Profile for Linda S. > Reviews

Content by Linda S.

Linda S.

104 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
104 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and fun, great lateral thinking exercises, 19 Feb. 2013
104 Puzzle Quizzes HD is a book of visual (geometric, spatial, logic) puzzles. All the designs are original, and all the designs can be answered within your Kindle or other reader device. The answer is multiple-choice. A wrong answer invites you to continue trying, a right answer explains the answer.

The puzzles range in difficulty from easy and fun for the kids to try all the way up to fiendishly difficult. For instance, in the super easy category, New Triangle Frame invites us to insert the right shape into a blank space. Something my grade-schooler can do, as I've asked her to give it a try. But on the other end of the difficulty scales, Triangles in Coins asks us to count how many isosceles triangles can be formed by joining the center points of circles (coins) in an image that consists of 13 circles. Sounds easy enough.

I love these puzzles and have downloaded all of the Grabarchuk puzzle books. Once you work them, you can't work them again (you know the answers), so I'm thankful the Grabarchuks keep on producing more, and at a cost of just pennies per hours of entertainment.

104 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
104 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Fun, 16 Feb. 2013
104 Puzzle Quizzes for E-Readers is a book of visual (geometric, spatial, logic) puzzles. All the designs are original, and all the designs can be answered within your Kindle or other reader device. The answer is multiple-choice. A wrong answer invites you to continue trying, a right answer explains the answer.

I love these puzzles and have downloaded all of the Grabarchuk puzzle books. Once you work them, you can't work them again (you know the answers), so I'm thankful they keep on producing more, and at a cost of just pennies per hour of fun.

102 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
102 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful "toy" for your ereader or tablet, 16 Jan. 2013
Once again I'm attracted to these mind-twister puzzles by the Grabarchuk Family, and this new set of puzzles is no different. The format is simple: read the question and click on your answer choice. If right, your answer is validated and explained. If wrong, you're invited to try again. The HD version (102 Puzzle Quizzes HD: Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets) is colorful and crisp!

The visual puzzles are quick brain twisters, and our family enjoys working them together. The ones that are rated the easiest at 1-star are the most fun for the kids, and I like challenging them to see who can solve fastest. It's really helping them learn to think laterally!

As for me, I enjoy working on the 4-star puzzles the most (they go from 1 to 5 stars). I can lose myself in 10 minutes of counting triangles to answer the question of "How many triangles of any size and orientation can I find in the sun image?" or figuring out the next logical symbol in a series of seemingly random symbols. However, I'm perhaps too mentally pooped to spend much energy on the 5-star challenges. They are seriously challenging! If you have the kind of mind that enjoys mental calisthenics, then this is a wonderful "toy" for you to have in your online reading library.

102 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
102 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great new "toy" for your e-reader, 14 Jan. 2013
Once again I'm attracted to these mind-twister puzzles by the Grabarchuk Family. The format is simple: read the question and click on your answer choice. If right, your answer is validated and explained. If wrong, you're invited to try again.

The puzzles are quick and fun for my family to do together. Each of these visual puzzles tweaks the brain. The ones that are rated the easiest at 1-star are the most fun for the kids, and I like challenging them to see who can solve fastest. It's really helping them learn to think laterally!

101 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
101 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Deviously delightful, 10 Dec. 2012
Another great puzzle book. I have taken to using these to get my whole family involved. The visual puzzles may look easy, but range in challenge from slightly brain twisting to brain knotting. Some of the puzzles are spatial, like "Which of these shapes is different?" And some are logical reasoning. But all are perfect for the analytical thinker or the person who wants to stretch those mental muscles. My kids enjoy the easier ones, and I can pass a several minutes by myself with the more difficult ones. The HD version of 101 Puzzles Quizzes is perfect for the Tablet. The images are colorful, clear, and sharp. At the click of a button I can see the correct answer explained...or an invitation to try again if I get it wrong. Definitely worth the price, in my opinion.

101 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
101 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brain twisters for the whole family, 9 Dec. 2012
Another Grabarchuk Family puzzle book to pass the time. This latest, is full of puzzles that I use to pass the time with my kids whenever we're waiting for something...a seat at a restaurant, to see the doctor, etc. Everyone's brain gets engaged and it's an opportunity for us to play together. The "picture" puzzles are clear and sharp. The challenges range in levels from fun and easy to fun and deliciously impossible, and they always require a kind of lateral thinking! It's great for stretching the brain cells and somehow addicting! Definitely worth a few bucks in my opinion.

100 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
100 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the family, 25 Nov. 2012
A friend loaned me this book on Kindle and I must say, I was delighted. Each puzzle is a colorful, visual image with no math involved! The answers are all linked by html, so no need to be flipping to the back of the book for the answer key.

We're a puzzling family. So while waiting to be seated at a restaurant, I pulled out my phone (didn't have my Kindle with me) and pulled up this book and got the whole family involved. Everyone had to come up with their own answer before I clicked on my answer choice. The kids (10 and 12) were able to do the 1-star levels, but we all struggled with the 5-star levels!

Highly recommended for the casual puzzle fan or anyone with an analytical brain who loves figuring things out for fun.

100 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
100 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to get the family involved in something fun, 22 Nov. 2012
A friend loaned me this book on Kindle and I must say, I was delighted to see this innovative use of the Kindle platform. Linking by html to the puzzle answers is convenient (no flipping to the back of a book), and the explanation images are crystal clear. Each puzzle is a visual image with no math involved!

We're a puzzling family. So last night while waiting to be seated at a restaurant, I pulled out my phone (didn't have my Kindle with me) and pulled up this book and got the whole family involved. Everyone had to come up with their own answer before I clicked on my answer choice. The kids (10 and 12) loved the 1-star levels. But none of us could figure out the 5-star levels--at least not in the time available!