Profile for Coincidence Vs Fate > Reviews

Content by Coincidence Vs...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 407

Coincidence Vs Fate
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Childrens Pack of Bicycle Stabalisers compatible for sizes 12-20" Wheels.
Childrens Pack of Bicycle Stabalisers compatible for sizes 12-20" Wheels.
Offered by E-BikesDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars All Fine, 19 April 2015
Arrived quickly and although the set didn't come with any instructions they were easy to fit.

I've read other views stating that they seemed dangerous, etc but that wasn't our experience at all. They seemed well-made and safe. More importantly they're helping my son get some confidence on his bike.

No issues.

Flite Punisher Freestyle BMX Bike - (20 inches)
Flite Punisher Freestyle BMX Bike - (20 inches)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bike but Difficult to Assemble, 19 April 2015
Got this for my son's ninth birthday. I have to say the bike looks great and my son is very pleased with it. Seems well made and sturdy.

However, it was a bit of a nightmare to put together. The front wheel, handlebars, pedals, etc were easy enough but the problems started with the front brake which was pretty complicated - at least for me. Unfortunately, the instruction manual doesn't actually seem to relate to this particular model rather than a whole range of bikes, so that wasn't much help. It took me a few hours of trial of error before I finally managed to work out what I was doing. It didn't help that the brake cable was very short too, so I actually got another brake cable which made the job much easier.

So, a nightmare for Dad, but my son seems pleased enough.

Lenor Unstoppables In-Wash Scent Booster Beads Fresh 275 g (Pack of 6)
Lenor Unstoppables In-Wash Scent Booster Beads Fresh 275 g (Pack of 6)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmm...not sure about these., 19 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
"In wash booster beads" eh? What's that all about then? To be honest I'm still struggling to fathom out what the point of these "in wash booster beads" are. I mean, you have your washing powder. Gets clothes clean. Get that. Then you have your softener. Makes clothes soft and smell nice for a bit. Yep, get that. But booster beads? Used these a few times now and I admit when you first open the washing machine door you do think "Wow, that's a nice smell". However, doesn't last long. Certainly not as long as Lenor reckon.

I'll stick to softener for a fraction of the price, I think.

Bluefinger High Capacity Power Bank, 13000mah, Safe, Clear and Portable Suitable for Mobile Phones, Iphone, Ipad, Cameras, Htc, Samsung, Blackberry, Nokia, Psp/ndsl, and Mp3/mp4 Players

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 17 April 2015
I've got a few battery packs, some better than others. This is certainly one of the better due to it's capacity, although there is a trade-off as it is a little weighty.

It's well-made and sturdy and came packed in an almost bulletproof clamshell plastic case. Took me a while to unpack but the effort was worth it. This charges my S4 from 50% to full capacity in under an hour, which is very pleasing. Particularly when you're away from a power socket for any length of time. I recently had a day out at a country park and took this with me and it easily replenished the batteries of mine and my wife's phone. There was still some left to charge my sons' Vita on the way home.

My model comes with a bluetooth in ear headset, but I've not tested that as I think in-ear bluetooth headsets look ridiculous. Particularly on middle aged men like myself!

All in all a good battery pack. You could do a lot worse.

This item was sent to me by the manufacturer for an honest appraisal and review.

dodocool® Portable 360° Rotation Universal Magnetic Vehicle Mount Air Vent Bracket Stand Holder for iPhone 6 6 Plus 5S 5 5C 4S 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Smartphone GPS
Offered by KoKorest

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Brilliantly, 16 April 2015
This is a great item, small, simple but does what it should and does it well.

The days are long gone where I used a sat nav in the car, I just use my phone as a lot of people do. The problem is keeping the phone secure. I have tried many different phone holders with stickers and suction pads and many of them are fine for a while but then start falling off the window or the dashboard; usually at a crucial moment.

I didn't know what to make of this dodocool phone holder when I received it as it was just so..small! I'll admit to being a little dubious. However, it works brilliantly. We have two cars and in each car we have an old S3 which used to be our contract phone, we keep them in there with a pay-as-you-go sim for emergencies. I placed one of the magnets in the back of the phone to test and they held firm to the magnetic base brilliantly. I had two magnets in mine, a small circular magnet and a larger rectangular one; both worked fine. And, it has to be said, the S3 is quite a chunky phone now compared to more modern designs. Although the magnets have stickers on, you don't need to stick them to your battery, just place them behind your case.

