Profile for A. J. Emms > Reviews

Content by A. J. Emms

A. J. Emms "Tony" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Pretty Girls: A Novel
Pretty Girls: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best., 19 Sept. 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Karin Slaughter at her very best. However, also the sickest story I've ever read. I can only hope that such people do not exist in the real world.

Cop Town
Cop Town

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 12 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Cop Town (Kindle Edition)
I am a great fan of Karin Slaughter. I have read most of her books. This one was not one of the best. It starts well and I soaked it up but it gets bogged down in the second half. The story line with Philip is a bit unrealistic. Overall a touch disappointing.

Time to Say Goodbye: a heartbreaking novel about a father's love for his daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars Very tearful heart wrenching story, 9 May 2016
On the face of it this book is a bit far fetched and unrealistic. That said, the story is beautiful and you can really get inside the mind of Will, especially if you are a dad with a daughter. Cried buckets at the end.

20 x Golf Tennis Practice Training Balls Airflow Hollow Perforated Plastic
20 x Golf Tennis Practice Training Balls Airflow Hollow Perforated Plastic
Offered by Sunny Market

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 May 2016
I can't say I'm happy with this product. The balls are so light and flimsy that they barely travel a few metres. Also, because they are so light there is no feeling of connection and no way of assessing whether the shot was good. I've put them to one side and written them off as no use to me.

Electric Fence Energiser SRB12 12 Volt 1.2 Joule - Earth stake, Fence Leads, 200m Polywire + 25 Short Insulators, 2 Gate Handles, 2 Anchors, + Tester

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 16 Feb. 2016
Great little product. I’m glad I bought the pack with all of the extras. This was the best value. The gadget works well and the horses have not escaped since I installed it. I may buy another as the price is very competitive. Delivery was very quick too.

I recommend this product to others.

Just One Look
Just One Look

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best effort, 29 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Just One Look (Kindle Edition)
I didn’t really get this book. I found it a bit unrealistic and dull. The plot was over complicated and frankly not that exciting.

I’m a great fan of Harlan Coben and I normally devour his books. He has written some excellent books but sadly this is not one of them - in my view.

Gone for Good
Gone for Good

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended read., 21 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Gone for Good (Kindle Edition)
This was an excellent read. I struggled to put it down. It has quite a complex plot with a few twists and turns along the way. one of the best reads I have had from this author.

Want You Dead (Roy Grace series Book 10)
Want You Dead (Roy Grace series Book 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Roy Grace book of them all so far, can't wait to read the last one., 14 Nov. 2015
I've read the whole series up to this. This was the best by a mile. Fast moving, full of drama and excitement, and in the background the parallel thread of the Roy Grace storyline moves along nicely with a bitter twist. To fully enjoy this book I recommend reading the others first to follow the series, understand the storyline, and be familiar with the characters. Excellent.

Samson ® COMPRESSION Sports Socks For Football Rugby Fitness Running Sport Gym Men Women Unisex
Offered by Samson Hosiery

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - worth buying, 9 Nov. 2015
Apart from the fact that they sent the wrong colour, these socks are really good. Nice and tight on the calf and are very strong. At this point I’ve only had chance to use them once and they did the job so far.

Dead Man's Time (Roy Grace series Book 9)
Dead Man's Time (Roy Grace series Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific book, 20 Oct. 2015
I really enjoyed this one. James at his best. Fast moving story with a nice twist at the end. I can't wait to start the next one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7