Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Emma > Reviews

Content by Emma

Emma

The Age of Miracles
The Age of Miracles

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!, 2 Jan. 2016
This was a quick read but not really my thing. I thought the writing was pedestrian and the plot unbelievable.

Close My Eyes
Close My Eyes

4.0 out of 5 stars A gripping plot, 14 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Close My Eyes (Kindle Edition)
The plot certainly gripped me as I read this in a day but at times it was predictable and the links tenuous in my opinion. The writing was quite pedestrian and plot twists quite unbelievable but like I said, it still gripped me!

The Miniaturist
The Miniaturist

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened?!, 12 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Miniaturist (Kindle Edition)
I found this a compelling read and one that was beautifully written. The developing relationships were touching and intriguing and the mystery of the miniaturist was fascinating. But what on earth happened to the ending? I am left wondering if the author's attempts to be clever have simply ruined the novel or have I missed something?

The Universe versus Alex Woods
The Universe versus Alex Woods

4.0 out of 5 stars Give it a go!, 7 Oct. 2015
I wasn't keen on reading this but soon came to enjoy the quirky writing and insights if the protagonist. The relationships were touching.

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad about the boy!, 9 April 2014
After reading some dreadful reviews on this I was nervous about reading it as I loved the first two books. But I loved it! I thought it was just as funny and Bridget's character was as endearing as in the first two books. True Bridget fans will like it!

The Flavours of Love: The Richard & Judy Bestselling Author
The Flavours of Love: The Richard & Judy Bestselling Author

3.0 out of 5 stars The flavours of love, 12 Feb. 2014
This was an easy read and started off really engaging me me but by the end everything was just a but too predictable and everything tied up a bit too nicely. I ended up not caring about the plot twist as it added nothing to the story.

This Is How It Ends
This Is How It Ends

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 29 Aug. 2013
A bit slow to get going but I loved the relationship that developed between Bruno and Adie. A very depressing ending though so be warned,

Slumbersac Baby Sleeping Bag (12 - 36 Months, 0.5 Tog, Dainty Dolly)
Slumbersac Baby Sleeping Bag (12 - 36 Months, 0.5 Tog, Dainty Dolly)

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong tog rating, 29 May 2012
Really disappointed that when this arrived it was a 1.0 tog sleeping bag and not a 0.5 as advertised. It is a pretty design and my baby seemed to enjoy sleeping in it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformed my hair!, 24 Aug. 2011
I have never written a review on here before but felt that i had to for this product. In January of this year I noticed that my hair was literally snapping off in huge chunks. I was referred to a top London based trichologist and paid out over £500 to learn that the semi permanant hair colour that my hair dresser had been putting on was actually permanant and was in effect acting like a hair removal cream. Anyway i had my hair cut off to a really short bob which I was unhappy with particularly as the hair still felt damaged and coarse and the ends would pull off in my finger tips when wet; this was despite using the products from the trichologist. Once the coulour has grown out I hope that this will stop but in the mean time I bought this product and within one use I can honestly say that my hair has not felt this good since December of last year. I can only assume that with continued use it will improve further still. But for anyone who is suffering with damaged hair for whatever reason please give this product a go - much much better than the products that I paid £500 for!