Profile for charmangu > Reviews

Content by charmangu

charmangu (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Last Wish (Highland Magic Book 4)
Last Wish (Highland Magic Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Happily ever after..., 14 Jan. 2017
A fun rom com type book full of silliness and lovey dovey scenes. A good end to an easy read series.

Magic Binds (Kate Daniels)
Magic Binds (Kate Daniels)

5.0 out of 5 stars Escapism at its best..., 23 Sept. 2016
Great escapism for when life is giving you a beating. Have enjoyed ever book in the series (start at the beginning), the world building, character development and dialogue are the best you will find in the urban fantasy genre in my opinion. Definitely worth the time and money. Bring on the next :)

Fallen Elements: An Urban Fantasy Romance (The Elements Series Book 1)
Fallen Elements: An Urban Fantasy Romance (The Elements Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed cover but..., 6 Aug. 2016
The plot was very dry and tedious, I had to actually force myself to carry on reading until the end. I am disappointed as I don't usually read many books in the lesbian fantasy genre. Hopefully others will find it as interesting as the other reviewers and find their money well spent.

Touched by Starlight
Touched by Starlight

1.0 out of 5 stars Unless you enjoy reading oppressive, rapey and soul killing novels..., 25 Mar. 2016
I wish I could get my money back as I do not want to support this type of rubbish. Unless you enjoy reading oppressive, rapey and soul killing novels...I would give this a miss. The supporting characters are completely one dimensional and their reactions to the situations they find themselves in...are ridiculous (and NOT in a romantic comedy way). The mega rich 'love' interest O'Shay's behaviour and thoughts disgusted me, at one point expressing the feeling to hit the main character Ariel because she wouldn't do as told. I fail to understand how Ariel could fall in love with her after the way she had been treated and coerced into marriage by the O'Shay's. I won't even get started on the cut and paste future world portrayed in the story. I'm a crap writer myself and so usually I commend anyone who manages the great feat of writing and publishing a novel, but I think the author really needs to contemplate where she was coming from with this...was it meant to leave readers disturbed/disgusted? Am I missing something with all the 5 star reviews, do people honestly find this ok? and romantic? Makes me sad

When Women Were Warriors Book III: A Hero's Tale
When Women Were Warriors Book III: A Hero's Tale

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventure..., 2 May 2015
Really enjoyed this and would definitely recommend.

I'll Cover You
I'll Cover You

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous and not in a good way..., 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: I'll Cover You (Kindle Edition)
The protagonists (Emmy) upon meeting the President is already excited and half in love with her "celebrity crush", sparks, lightening and rainbows follow there first exciting touch and by the end of chapter one Emmy has fallen madly in love with the beautiful Kate, with most of her time spent drooling and admiring...

From the first chapter I knew this was another low priced kindle book with many suspect positive reviews...or maybe it's just me. I also found the writing to be very clunky and emotionless (if that makes sense).

I've read and enjoyed quite a few really good self published books (some cheap and free ones too) but this is definitely not one of them for me...I can do unrealistic Harry Potteresque books but I cant do ridiculous romance fiction where the protagonist seems more like a stalker rather than the charming secret service agent.

It's a great achievement for anyone to write a book I guess, so I don't want to be too harsh... the author had a good idea but this piece should have been reworked and edited several times before publishing. Good luck in the future and hope it improves.

From the Boots Up
From the Boots Up

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, 21 Mar. 2013
This review is from: From the Boots Up (Kindle Edition)
A short quick read with a love at first sight plot. Will keep romance lovers entertained for a few hours plus the author does a good job with characterisation. Recommend

Learning Curve
Learning Curve

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice & Easy Entertainment..., 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Learning Curve (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book, it was easy entertainment for a long journey, the characters were likeable and the story flowed well. Not too many surprises but would definitely recommend.

White Witch, Black Curse (Rachel Morgan 7)
White Witch, Black Curse (Rachel Morgan 7)
by Kim Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong but..., 30 May 2009
I enjoyed the book as I always do but like other reviewers have said I believe this is wrapping up the lose ends from the other books. If your a hollows fans don't miss out on reading this book as it answer some questions and I think Kim is setting the scene for the next book. Can't wait for the next instalment with Trent and Rachel. Still a good standard compared to other books in the genre and I think the next instalment will be back to the high standard of other books in the series.

House of Cards (Negotiator)
House of Cards (Negotiator)
by C. E. Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the characters.., 25 April 2009
I'm not a very good reviewer and the person above gave you an outline of the plot way better than one I could ever write but just wanted to support this as a fan who wants the series to continue. Really recommend this book for urban fantasy lovers who enjoy this genre...but read the first book first, although the author gives the reader an idea of what happen previously. Really enjoyed this second book in the serious, a great urban fantasy series that is getting better and better...can't wait to get the next instalment!

Page: 1 | 2