Profile for H. S. Flack > Reviews

The Samaritan
The Samaritan
by Mason Cross

5.0 out of 5 stars Carter Blake - a new hero?, 4 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Samaritan (Paperback)
The Killing Season was a highly enjoyable thriller with a great main character in Carter Blake. Suitably excellent at what he does, yet mysterious enough for you to want to know more about him, The Samaritan was a fabulous read that gives a few more clues to his background, as well as another great story. I really looked forward to reading this sequel and I was not disappointed - no wonder it has been selected for the Richard and Judy book club! www.richardandjudy.co.uk/current-reads/Spring-2016/595

Spy Games (Philip Mangan 2)
Spy Games (Philip Mangan 2)
by Adam Brookes

5.0 out of 5 stars Spy Thriller, 4 Jan. 2016
This book was fabulous - a very worthy follow-on from Night Heron, however it could be read independently. I really like the characters that have now appeared in both novels - especially Trish - and enjoyed the locations in which the book was set. It felt politically current, believable and well-written. It was an exciting story that swept along and kept me gripped right to the end. I know that I will really look forward to the next instalment.

Solomon Creed (free sampler)
Solomon Creed (free sampler)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mysterious Hero with a Brilliant Story, 30 Sept. 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed the Sanctus trilogy by Simon Toyne, so I was really looking forward to this new one. I was not disappointed. The story hooked me in straightaway and each chapter ended with me wanting to keep reading to find out what happens next. Two exciting stories intertwined really well,despite being set at different times, with the over-arching mystery of Solomon himself. I really enjoyed the themes that he covered - both modern day and biblical - and I'm really looking forward to the next instalment, as I can't wait to find out what happens next. Loved it!

Night Heron
Night Heron

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent debut spy thriller!, 11 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Night Heron (Kindle Edition)
Loved this exciting book based in China - a modern equivalent to George Smiley that had great pace and a good narrative, that kept me gripped right to the end. Looking forward to reading the next one now!

The Preacher (Patrik Hedstrom and Erica Falck, Book 2)
The Preacher (Patrik Hedstrom and Erica Falck, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars thoroughly Enjoyable, 14 Dec. 2014
I really enjoyed The Ice Princess and this book was just as good - a really good read and I look forward to reading the next one!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop Speakers, 11 Jun. 2010
I wanted some speakers to link to my Notebook that were small and portable yet powerful enough for a room full of people to hear. This is perfect - the speaker is tiny, lightweight and just as good, if not better than the Logitech speakers I was previously using. It even comes with a little case so I can shove it into my briefcase without fear of it being damaged. A good choice and worth the money. Quick delivery too!