Profile for Sleepless in Stonehenge > Reviews

Content by Sleepless in S...

Sleepless in Stonehenge (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 2 days, 3 Mar. 2012
I bought this for a parents birthday and decided to set it all up for him beforehand - after two days of use the thing has just stopped working today, and it wasn't that brilliant to begin with. Don't bother buying this, been nothing but pain and heartbreak.

I now have three days to find an alternative. Distraught. Don't buy this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2012 8:26 PM GMT

FoneM8® - HTC Sensation, Sensation XE Screen Protector (PACK OF 5)
FoneM8® - HTC Sensation, Sensation XE Screen Protector (PACK OF 5)

1.0 out of 5 stars Just don't fit, 25 Feb. 2012
I bought these for my brand-spanking-new HTC sensation fresh out the box (so yes, it was clean and untouched!) and they just don't fit. I work in an IT office (full of top-of-the-line-gadget-spotter types) and I had three different guys attempt to put on of these on for me. The overall consensus was that these don't fit. I got one on (but not without any air bubbles) and I suppose it lasted a couple of weeks before I gave up trying. In all honesty, I wouldn't bother with these again. Not really even worth writing a review on, not much money after all, so an incredibly geeky "meh" for these.

Into the Blue - Underwater Sounds of Nature for Relaxation Meditation, Deep Sleep, Yoga Meditation, Guided Relaxation, Stress reduction, Relaxation Therapy and Healing Meditation

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasant and unusual, 25 Feb. 2012
I love listening to water sounds - for sleep and relaxation - though I found that I just can't sleep to the sound of *crashing* waves. I'm also not that into music overlays if they are not done right they can have the opposite effect for me. I prefer white-noise to sleep - something constant and non-surprising.

However this one's very pleasant. The hydrophone stereo 3D recording is quite brilliant, it's difficult to explain but listening to them with noise-cancelling ear phones (especially track 7) I have physical reaction to the sounds.

The track(s) with music overlays were spot-on; constant and no 'gaps', flows very nicely.

Very well done, highly recommended.

Buffalo MiniStation 500GB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Disk Drive - Black
Buffalo MiniStation 500GB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Disk Drive - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Super fast and very sleek looking., 25 Feb. 2012
I have two computers at home, one upstairs gathering dust which I've had a ton of music on along with some programs I like which you can't get any more. I'm de-cluttering my house so a removable hard-drive was my eventual decision in order to be able to get rid of the machine upstairs.

Chose Amazon because of their super fast ordering process and delivery, as always, faultless.

I must be old was I was expecting something bigger and 'clunkier' - as it is this super little thing is only slightly bigger than my HTC mobile. I couldn't get over the fact that this little thing was 500gb and my desktop at home is half that!

When it's connected for the first time the installation thing wants to install Google Chrome and Google Picassa - and I couldn't see any way to say "NO" to this. I already have Google Chrome having been a religious user since it was launched in 2008 - so over-installed it did, and wiped out my profile (saved passwords and all that) and settings, what was worse was that it installed an older version (whatever version Chrome was when this thing was packaged) - all that said it wasn't too much of a hardship and shouldn't really affect anyone's choice to buy this. I just like the CHOICE when it comes to extras.

Transferring my music files over my wireless network from computer upstairs to this little thing downstairs was super-super fast, so fast in fact that I had to do a double-check. So no problems there AT ALL. Even on USB 2.0 over not-great wireless it's blinding.

The biggest thing I DON'T like about this is the sidebar it installs on your desktop. I really REALLY hate it, I don't like "things" and "widgets" on my desktop and again I didn't see a choice (chose those words carefully as I can't remember seeing one :). A systray icon would be better, in fact this is what I expected. ** But ah, while writing this I've right clicked on the sidebar 'arrow' and there's an exit option, so an extra star!

Brilliant features: small, nice looking, not much bigger or heavier than a smart-phone, amazingly fast.
Flops on: No options to choose the extra software, an incredible annoying pop-out sidebar on your desktop. Which overlays the top of an internet page scroll button. Really bad. Don't like. however there's an exit option, phew.

I haven't yet used any of the other facilities on the disk, being a complete newb to these things but I'm guessing it'll work just like a 'C' drive - in which case it will be great I'm sure.

I can't fault this so far and since I found the 'exit' option on the sidebar, I've given it an extra star. Would be 5 if there was a choice on whether to install the extras.

Would enthusiastically recommend this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2012 8:58 AM BST

Trust Me, I'm Dr Ozzy
Trust Me, I'm Dr Ozzy

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed til I cried, 22 Dec. 2011
When I was reading excerpts to my boyfriend on this before buying I was laughing so hard he had to take over and look for himself while I was curled up on the floor in tears from hysteria.

