Profile for Mammoth > Reviews

Content by Mammoth

Mammoth (Torbay, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications (New York Institute of Finance)
by John J. Murphy

4.0 out of 5 stars This doesn't detract too badly from the good content (I've flitted about a little), 6 April 2015
Having recently received this book, I read only a half dozen chapters.

I would've purchased new had it been available, and that way would've avoided all the biro marks made by a previous owner, throughout the text of the first three chapters. I never write in books in pen, let alone badly underline almost all words,

This doesn't detract too badly from the good content (I've flitted about a little), and there's a lot of it. I look forward to cracking on with the rest of the book.

5 Pack Aspire Atlantis Replacement BVC Atomizer Coil 0.5 ohm
5 Pack Aspire Atlantis Replacement BVC Atomizer Coil 0.5 ohm
Offered by Vapor Enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 Mar. 2015
Arrived promptly and is the genuine article.

Lock & Lock Water Jug with Flip Top Lid, Polypropylene, Large 3ltr
Lock & Lock Water Jug with Flip Top Lid, Polypropylene, Large 3ltr

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Have been using one daily for the ..., 25 Mar. 2015
Great product. Have been using one daily for the last few months to keep my smoothies chilled. To save room in the fridge, this is kept on its side, and it hasn't leaked a single drop.

It's a tad expensive though, compared to the 2 litre version I can buy locally for less than a fiver each.

1Kg | DRIED POMEGRANATE SEEDS **FREE UK POST** ANARDANA TOPPING CEREAL BREAKFAST ANTIOXIDANT SWEET TANGY FRUIT VITAMIN C
Offered by Crazee Deal

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 Mar. 2015
Ordered regularly.

HQ by Nedis Good Quality 1 Metre Toslink Cable
HQ by Nedis Good Quality 1 Metre Toslink Cable
Offered by NowView

2.0 out of 5 stars It might be the socket, but this doesn't seem to fit very well?, 20 Mar. 2015
Doesn't seem to "click" in to the socket on the back of my TV. Although not heavy, the weight of the cable then pulls the head slightly out of the socket.

The connection at the other end isn't brilliant either.

COOLEAD- Digital Optical Coaxial Toslink to Analog Stereo RCA Audio Converter- Digital to Analog Audio Converter, TOSlink / Coaxial to Stereo Left/Right RCA with UK Plug Power Adapter
Offered by COOLEAD

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not actually sure if this product works, as ..., 20 Mar. 2015
I'm not actually sure if this product works, as the output from it doesn't appear to drive my headphones. Maybe it needs an amplifier to do this, though I have unsuccessfully tried connecting the output from this to the aux input of my hi-fi.

Classic 3.5mm-RCA 6.0m
Classic 3.5mm-RCA 6.0m
Offered by ARMCO

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Mar. 2015
Seems like it's a well made cable, though unfortunately it wasn't suitable for my particular needs.

Optimum 9400 Domestic and Commercial Blender, 2 Litre, 2238 Watt, White
Optimum 9400 Domestic and Commercial Blender, 2 Litre, 2238 Watt, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Only a month in to using this daily, but I'm pretty impressed so far........., 4 Feb. 2015
A low powered secondhand Kenwood 'Smoothie Maker' came my way, which allowed me to experiment with making green smoothies.

I grew confident though that my green smoothies could be greatly improved and made more palatable and enjoyable if the blender provided greater power/faster speeds. However, I wanted to be sure that daily green smoothies weren't just a faddy 'flash in the pan' for me.

Over the months, I researched all the 'decent' domestic blenders commonly used in the UK, and narrowed my preference (for various reasons including container size, blade speed, motor power and reported reliability/warranty) down to the Enpee Multi Purpose Commercial Grade Blender (also available via Amazon or direct from enpee.co.uk) and the Optimum 9400.

Over the months, the Enpee reduced the power of its model from approx 2.2kW to approx 1.5kW but played this down by "improvements made to the blades". The Optimum remained at approx 2.2kW. I'm guessing Enpee's change might be down to using the motor found in the much dearer Vitamix......or perhaps the result of silly EU regulations requiring household products to be of a lower power.

A few months of using the Kenwood saw me increasing the proportion of leafy greens I was managing to take daily, and I'd proven to myself that smoothies were now a part of my normal daily diet.

Hence I took the plunge by purchasing the Optimum, which was pretty expensive normally but was now available during the January 'sales'. I've not looked back since making the change as my smoothies have improved so much more. I dare say that a couple of the other blenders I'd researched would've had the same result, but they were of a slightly lower power and had smaller containers.

Belkin F6C1500ei-TW-RK Computer back up UPS Battery pack
Belkin F6C1500ei-TW-RK Computer back up UPS Battery pack
Offered by Battery Trader

4.0 out of 5 stars Installing these seems to have done the trick, however......, 4 Feb. 2015
Having read forums regarding UPS units 'wearing out', I realised that my problem might not necessarily be cured by battery replacement.

I took the chance though, as battery replacement (after about 6 years constant use) was much cheaper than replacing the whole UPS unit.

Only time will tell I suppose if this has truly done the trick, as I've no way of testing the other components of the UPS unit.

2x PANASONIC® 3400mAh NCR18650B Li-ion 18650 3.7v RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES
2x PANASONIC® 3400mAh NCR18650B Li-ion 18650 3.7v RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES
Offered by MANVAPOUR

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if these are 3400mAh?, 18 Jan. 2015
I'm not sure that these are 3400mAh, as they don't last as long as other same capacity batteries (Efest branded) that I've been using for some while now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9