Profile for Living by Moments > Reviews

Content by Living by Moments

Living by Moments (Norfolk, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Orzly® - 2.5D Pro-Fit Tempered Glass Screen Protector for HTC 10 (2016 Model) - Full Cover Screen Guard - BLACK
Offered by Orzly

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great, but Very Unresponsive, 9 Jun. 2017
I really wanted to like this screen protector, but try as I might I couldn't.

Firstly, the positives, it fitted like a dream, I used all the equipment they enclosed to make the screen nice and clean and applied the protector. It fitted straight away and initially seemed to work very well. It was thick and sturdy (compared to the film style protectors) and seemed pretty responsive.

So why the 2 star? Well, I soon discovered that the only place that was responsive to my finger was the mid section. All around the edges were very unresponsive, so much so that selecting menus in the corner of apps became almost impossible, also the cover started to detach within a day. With the frustration of not being able to gently swipe to get any response from my phone I sent it back for a refund.

Many people seemed to have got on well with it, but also several (myself included) haven't, so take it as you find it. If you must try it to see if you are lucky, order fulfilled by Amazon, then it's easy enough to get a refund or replacement.

The Shallows [Blu-ray] [2016] [Region A & B & C]
The Shallows [Blu-ray] [2016] [Region A & B & C]
Dvd ~ Blake Lively

4.0 out of 5 stars A perfect Movie to watch as an Excuse to Eat Chocolate!, 9 Jun. 2017
I watched this film for the first time last night after having had it sitting there for a while waiting for the right moment.

With my wife out with her friends for a meal I decided I'd give it a shot. Maltesers, cookies and various other treats at the ready, I settled down to watch. The cinematography was awesome and the story started well. I found myself getting drawn in to it and would often find myself hanging of the edge of my seat engrossed in the story almost oblivious to just how many chocolates I was eating!!

Elements of the story had very loose similarities to Jaws in my opinion (not just that it is a shark movie) but I was amazed at how absorbing and tense the story was when it was just focused around the one beach; in that respect it was reminiscent of Phonebooth, a single location leading to a tense thriller. I found the acting to be very good throughout even from Steven (you'll need to watch it to see who I mean) :-).

I don't want to spoil it for you but if you can do without guns and car chases and desperately fast moving plots for a short while, then I feel sure The Shallows will draw you in to it's plot too and make the time zip by.

The reason it gets four stars from me instead of five is that whilst I loved the story and truly enjoyed the movie, I didn't feel it would be one I would watch over and over.

White Christmas [Blu-ray] [1954] [Region Free]
White Christmas [Blu-ray] [1954] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Bing Crosby

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous film made even better by Blu-Ray, 20 Dec. 2016
I don't need to tell you the story as I am sure that is will be familiar to you and if not there are countless reviews that do it so well.

I love this film, it reminds me of Christmases of my youth when it was on TV every year. Having owned it on DVD I felt that the picture quality was not good on HD televisions, so I thought that the Blu-ray would be better ... I was not disappointed.

The crispness of the picture and clarity and colours of the Blu-ray version of White Christmas were stunning for a film of this age; equally the sound through my Bose Solo was lovely. The picture will not be as crisp as modern movies filmed in high definition, but this was a lovingly converted movie.

If like me, you watch this lovely movie every Christmas, treat yourself and buy White Christmas on Blu-ray. I feel sure that you won't be disappointed

The Grand Tour Season 1
The Grand Tour Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars The Top Gear Trio Show that they haven't lost their touch, 19 Dec. 2016
I think the Grand Tour is a good indication that it is the presenters that make a production successful as much as anything ... well a large budget also helps!

No doubt we will all have our views on the BBC in general and more specifically on the way they handled the Top Gear Fiasco. Clearly however Top Gear with different presenters is just a mediocre motoring show; Matt LeBlanc and Chris Evans are both good but not together on Top Gear, well at least in my opinion. I guess that's why Chris Evans left but I only managed two episodes.

Thanks to the superb rapport that Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have, The Grand Tour gives us everything we loved about Top Gear and gives them a free rein to be as stupid as they want to which is perfect.

There are parts of the program that could well be improved, but nothing that I can pinpoint, just that in each episode there have been moments when I am left feeling something could have been better; nothing enough to make it drop to a 4 star though.