What a SUPERB book. It's incredibly silly - so honestly, anyone who might buy this for serious medical advice is one can short of a six pack in the first place.

It's FULL of hysterical but honest-to-god-straight advice on everything from athletes foot to tattooed grandmas and it's an AWESOME bedtime read, sends you to sleep with serious giggles.

I have to suspect that some of the responses "seem" like they not from Ozzy - either that or it's been edited in such a way that it "feels" fake, however for the most part you can just imagine Ozzy saying this stuff. It also (whether fake or not) does demonstrate that our Ozzy has been there, seen it, done it (bitten the head off it), and got the tee-shirt and in some places his advice is quite sweet actually.

I've been DYING for a laugh lately and just a little bit of a sillyness and escapism and I am so happy I bought this book.

Ozzy is a PROPER good bloke!

Brilliant. Truly.

Brand new !! Bistro cafe dining kitchen tables and chair set. Brand new !!
Brand new !! Bistro cafe dining kitchen tables and chair set. Brand new !!
Offered by Harringay Furniture

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the Money, 22 Dec. 2011
I wanted a small two-seater dining set after getting rid of a massive 6-seat round glass monstrosity that I had - and only ever used to dump post and fold laundry!

As with all flat pack, the instructions were pretty dire (yes okay, with a table you get the top and four legs...) you just have to take your time and put screws in loose until you know you've done it right. Instructions don't say which size screws go where so be careful not to split the wood by using the wrong ones, like I did with one, but in a place where you can't really notice so no huge deal. Also the rail wood under the seat has to go on before you tighten the legs, that was biggest pain.

however, flat-pack trauma over, it's a very nice set for the money, looks smart and seats are comfortable and both table and chairs feel sturdy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2016 4:02 PM GMT

Sennheiser CX 400 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones with Integrated Volume Control - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars My second pair, 19 Aug. 2011
I bought my first set late 2009 and it's my own fault they didn't last as I lost the pouch so they ended up rattling round the bottom of my handbag and got broken.

I LOVE these earphones. The clarity of sound is pristine at the highest level and the noise-cancellation is superb. I wear them at work playing "white noise" if I have to concentrate and they block out everything and I work in a noisy open-plan office. I've even slept in them on occasion when my neighbour's dog was having a hissy fit til 4am.

They are VERY comfortable to wear. I have smallish ears and the 'outside-ear' variety you can get elsewhere hurt my ears even putting them in.

With this pack you get:

- ear phones
- 3 x different size plugs
- a clothes clip
- a cable winder

The packaging, however is, how can I put it... monstrously excessive! and those darn hard-plastic containers are a nightmare to get into. I appreciate they protect the product but wow, overkill on the packaging!

Expect them to last for donkeys-years if you look after them (and don't do what I did).

Quality Cream Comfy Executive Office Chair with metal legs
Quality Cream Comfy Executive Office Chair with metal legs
Offered by Chair Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, 6 Jan. 2011
I had this chair delivered to my Dads place and he couldn't resist, he put it together for me and delivered it to my house.

He is the MOST critical about anything 'built' and he didn't have a thing to say about it - so I assume assembly was a breeze.

From the picture I had expected the back of the chair to be a little 'taller' - as it is the padded neck rest rests my neck so it does what its supposed to do.

This chair is very padded - it's lovely, the arms are even slightly padded. Without the rocker on I feel sort of 'perched' however I adjusted this and the seat feels fabulous.

There is no noise in the slightest from the rocker or the gas tube as mentioned in other reviews, very smooth movements and casters.

Overall it feels very solid and able to handle me (I am....'larger')

Love it, well worth the money (well so far, I've been in it for about an hour and I had my last one for eight years....so :)

Great buy overall.

Skechers Women's Shape-Ups XW Dash Wellbeing Shoe
Skechers Women's Shape-Ups XW Dash Wellbeing Shoe

4.0 out of 5 stars Super but get 2 sizes down, 23 Oct. 2010
These feel comfortable, look pretty good and I'm about to try them out properly on a weeks vacation. I am a 5.5 to 6 UK usually and I bought a 4.5 on advice on here which was spot on, a 4.5 is just right. They pinch a bit on my little toe left foot but sure that wont last once they are worn in. Worth the spend.

Tuscany Silver Sterling Silver Cubic Zirconia Rubover Round Pendant on Adjustable Chain of 41cm/16"-46cm/18"

3.0 out of 5 stars Extender chain doesn't secure, 8 Jun. 2010
I bought this as a gift for someone and she loved it. Unfortunately the extender chain doesn't attach - the last link for the clip to clip to was too small.

However, lovely little necklace, looks very classy on and a nice chain.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3