Profile for Mr P. > Reviews

Content by Mr P.

Mr P.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Huawei Honor 7 (Android 5.0) Case , Fyy® [Vibrant Series] Lightweight 2 in 1 Hybrid Dual Layer (Plastic Hard Shell and Flexible TPU) Protective Case for Huawei Honor 7 (Android 5.0) Gold & Black
Offered by FYY EU Tech

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality external paint finish. Avoid., 8 Aug. 2016
This fits the honor 7 fine and does its job well as a protective case. However this case has a very poor external paint job that scuffs and chips easily. I opted for the gold colour and there are now large areas of exposed clear plastic showing. I am an office based man and my phone spends most of its time in my pocket (alone) or out on the table. It does not come into contact with anything that may cause damage yet it has a significant amount of paint loss all over from everyday use. I would dread to think how bad the phone would now look if it was stored in a handbag rubbing against other items, or kept in a pocket with loose change or keys. After just a few months of use I will be changing this cover, not because of its lack of functionality, but because of its now poor cosmetic appearance.

CAR ROVER® Car Rear View Backup CCD Camera for VW Magotan(With Relay), VW Superb, VW Polo(Hatchback), VW Golf, VW Bora, VW Bora 2011, VW Jetta, VW Passat, CC, Import, VW Lacrosse 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value!, 8 Aug. 2016
Comparable with 2007 Passat. Sharp, colour picture and easy installation if you have basic wiring skills and tools. Obviously you will require a compatible head unit with a reverse camera input to be able to use this.

Suicide Squad: The Album
Suicide Squad: The Album

4.0 out of 5 stars READ the track list BEFORE buying!, 8 Aug. 2016
I like this album, it captures the essence of the film and it contains most of the key tracks. However it is also missing A LOT of the music featured in the film and the adverts (House of the Rising Sun, Ballroom Blitz etc) which is a real shame as Suicide Squad has a very good soundtrack which is on par with "Guardians of the Galaxy". Watch the film, see if you like the music for yourself, but check the track listing carefully before buying as you may be disappointed should your favourite song not be featured. Shamefully this album is "beefed up" with approximately 5 tracks that don't even feature in the film, which makes the missing tracks even more hard to swallow.

Still, its worth adding to your collection and I'm happy I bought it. You should be able to find most of the missing songs elsewhere online or on other CDs so you can have a more complete collection with a little extra work.

Buy and enjoy Puddin'.

Dc Comics Bombshells Statue Holiday Harley Quinn
Dc Comics Bombshells Statue Holiday Harley Quinn

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely piece let down by sloppy finish!, 8 July 2016
I appreciate these are hand finished items but I have noticed a distinct quality difference in these figures recently. Sloppy paint and rough edges are abundant when closely inspected. The item still displays fine from a distance though.

Tefal TT550015 Toast N Egg Two Slice Toaster and Egg Maker, 1200 W
Tefal TT550015 Toast N Egg Two Slice Toaster and Egg Maker, 1200 W

1.0 out of 5 stars Unforgivable., 8 July 2016
In today's modern world I was of the understanding that we had mastered the creation of the toaster. It's not a challenging piece of equipment to get right...or so I thought!

Forget the egg side of things for a moment...THIS TOASTER DOES NOT TAKE A STANDARD SIZED PIECE OF BREAD. Foolishly I purchased this item based on its praise but neglected to read the negative comments which have stated this fact several times.

It's clear the designers have done this deliberately in order to make a smaller kitchen top friendly size footprint. However due to the smaller slot you can only expect 2/3 to 3/4 of the bread to be toasted. I have attempted toasting the bread sideways but this doesn't improve things, I have changed my bread choice and size (really shouldn't be having to do this!!!) but again there is the same problem.

You could say this is a "first world problem" but to that I say "why buy a toaster that doesn't fully toast bread?" There are so many others to choose from!

