Profile for Mammoth > Reviews

Content by Mammoth

Mammoth (Torbay, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Pathfinder Technologies ® Heavy duty professional quality "MIRROR POLISHED" stainless steel Nail Clippers Nippers for Chiropody or Podiatry. with a Pathfinder life time guarantee !

4.0 out of 5 stars This particular pair were faulty..........but replacement was fine, 17 Jun. 2015
Maybe I was just unlucky with this particular pair, but most of the top 50% of the cutting edges did not meet properly, and only partially cut though nails.

When closed and held up to the light, daylight could be seen between half of the cutting edges.

The lower half of the cutting edge was ok, so I know it's not as if my nails were made of steel. However, only having the bottom half working renders these unacceptable for their intended purpose.

Returned for credit, but I will reorder in the hope that the fault was particular to just this pair.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
Credit applied promptly, and replacement pair were fine. So, it seems I was just unlucky with the first pair.

Merrell Phoenix Gore-Tex(TM), Men's Hiking Shoes, Brindle J41443, 12 UK
Merrell Phoenix Gore-Tex(TM), Men's Hiking Shoes, Brindle J41443, 12 UK
Offered by BIKESTER

3.0 out of 5 stars Same model shoe, but these seem smaller than last time around......, 13 Jun. 2015
This purchase was to replace a pair purchased 18-months which I've worn out (only the sole had worn out on the old pair).

So, I'd assumed that by ordering the same 'model' and size again, I'd be fine.

This new pair appear tighter. I'm pretty sure that at my age my feet haven't grown in length over the last 18-months (my other hiking boots/shoes all still fit ok).

I won't return them as I'm guessing they'll give a little with liberal applications of 'shoe stretcher' spray combined with wooden shoe stretchers.

Sealskinz Men's Waterproof Cap - Olive, One Size
Sealskinz Men's Waterproof Cap - Olive, One Size
Offered by Country Innovation

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but initial indications are hopefully worth it, 7 Jun. 2015
Early days yet, but due to the price, I'm expecting great things from this cap.

Initial thoughts are:
I usually have trouble finding large enough caps, so was pleased this provided a good fit.
Well made and comfortable - I forgot I was wearing it for a few hours.

Now, let's see if it truly is waterproof

NinjaTrader: A Beginner's Guide to Trade Management, Strategy Testing and Automated Trading with NinjaTrader

1.0 out of 5 stars I think.........save your money..........., 7 Jun. 2015
Maybe I was expecting too much from this ebook, But my feeling is:

Save your money, and simply watch the videos available from the NinjaTrader website. Also, Ninja's support department seems pretty good in responding to emailed queries (including those sent out of hours/weekends), and will provide links to answers/videos.

Forex For Beginners
Forex For Beginners
by Anna Coulling

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd read this book years ago............., 6 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Forex For Beginners (Paperback)
I've been FX spreadbetting off and on for a couple of years now, but after my last break of some 6-months due to my intermittent workload, I was having trouble getting back in the trading 'groove'/mindset.

So, for infinitely less than the cost of a failed trade, I thought I'd go back to basics and get my brain back into gear.

This book certainly did that over the course of a weekend read, and in fact caused me to purchase the other two books written by Anna and to re-evaluate and tweak my trading methodology/strategy.

Appreciating though that there's no one way only of trading, and that it's a case of 'horses for courses,' the contents of this series of three books may not gel with everybody, but aspects certainly have for me and sparked enlightenment over some of the ideas I hadn't previously fully taken on-board - I've now started trading differently.

I wish I'd read this book years ago, before losing myself in many of the ideas that had lodged themselves in my shell-like from reading other books.

I don't give 5 stars for anything, so this is probably a first for me!

Moab Ventilator Mens Walking Shoes [Walnut ,11.5]
Moab Ventilator Mens Walking Shoes [Walnut ,11.5]

4.0 out of 5 stars My third pair of Merrells, and definitely not my last!, 30 May 2015
Inexpensive when compared to the life expectancy and pricing of branded trainers that many (particularly the younger generations) choose to wear.

These are my third pair of Merrells. Previous pair still have the uppers and internals in good condition, but have both worn through the soles.

I knew from my previous purchases that a size 12 would fit my size 11 feet.
However, as my previous ones had become a little loose after bedding in, I thought that this time I'd try a size 11.5. Not a good move, as they're a tad tight - hopefully they'll give a little after pounding the pavements for a few miles, and become the perfect size that I'm after.

I've also ordered a fourth pair; different model and in size 12, as I don't expect these Moab Ventilator's to be waterproof, but they'll be worn through the warmer, summer months.

After the years of wearing Merrells, I couldn't imagine going back to wearing "trainers" as everyday footwear.

Unity 20 cm Radcliffe Radio Controlled 8-inch Wall Clock, White
Unity 20 cm Radcliffe Radio Controlled 8-inch Wall Clock, White
Offered by Adelbrook

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little clock.....wish I'd bought one sooner., 30 May 2015
Great little clock.
I'd expected an audible tick, which pleasingly it doesn't have.
Synced perfectly to the correct time - I hadn't expected both it and my radio controlled watch to show identical seconds.

Stanley 1.9 Litre Classic Legendary Vacuum Bottle, Green
Stanley 1.9 Litre Classic Legendary Vacuum Bottle, Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty darned good so far........, 30 May 2015
Haven't used this too much yet, but was impressed to find the ice cubes in my drink were still there 24-hours later.

Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications (New York Institute of Finance)
by John J. Murphy

4.0 out of 5 stars This doesn't detract too badly from the good content (I've flitted about a little), 6 April 2015
Having recently received this book, I read only a half dozen chapters.

I would've purchased new had it been available, and that way would've avoided all the biro marks made by a previous owner, throughout the text of the first three chapters. I never write in books in pen, let alone badly underline almost all words,

This doesn't detract too badly from the good content (I've flitted about a little), and there's a lot of it. I look forward to cracking on with the rest of the book.

5 Pack Aspire Atlantis Replacement BVC Atomizer Coil 0.5 ohm
5 Pack Aspire Atlantis Replacement BVC Atomizer Coil 0.5 ohm
Offered by Vapertech

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 Mar. 2015
Arrived promptly and is the genuine article.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10