Profile for Dave Bowles > Reviews

Content by Dave Bowles

Dave Bowles

Ave Maris Stella, Magnificat (Nichols, Bourne, Pryce)
Ave Maris Stella, Magnificat (Nichols, Bourne, Pryce)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 Feb. 2016
Excellent

Franck:Seven Last Words [Domkapellmeister Karsten Storck, Mainzer Domchor; Mainzer Domorchester; Daniel Beckmann] [RONDEAU PRODUCTION: ROP6110]

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Jan. 2016
Brilliant!

GCSE Maths - The Modular Course Revised Edition
GCSE Maths - The Modular Course Revised Edition
by David Bowles

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Oct. 2014
Brilliant!

Karl Jenkins: The Peacemakers (Digipack)
Karl Jenkins: The Peacemakers (Digipack)

3.0 out of 5 stars The Peacemakers, 20 April 2012
I would have liked to have given three and a half stars but couldn't.
Being an MD of two Choral Societies I have conducted both his Armed Man and Stabat Mater.
Personally I found the latter more inspiring than the former.
The Peacemakers - although, clearly, I haven't had a chance to conduct yet, is an interesting work - very typically Jenkins - but not with quite the same expanse of melodies and harmonies that the other two have.
It seems to me to be a little "bitty" in parts with a lot of "optional" extras a choir might, or might not, either want to or be able to incorporate.
I'm sure I will conduct it some time in the future since one of my choirs loves singing Jenkin's music and then, perhaps, when I have had a chance to learn it thoroughly it might grow on me and become as wonderful as the other two of his works.

Philips PowerTouch Plus PT870cc Dual Precision Rechargeable Electric Shaver with Clean and Charge System

5.0 out of 5 stars Philishave review, 28 Feb. 2012
I always had a Philishave but, two years ago, bought a Panasonic shaver. I have to say that, good though Panasonic products usually are, the shaver wasn't a patch on the Philishave. My new Philishave is terrific.
Philips PowerTouch PT720 Rechargeable Electric Shaver