There are some good reviews on here giving you details of each episode so I won't go over the same ground; all I will say is that if you enjoyed Top Gear and the Top Gear Challenge when this ingenious team were presenting it, then you will love The Grand Tour.

Sterling Silver Celtic Tree of Life Necklace - on 14" to 16" (35.5 to 40.5cm) Extending Box Chain - Gift Boxed
Offered by B & W Quality Gifts In Silver Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Sterling Silver Necklace; a Perfect Gift., 14 Dec. 2016
This is a beautiful necklace, the packaging is lovely and it looks expensive, perfect for a gift and guaranteed to please. For anybody who, like me, has been wondering, yes this is sterling silver stamped with 925.

The box that it comes in looks classy and all the thought given with cleaning instructions and a cloth etc just add a little extra to make it a cut above some of the rest.

Fitbit Charge 2 Activity Tracker with Wrist Based Heart Rate Monitor - Blue/Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle, 8 Oct. 2016
Am I a sports tracker expert, no, however, I have had a FitBit now for around a year and find that it is a truly beneficial aid to getting you moving.

I started with the Charge HR at the beginning of this year, it was a nice little tracker, it did however develop a fault and detatch from the strap. FitBit support was very efficient and offered to replace the item for me but instead I returned it to the original retailer (QVC) for a full refund then added the difference to buy the Charge 2.

For me this is a much better choice. I have had this for a few weeks now, and have found it perfect for my needs. The heart rate tracker is extremely accurate at any point when I have physically counted my own pulse and then compared. I cannot comment on whether it's accuracy extends to heavy exercise as when I am at the gym I do not keep stopping to check; also I have no other to compare it with but I see no reason why it should be any different to when checking it after or before exercise.

Since initially writing the review I have now made an observation, the positioning of your Charge 2 might make all the difference. Whilst on an exercise bike with an HR monitor through a 10 minute cycle ranging 120 to 150 BPM I noticed that my FitBit was not quite flat on the top of my wrist (i.e not sitting centrally). When I re-positioned it so it was flat, the readings over the remaining 9 minutes were consistently accurate between the fitbit, the bike and manually checking my own pulse. Try it for yourself, maybe just tighten it up one notch to keep it in the right place.

A missing feature for me on the old HR was reminders to move; you can set your Charge 2 to remind you if you have not done 250 steps within an hour during a number of hours that you choose EG 9am to 5pm. 10 minutes before the hour it will vibrate to inform you you haven't achieved the goal, for me this results in me getting out of my office chair and running round the house (or garden) like a loon until within a few minutes it vibrates again to tell me "Stepped and Scored" or some other pre-programmed message.

GPS was another missing feature from the Charge HR and the Charge 2 has this in the form of connected GPS. This means that you start the app on your phone, tell it whether you are going for a walk, hike, or run and then keep your phone with you; most of us do anyway so it's no problem. It tracks your journey via google maps within the app and reports duration, distance and pace; you can pause it too if you are stopping mid journey for a coffee or something.

Physically it's not much bigger than the old HR, the display however is much nicer, you can tap the screen to cycle through floors heart rate etc, and to see how many of your hour's 250 steps you've done ... good for working out how much running or walking you need to do in the last 10 minutes!

The new choice of coloured and exchangeable straps is good as is the charging cradle as this is all together more secure. I have never had a problem aligning it within the cradle. I don't use it for sleep tracking, but I used to use the old HR for it and it was pretty accurate, this will be no different although it will say you were asleep if sitting still for long periods watching TV etc.

The app is good and visually pleasing, I love the ability to add your foods and monitor your calories as it does keep you on track more with your intake.

I use it for the gym and walking mainly, and for that it does the job. I feel it is a little weak on cycling and I would like to see that added to the selection for the connected GPS so you could track pace, duration and distance if not steps. It will auto detect cycling, but not until you have done it for 10 minutes or more, for me this is a nuisance because often I do fast cycles on my bike of less than 10 minutes which it won't track.

All in all I would highly recommend this, Is it 100% accurate, probably not, so if you want that then don't buy a tracker as I expect none of them are. If, like me, your primary goal is fitness and weight control, then you will love it, it encourages you to move more and will make you walk places instead of taking the car as you will want to meet your daily goals.

Bean Bag Booster Refill Polystyrene Beads Filling Top Up Bag Beans Balls 3 cubic feet
Offered by Home And Garden Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Polystyrene Beads, 3 May 2016
There are more than enough beans in this bag to top up my foot stools (two) two or three times each. I just needed something to make the foot stools plumper again.