We do have a tablet we don't use any more - a Tesco Hudl, so may try the dodocool with that too, but it's a 7" tablet so maybe too weight. That would look great with a Sat Nav on it, nice and clear. Will update the review once I've tried it.

Very pleased.

This item was provided by the manufacturer for an unbiased appraisal and review.

Acer Aspire ES1-512 15.6-inch Notebook (Black) - (Intel Celeron N2840 2.16GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1 )

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, 12 April 2015
Ah, laptops, eh? It's a minefield buying a new laptop. There are so many things to consider, not just the RAM and HDD like the good old days. With Cloud storage and NAS devices appearing in the home then HDD size isn't as important as it used to be. Same with the processor really. If you want a machine with amazing graphics capabilities as you want to play games then you will be looking at a higher price tag than the £199 of this Acer Aspire.

We needed a new laptop as our son gets older he tends to monopolise our current laptop a little. My wife and I just want something we can surf the internet with, stream Spotify to Wifi an Bluetooth speakers and write the odd document with Word. We could easily have paid double for a similar spec laptop or one with a slightly faster process or 8GB RAM, but really there was no need.

I am in fact very impressed with the chassis of this Acer considering the price. I've seen it called "bland" in other reviews, but I don't agree. Let's face it anything apart from a flashy Macbook is going to look bland. The Acer is perfectly functional and acceptable. Keys are laid out nicely and have a good "feel". Battery life is fantastic. There are three USB ports, a DVD drive (though this wasn't mentioned on the Amazon page, so a nice bonus). Obviously Wifi and Bluetooth too.

It's coped admirably with everything we've thrown at it so far including streaming Netflix and films/music from our NAS device.

I really couldn't be more pleased with this Acer, looks great and performs brilliantly. Really amazing machine for such as a relatively small price tag
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2015 10:16 AM BST

Minecraft Construction For Dummies
Minecraft Construction For Dummies
by Adam Cordeiro

5.0 out of 5 stars For The Experienced 'Crafter, 10 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you, or more likely your son/daughter is into Minecraft then you could worse than buying them this book. My 8-year-old has been obsessed with the game for a year or so now and he's pretty much exhausted the stock of books at our local Waterstones.

Minecraft Construction for Dummies is a clever little book as it encourages the player to experiment a little and not just build by-the-numbers buildings. Particularly interesting is the section on curved structures. Something I didn't really think was possible.

The book really is aimed at the more experienced 'Crafter, but I would imagine those new to the game would also benefit from its hints and tips.

Daffodil WMS335B Wireless Optical Mouse 2.4GHz - Cordless 3 Button PC Mouse with Scrollwheel and Adjustable Sensitivity (MAX DPI: 2000) - For Laptop / Netbook / Desktop Computers - Supported by: Microsoft Windows (8 / 7 / XP / Vista) and Apple MAC (OS X +) - Battery Powered (1xAA Inc.)
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 10 April 2015
Can't really add much more to the 900 other reviews for this wireless mouse. It's great value, it's well built and it works. Exactly what you want with a product like this.

Highly recommended.

Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type A to Micro-B Cable in Black 3 Metres
Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type A to Micro-B Cable in Black 3 Metres
Offered by Cable Matters

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable, 10 April 2015
Needed a new cable as I had lost the Micro B cable for my HP 2TB Desktop Drive. Looked at a few but decided on this Cable Matters flavour. Good 3M length so the drive can be tucked away out of sight, so the wife will be happy!

Just transferred some music to the drive and transfer rates were excellent.

V. happy!

Nerd Herd® Premium Laptop Charger for Toshiba Satellite U920T U920T-00X U920T-104 U920T-108 U920T-109 U920T-10F U920T-10G U920T-10Q U920T-117 U920T-11C W30DT-A-100 W35DT-AST2N01
Offered by Apro

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product in Quality Packaging, 9 April 2015
I have a Toshiba U920T netbook and I managed to damage my charger. This resulted in having to fiddle with the wire to get it just in the right place so it would continue to charge. I'd even resorted to bluetacking it into a certain position just to ensure the power and so the battery didn't run out on me.

I looked around for a few chargers and plumped for this Nerd Herd model. It arrived today and it works perfectly. However, I must point out how well packaged it was, the box it came in was nice (it matters to me!) and it included a user manual and a little "happy?" leaflet.

Yes, Nerd Herd, I am. Highly recommended