Profile for Cozzy > Reviews

Cozzy (Bury, Lanc.)

Nest Learning Thermostat, 3rd Generation
Nest Learning Thermostat, 3rd Generation

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it do it well, 18 Dec. 2016
If you need to update your heating system this will impress you. No need to have a thermostat on a wall somewhere useless, we have ours on a coffee table in the lounge and when we walk past it, it wakes up (motion sensors) and tells us the temp of the room and whether the boiler is on or off (background goes orange or black). We bought this to replace a faulty LM722 programmer and underestimated the leap in technology that's happened while we weren't watching. Installing was simpler than expected (as long as your happy dealing with heating schematic) and we ended up with fewer wires than we started with. Our 3 port mid-position valve and terminal connections are upstairs in the hot water cylinder cupboard and it was easy to fasten the 'heat link' above the old connector box and transfer the cables to it. The old programmer was located downstairs in the kitchen. The backplate was removed from the wall and the live and neutral feed from the boiler were retained and terminal blocks used to pass power up to the 'heat link'. All the other wires from the old programmer were obsolete. The 'heat link' has one button on it. This lets you switch it all on manually or switch everything off, useful while getting used to it's learning mode.

So what problems do I have so far -- I've only had this a short time and am trying to understand it a bit better. Unlike a standard programmer it can vary the heating ad nauseam. I'd like to change the minimum temperature in the schedule to either be 'off' or down to say 3 or 4 degrees. At the moment I have only been able to set it to a minimum of 9 degrees but I don't really want it to come on at night just because its hit 9 degrees. It has already started to predict how long it will take to get to temperature based on the current temperature and the weather outside (yes it knows if it's cold and raining or even snowing!!) but I only want it to start at a particular time so for the time being while I figure it out, I switch it off then switch it back on when I'm on my way home (by phone).

Since installing this I've learnt that there are variety of other things that link with this thermostat like cameras and lights so I'll be investigating these further and as a final comment, the unit has a feature that tells you how long the heating was on for yesterday. Quite scary, it means you can actually see the effect of reducing one degree.

Patlock Instant French Door and Conservatory Security Lock
Patlock Instant French Door and Conservatory Security Lock
Offered by Security Hardware Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 6 Jun. 2016
Easy to fit and use. Adds as a visible deterrent and prevents handles from being forced. Thought it was a bit expensive but when compared with other products this is the best there is.

DOVE ORIGINAL deo cream 50 ml
DOVE ORIGINAL deo cream 50 ml
Offered by Zu Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 25 Sept. 2014
Getting very difficult to find in supermarkets. Non-sticky and works extremely well. Easy to use, soft to touch under arm, unlike those horrible rectangular ones that scratch from the sharp plastic edges. Worked out cheaper than supermarkets.

Adobe Fireworks CS4: Classroom in a Book : The Official Training Workbook from Adobe Systems (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
by Adobe Creative Team

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, 6 July 2013
Easy to dip into the parts you want. Don't need to read it in order if you don't need to.

Walking in the Bavarian Alps: 85 Mountain Walks and Treks (Mountain Walking) (Cicerone Guide)
by Grant Bourne

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't really want to tell you., 6 July 2013
True, I'm not sure I want to advertise the fact that I love Bavaria. Before you know it everyone will want to go. There is just an unbelievable amount to do it takes years of visits to fit it all in. The book comes in handy too. Great range of walks/hikes for all abilities / distances / times. I love these books to be able to savour the walks by reading about them before we arrive as well as keeping them close on the walks. I have found many paths that I would not have discovered without them. I also like to go to some of the most challenging routes although I am old and sensible enough to know when to turn back when it gets too scary.

Walking in Slovenia: The Karavanke (Cicerone Walking Guide) (Cicerone Guides)
Walking in Slovenia: The Karavanke (Cicerone Walking Guide) (Cicerone Guides)
by Justi Carey

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to carry, 6 July 2013
Great range of walks/hikes for all abilities / distances / times. I love these books to be able to savour the walks by reading about them before we arrive as well as keeping them close on the walks. I have found many paths that I would not have discovered without it. I also like to go to some of the most challenging routes although I am old and sensible enough to know when to turn back when it gets too scary. I always try to get one of these books wherever I go.