The beans are delivered in a sturdy bag however, when opened they are very static. I used a glass jug to refill my foot stools, do not attempt to tip the beads from the bag as they'll go everywhere because the static really does make them stick to things. Doing it with a jug I didn't spill many. The quality is good and keeps the foot stool firm.

Spider Catcher
Spider Catcher
Offered by Findmeagift

5.0 out of 5 stars Spider Catcher 5, Spiders 1., 3 May 2016
This review is from: Spider Catcher (Garden & Outdoors)
Rewind to before the Spider Catcher ... spider is small enough, chase around trying to catch it to throw out ... spider is bigger, find a glass, paper and a few minutes catching before throwing out ... harvest spider on ceiling, get a chair to reach the spider try to get it to throw out. Wind forward ...

Go to cupboard get spider catcher, open jaws, catch spider, open door, release spider.

Hopefully this demonstrates how simple this is. I have successfully caught five so far of all sizes, none have been damaged and all have been happy to walk away when released. One failure as I was not quick enough releasing the trap and the spider fell down the back of the chest of drawers.

All in all, this was money well spent. I am not frightened of spiders but this does speed the whole humane catching process up.

Immortalized (Deluxe Version)
Immortalized (Deluxe Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Album for Heavy Rockers of All Ages, 15 Mar. 2016
I write this review coming from a point of never having been a fan of Disturbed, or even heard of them until recently when a friend shared the Sound of Silence on Facebook. I have my roots in heavy rock from the classic (now) rockers of the 70s and 80s, bands like Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Whitesnake, Metallica etc; and more recently bands like Nickleback and Airbourne.

When I heard Sound of Silence by the band I was blown away at how awesome it was, a fabulous take on a classic song and I thought what a powerful voice the singer had. Reading further (thanks Google/Wikipedia) I discovered how Disturbed had been absent for 4 years and only wanted to come back when they felt they had something great to offer ... they have.

There will always be people with differing views, and that's good, diversity is fine. For me personally though I love the album; being unsure I listened to it all on You Tube first and shall shortly be ordering it from Amazon.

The tracks on Immortalized are much more to the taste of my kind of heavy metal, more vocal, less screaming, this may not have been the case if I had been born 2 decades later! So, if you are an ageing rocker like myself then give it a shot, listen on You Tube if you are unsure, but it is a truly awesome album, clearly I liked some tracks more than others and I will need to listen to it more to decide which are my favourites, but there were none I didn't like.

Immortalized may be the first album I have listened to from Disturbed, but it won't be the last.

PerfectPrint Compatible Ink Cartridge Replacement for Epson Stylus Photo P50 PX-700W 710W 720WD 730WD 800W 810W 820FWD 650 R265 T0807 (Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Light-Cyan/Light-Magenta, 12-pack)
Offered by PerfectPrint

2.0 out of 5 stars Most the Ink Went on Head Cleans ., 23 Feb. 2016
Previously I have used a different supplier for my non-genuine Ink, but I needed some in a hurry so chose this on Prime. I can only recount my experience here, and perhaps I was just unlucky as the other reviews have been good, but this ink caused me to waste several hours. I installed the ink and then went to print some 7x5 photos, All dark colours were red. I wasted quite a lot of time checking settings etc. and still no joy.

Next step was to clean the print heads after a nozzle check, cyan wasn't printing, so I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned ... approximately a dozen or so head cleans later cyan started to show up, a couple more and all looked hunky dory (by now more than a third of the ink had gone on head cleans). So I set to print the half a dozen photos or so I had to do.

I printed one, then the second, the second now came out predominantly green, so back to the head cleaning as Magenta was now not showing another 4 cleans later I attempted a print, and so this went on until I eventually had them all ... by now, most the ink had vanished on head cleans ... oh and a few 7x5 photos!!

Something I noticed was that nowhere on the box or individual packaging was a best before date, so I cannot be sure whether the cartridges were even in date. On thing is for certain, you would be unlucky to have to do a head clean once on a brand new cartridge (I've never had to before) but to have to do it around 20 times or so to print a few photos is appalling.

Maybe I was just unlucky and it was an isolated incident from a bad batch, but suffice to say I will not be ordering again. The reason that I gave 2 stars and not one is that the ink seemed OK when it was actually printing correctly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2016 11:14 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6