In-Mirror Turn Signal Light for VW Jetta MK5 Passat B6 05-10 Right And Left
In-Mirror Turn Signal Light for VW Jetta MK5 Passat B6 05-10 Right And Left
Offered by dengdengzhu

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement part!, 7 July 2016
This fits the VW Passat B6 perfectly. Quality is almost identical to the original VW part, less the VW stamp of course!

Russell Hobbs Black Flatbed Microwave, 23 Litre, 800 Watt, Black
Russell Hobbs Black Flatbed Microwave, 23 Litre, 800 Watt, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Another LED fault!, 27 Jun. 2016
Worked fine but just outside of the 1 year warranty the LED display failed and it is now unreadable. I will have to buy another microwave as I don't want to take a chance on cooking for the incorrect time.

It's worth noting other reviewers have had the same issue after a similar time period. I really wouldn't recommend this item as clearly there is a significant fault with the LED display and because its out of warranty there is nothing we can do.

However to be fair to the microwave, prior to this issue it worked fine and the flat base for cleaning is a clever idea.

KKmoon 7 Inch HD Digital Touch Screen Car DVD Player Car HD Radio Car PC Stereo Head Unit GPS Navigation Bluetooth Multimedia for VW Volkswagen SAGITAR JETT PASSAT CC SKODA+ Free Map +Free Card
Offered by Feeego

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything you could want...and more!, 25 April 2016
Wow!

After returning a faulty model from another brand costing twice as much, i took a chance and ordered this for my 2009 VW Tiguan.
It seemed too good to be true, costing just under £140 and promising to deliver so many features...but I assure you the promises were kept.

Simple to install if you have a basic knowledge of car radio installation and car trim removal, it took me no longer than 30 minutes to have this installed (alhough allow more time if adding your own reverse camera...again not hard but time consuming!) After 30 minutes I had working radio, cd, dvd, Bluetooth, iPod connection and sat nav (along with other less interesting featutes). It paired seamlessly with my Honor 7 mobile and the bluetooth sound quality is great.
The unit also surprised me with some features I didn't know it had, like a basic ODB function showing engine oil temp, handbrake position etc. It also interacted with the CANBUS system to tell me when a door was open and best of all....my steering wheel controls (volume and phone) worked with the unit too.
For those interested, the buttons light up in red (this wasn't obvious in the advert) matching the VW colour scheme well, my reverse camera came from amazon and cost approximately £15. The screen wallpaper and startup logos can be changed to various preinstalled VW themes, or you can select your own pictures.
I could go on, but needless to say it really does do as promised and for the price there is no excuse for not having this in your car. I am so impressed that I have ordered another unit go into our second car, a 2007 VW Passat.

Buy one, you won't be disappointed.

This Is What the Truth Feels Like (Deluxe)
This Is What the Truth Feels Like (Deluxe)

2.0 out of 5 stars No doubt this is pretty average., 22 Mar. 2016
I'm a huge Gwen fan, I've bought previous albums and attended concerts so I was excited for the release of this CD following a long absence of Gwen in the music world.
I was bitterly disappointed upon listning to the CD though as it really is an average release with no hits or memorable songs. In fact you could be forgiven for believing this CD isn't just one long track as the songs sound so similair. Don't get me wrong, its an ok CD and the songs are pretty easy going and they would suit an evening relaxing at the beach perfectly but it just didn't leave me forfilled. As I write this I struggle to even remember a song on this CD or its name and that's after my 3rd playing. Gwen has actually changed my view on buying CDs now, I've previously bought on the strength of the individual alone but in future I think I will be listening to the sample tracks very closely before I buy.
Such a shame because I genuinely like Gwen...no matter, we will always have Love.Angel.Music.Baby! :)

ChiTronic 12PCS/set Car Audio Navigation Panel Disassemble Toolkit Dashboard Removal Pry
Offered by Populars

3.0 out of 5 stars Price is right given the quality., 12 Feb. 2016
Cheap and flimsy with poor finish, however that being said they are relatively cheap and that did the job I needed them to without marking my interior.

For a one off job or infrequent use, these are perfect...if you need this for a repeated task then I suggest you spend a little more and look elsewhere.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11