Profile for Mr. Matthew Cooper > Reviews

The Rough Guide to Iceland
The Rough Guide to Iceland
by David Leffman

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 1 Sept. 2011
We went to Iceland with both this and the Lonely Planet guide. I would suggest that each book has information that the other doesn't.

Rough Guide was more clearly laid out with better/larger maps. Also it seemed more readable for background information about history, Sagas and interesting facts.

I think the Lonely Planet Guide had more information overall, it's index just seemed to have more.

It really depends what you're used to.

The Night Watch: (Night Watch 1)
The Night Watch: (Night Watch 1)
by Sergei Lukyanenko

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and clever, 19 Oct. 2007
Maybe I'm easier to please than the other people that have reviewed the book on this site; but I really couldn't put it down. Translation issues have been raised, but in all honesty I think it's a very minor issue, it doesn't spoil the enjoyment of the book at all.

The stories are clever and the setting is intriguing. It's a very original take on an old subject matter and it leaves you wanting more. I read all three books in a couple of weeks and I recommend the whole trilogy to anyone that likes fantasy.