Profile for Jonny123 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Blame
The Blame

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable Jeff!!, 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Blame (Kindle Edition)
Fantastically written, suspenseful keeps you turning the pages frantically. For a début novel the future is bright for Mr Nolan. Loved it, anyone interested Irish paramilitary history and crime drama get on this. Characters come to life, I was all over Belfast with Donal. Great book, great read.

Monster Busters: Match 3 Puzzle
Monster Busters: Match 3 Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 24 Feb. 2014
Most addictive game ever better than candy crush. Can't put it down. Specimen it to anyone trying to alleviate a few hours o boredom.

Tenacious D Green Functional Pick 6 Pcs Medium
Tenacious D Green Functional Pick 6 Pcs Medium
Offered by Dirty Riffs Guitar Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Delivered the wrong picks!!!, 11 Sept. 2013
Ordered these for a friends birthday as POD is our favorite film and thought it would be a great novelty gift idea. Needless to say I was furious when the picks came and they were ernie bell picks nothing even similar to the pick of destiny. It may seem trivial but my friend is only home for 2 days and by the time I return to get the correct item he will be gone again. Im sure it was a simple human error that led to the mistake however it wrecks my gift idea.

War Horse
War Horse

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, 11 Sept. 2012
This review is from: War Horse (Kindle Edition)
Touching, inspiring, emotional and excellent. It is just an awesome tale. Intelligently written and accessible to all age groups. Its true family book, you could have three generations of the same family reading and enjoying this book. I know I'll be passing it down to the younger generation of my family. Loved it.

The Godfather
The Godfather
by Mario Puzo

5.0 out of 5 stars Insane how good this is., 18 May 2012
This review is from: The Godfather (Paperback)
I'd been itching to watch the films for ages and decided I'd read the book first of all. I'm glad I did. Without a doubt this is a masterpiece of epic proportions. Take a bow Mario Puzo. I've grew up seeing this Don Corleone as a cultural icon and never really understanding why. I get it now. Without a shadow of a doubt one of the greatest characters ever created.

"What manner of men are we then, if we do not have reason. We are all no better than beasts in the jungle if that were the case."

Enough said. I'll read this book until the pages fall out. Absolutley Awesome!!!

Decision Points
Decision Points

4.0 out of 5 stars Its an opinion changer., 16 May 2012
This review is from: Decision Points (Kindle Edition)
I am not American first and foremost. So I approached this book with little knowledge of George W. Bush other than the seemingly stupid cowboy potrayed on the various news channels doing something like practising his golf swing or struggling to open doors. I got the book to see how the man not the president handled 9/11 and the other harsh things he faced in his tenure at the white house. Needless to say that respect and George Bush coupled in the same sentence is something that I thought I never could have said there it is. I have an incredible amount of respect for him. He may not be remembered as an elder statesman or the sage of his generation, after all he was the man that gave us; "I believe fish and humans can co exist peacefully," but the turmoil he faced and how he handled it commands respect. Aside from the obvious seriousness that comes with being the leader of the free world I think he also injected a bit of humour into his role. Needed as we live in an all to serious world. He won't go down in history with Lincoln, Washington, Roosevelt etc. but he handled what was presented in front of him as best he could.

He's not nearly as stupid as he makes us all believe. Anyone interested in politics/ history/ America should give this a go. Leave your own political ideas at the door and approach it with an open mind and you'll find a thoroughly enjoyable read.

Altar of Bones
Altar of Bones
by Philip Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars Really really enjoyable., 4 May 2012
This review is from: Altar of Bones (Hardcover)
At lot of the reviews I've read I don't understand, yes the book was far fetched in parts and it is unrealistic, but isn't that the beauty of imagination? It seems that people criticize an author for making a making a work of fiction....a work of fiction.

All in all this book was excellent, yes we know its far fetched but the way JFK, Monroe, Rasputin tied in was I thought fantastic. It had me gripped cover to cover.
Fair enough it was repetitive in parts but all in all the "bones" of the story were gripping. Easily one of the better books I've read in this genre.

Don't listen to the nay sayers give it a go its worth it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2013 6:34 PM BST

The Jefferson Key: Book 7 (Cotton Malone)
The Jefferson Key: Book 7 (Cotton Malone)
by Steve Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read., 26 April 2012
First Berry Novel I've read and judging by other reviews if this isn't his best work I'm very excited. Interesting historical fact twisted together with a very compelling storyline. Just as good as the various Brad Meltzer books I've read and strong enough to make Dan Brown wet himself. Give it a go.

Heartbreak & Triumph
Heartbreak & Triumph

3.0 out of 5 stars Bittersweet chin music., 8 Mar. 2012
This book for me was bittersweet, I did the right thing in reading it straight after I read Bret Harts and to be honest Harts book is the much better of the two. I don't feel that Shawn went into enough detail and it seems as if he released the book much too early, having a behind the scenes insight to the Flair and Taker Mania matches would have been golden.

It felt as if Vince may have had a lot of control in what was said in this book also.

All in all its a decent read although he does paint a spoilt brat image of himself in the book and any serious HBK fans may have slightly altered opinions of their hero after reading as I was.

It doesnt take away from the legend of the character of the ring preformer in Shawn Michaels though and I would recommend any wrestling fan to give this a go.

Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling
Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best there Is? Maybe not but one helluva read., 5 Mar. 2012
I just missed Brets career in WWE as I got really into it just after the screwjob. I bought this book out of general interest to hear his side of the story as I only ever really seen fleeting glimpses or titbits from Vince, Shawn and the WWE.

I glad I did buy it as it is a fantastic account of the trails and tribulations of a professional wrestler and the sheer commitment they have to have to the industry they represent.

I do think that Bret comes across very egotistical in the book however and he never seems to be able to accept blame for things he has done (the constat lax attitude to his infedelities for example).

However I do understand the hype about the guy he was an unbelievable talented dude and the book is a really sensational and in depth look to an otherwise secretive world of the behind the scenes of professional wrestling.

As he recounts Owens death it would provoke emotion from the hardest of man, and he did change my opinion of HBK a bit, such as his account of when he dropped the title to him at Mania after the Iron Man match and Shawn telling him to get the **** out of the ring.

After a while it did seem as if he was whining alot and he really did not pull any punches about putting down some of the biggest names in the business (Flair and Hogan to name a few). But there is no doubt that the latter years of his career were hard and he came through alot in a short space of time (screwjob, owens death, career ending injury, stroke, divorce). All in all its one helluva story.

Any wrestling fan or even fan of biographies I would recommend this book to. Its a fantastic read. In my opinion he might not be, but this book definately is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be when it comes to wrestling biographies.

I read Shawn Michaels straight afterwards and it didn't even come close Harts.

BUY IT!!.