finish it. Started off OK but descended into a rambling storyline and in the end I didn't care what happened to the characters.

Blood Axe (DS Ian Peterson Murder Investigation)
Blood Axe (DS Ian Peterson Murder Investigation)

3.0 out of 5 stars For me the book doesn't gel., 29 Oct. 2016
I have quite enjoyed reading other books in this series but somehow this story did not quite ring true for me and I am sorry to say that I just did not care for it.

Lady Killer (87th Precinct)
Lady Killer (87th Precinct)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story with a clever plot., 7 Oct. 2016
A police procedural with a clever plot set in the states, and with a tight storyline. Less of the waffle that has afflicted some of the other stories in the series.

The Swiss Spy
The Swiss Spy

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 4 July 2016
This review is from: The Swiss Spy (Kindle Edition)
I found the story gripped me and I wanted to know what happened to the characters. The story was very well researched and to me the storyline quite believable especially the cynical behaviour of the spymasters.

Closure: Jack Randall #1
Closure: Jack Randall #1

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!! Well researched, thought-provoking, unputdownable., 16 Jan. 2015
A really excellent read. The characters and storyline are believable and you can empathise with both sides. Not the usual good guys versus bad guys but truly thought-provoking. Well researched and very well written.

One Degree North: An Action Thriller
One Degree North: An Action Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 18 Dec. 2014
I enjoyed reading this book. Based on a mixture of historical facts and the author's experience growing up in Singapore it shows life in Singapore in the 1960s as it might have been with espionage, intrigue and guerrilla fighting. A fast moving exciting novel.

Murder at the Art & Craft Fair (Book 6 Dekker Cozy Mystery Series)
Murder at the Art & Craft Fair (Book 6 Dekker Cozy Mystery Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars The quirky humour is not for me., 3 July 2014
Sorry, but the quirky humour just got too much in the end and I couldn't even finish it. Some readers might love it but it's not for me.

JET - Ops Files
JET - Ops Files

5.0 out of 5 stars I was quite surprised, it's very good., 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: JET - Ops Files (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this action thriller. The heroine, if you can call her that, goes through life scattering bodies of the baddies in all directions. But somehow the violence is acceptable. She's a bit like a female version of James Bond but less self satisfied and smarmy. A nicer character really.

Murder on the Isle of Capri, Italy (Ryan-Hunter Series Book 4)
Murder on the Isle of Capri, Italy (Ryan-Hunter Series Book 4)

1.0 out of 5 stars I found it not worth reading, 25 Jun. 2014
I did manage to finish it but only just. The plot, storyline, characters all seemed quite unbelievable and trivialized. Even the locations seem trivialized.

Chameleon: A City of London Thriller
Chameleon: A City of London Thriller

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good read but rather far fetched., 4 Jun. 2014
I read this book through to the end because I really wanted to know how it all turned out! So yes it is a gripping story, but I found the characters and storyline quite unbelievable, and even more so as it reaches its conclusion.

Page: 1 | 2