Profile for J. Spybey > Reviews

Content by J. Spybey

J. Spybey "Pulcinella" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
All Is Not Lost
All Is Not Lost

5.0 out of 5 stars This is their second studio album - and is totally awesome. Full of musical and lyrical brilliance, 27 Jan. 2017
This review is from: All Is Not Lost (MP3 Download)
The Brilliance are the band that made me see that Christian music can be awesomely creative music also. This is their second studio album - and is totally awesome. Full of musical and lyrical brilliance.

Kingston 32 GB DT101 G3 USB 3.0/2.0 Flash Drive - Red
Kingston 32 GB DT101 G3 USB 3.0/2.0 Flash Drive - Red

2.0 out of 5 stars Back up, Back Up!, 4 Jan. 2016
Delivery was quick but the item was damaged in November 2015! As I was saving my work, the usb suddenly and decided to stop working. As a result all my work was totally gone! I am not sure it is reliable.

Hard Candy Hard Shell Case for Apple 15-Inch MacBook Pro Retina, Lime (SHELL-MBPRO15-LIME)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't risk it!, 15 Feb. 2014
The delivery was quick which I have no complaint about. I bought this product based on the feedback but I was totally disappointed. The clip-on protection was good however it has no grip on the bottom. When I was using the laptop, I realised the casing was very slippery. If you happen to put it on a table, a slight knock, it could slide onto the floor. So I would suggest something of better quality. The colour was quite disappointing too.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Most unreliable seller, do not use them, 9 Dec. 2013
This seller does not deal with customers. They are rude and insult the customers. Placed an order on 30th Nov and was informed it has been despatched. Over the week, they wrote the emails to confirm they have despatched. When I told them I didn't receive it, they claimed I wasn't around to receive the item which was a lie as I work from home. Next they blamed my address was wrong. The address couldn't be wrong as we ticked the box where we want it delivered to. Until it was pushed by Amazon, they confirmed now on 9th Dec, the item was not despatched. They wanted to compensate me £5 for the stress I am under. Now my son is performing in a school play that require a white trousers and my loss of income trying to sort this issue out. Avoid them totally.

The Official Joomla! Book
The Official Joomla! Book
by Elin Waring

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful on Templates, 31 Jan. 2012
There is very little about customising templates in this book, and seeing as that was the main reason I bought it, it gets a very low rating from me. What little there is is incredibly basic. It basically tells you to search Joomla forums for more information!

Tefal GV 7250
Tefal GV 7250

1.0 out of 5 stars Good but be very very wary!, 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Tefal GV 7250 (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this iron on 12th April 2008. The functions are great and reduced ironing by at least 40%. Today (14th March 2011), the iron broke. It only lasted me less than 3 years. What is annoying is when you called Tefal customer service - to a particular lady - the services was really really really bad. You cannot expect Tefal to provide solution and they treated me like an idiot which made me very very annoyed. Throughout their conversation, they kept emphasising the warranty is only - again emphasised "only" for one year! Through their conversation, she was telling me I should expect something to go wrong after a year and I should be thankful I have it more than a year. As a result, it left a very bad taste and also made me wonder whether I should get another Tefal iron if their services are so bad. It is a shame as it is a good iron but the services and the quality of the iron are poor.

Avent Express Steam Steriliser
Avent Express Steam Steriliser

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended! Great Disappointment!, 6 May 2008
I bought the sterliser on or around 13 April. On 5th May, the sterliser broke down. It kept showing us a "U" sign indicating there wasn't sufficient water. We tried to troubleshoot according to the instructions given but it just doesn't work. Even though we put 200ml of water which is 110ml more for mode 1 to test the equipment on mode 1. Surprise - the equipment still display I didnt put sufficient water on the sterliser.

Now we are stuck with no sterliser and not sure which one to buy. My advice, this is not recommended. I am not sure where to do research as most places such as Mothercare etc, do not have any product knowledge at all. Anyone buying a sterliser, you just have to go with your instinct and hopefully it works.

Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition (3 User Licence) (PC)
Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition (3 User Licence) (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Office just gets worse, 11 Mar. 2008
Why oh why does Microsoft think we don't need proper menus anymore? The Ribbon is dreadful. I've been looking for weeks for a quick way to delete a row in Excel. It shouldn't be that hard to find - but the Ribbon is successful in making simple things very very difficult. I'm sure if you use Office ALL of the time - you would get to learn it well - but what about the rest of us who dip into Office every now and then? Office shouldn't make life hard, it should make things easier. Microsoft have been losing their way with Office since Word 4!

What I want out of an Office suite is something very simple to use & compatible with everyone else. It doesn't have to do any more than that.

Office 2007 should win awards for UNproductivity software.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2008 3:07 PM GMT

Another Setting
Another Setting

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Wonderful, 7 Dec. 2002
This review is from: Another Setting (Audio CD)
I bought this back in 1984 (I think!) based on a music paper review saying that it was a cross between Joy Division & Erik Satie. Of course, it's not really like that, though I can see where the reviewer was coming from. Anyway, I loved this album so much I gradually bought about 15 Durutti Column albums! Quite simply, this was one of the best 'blind' buys I ever purchased. And still, almost 20 years later, it still sounds fresh if somewhat minimal next to later DC offerings. But for me, this will always be the best Durutti Column album, a gorgeous mix of Vini Reilly's singing and guitar with Bruce Mitchell's awesome minimalist percussion. Quoting from Vini Reilly on a later album - this is avant-garde jazz classical. I saw them live a couple of year's later and was stunned to see that Vini plays basslines, rhythm and lead on his guitar at the same time. Beautiful. Very delicate.

GRAMMAR OF THE FILM LANGUAGE
GRAMMAR OF THE FILM LANGUAGE
by Daniel Arijon

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally the best filmmaking book there is, 24 July 2002
Whilst flawed, this is the only fully comprehensive book on how to place the camera. It gives exhaustive examples on all sorts, e.g. two person dialogue, three person conversation, four or more person , editing patterns for static dialogue scenes, screen motion, motion inside the screen, motion into and out of shot, player a moves towards player b, using master shots to cover motions on the screen, players move together, other types of motion (e.g. circular, vertical, dynamic stops), panning camera, travelling camera, cranes, zooms, action scenes, using zones of action, film punctuation. It's only flaw is that the diagrams were made by someone who sometimes prefered drawing unclothed women in totally unprovocative scenes next to clothed men. If you can get past the thing that this book is not politically correct, and you want to make films and TOTALLY want to understand camera blocking - you ABSOLUTELY cannot find a better book. This is the ONLY filmmaking book i would buy again if i lost it.

Page: 1 | 2