Profile for Coincidence Vs Fate > Reviews

Content by Coincidence Vs...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 420

Coincidence Vs Fate
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Spontex Disposable Dusters (Pack of 12, total 84 Dusters)
Spontex Disposable Dusters (Pack of 12, total 84 Dusters)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Impressive, 25 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to say I'm a little cynical when it comes to things like these, I never think they will work very well, but I have to say I was quite impressed with these Spontex Disposable Dusters.

They are quite flimsy, but do as exactly as advertised and picked up dust and more importantly held on to it for a while until I had to use another. Even though you get quite a few you'd soon go through them. I found them particularly useful in the car and it clean the mass of plastic you find in modern cars quickly - much better than the baby wipes I tend to use now!

Impressed? You betcha!

1Byone 7 Inch Colorful LCD Screen Video Doorbell Video Door Phone Home Security Camera Monitor Intercom System, Crystal Clear Picture, Perfect Sound Quality, Ultra-slim Design Indoor Monitor; 120 Degrees Wide Visual Angle, Clear Night Vision and Waterproof Outdoor Camera - With Rain Cover
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy To Install and Great Quality Unit, 12 Feb. 2015
Although I don't live in a mansion or anything I have quite a long house so sometimes it is annoying having to walk to the front door, only to find a double-glazing salesman there grinning at me.

This 1Byone Video Doorbell sounded just the kind of thing I needed. It is a little daunting when you first open the package as we're now live in a plug 'n' play world where all the hard work is done for you. Whilst you don't really need to be a DIY expert, it's good to have some knowledge as you'll be drilling and that kind of thing. It is worth taking time though to decide where you are going to place your camera and the 15M of wiring that you'll need to connect everything up as the unit isn't wireless, though maybe the next version will be?

The doorbell part is fairly small and unobtrusive and does look attractive. There is a pinhole camera in this unit so a lot of your visitors might not even realise they are on camera. It didn't take me long to identify an ideal location and I have it fitted and in place in less than half an hour. The wiring again was easy to a fix to skirting boards, etc so looks unobtrusive. In fact, you have to look really closely to even notice it's there.

The business end of the kit - the video unit - is silver and looks quite nice, though it's quite chunky, which maybe an issue for you. It wasn't a problem for us and we soon found a place for this in the kitchen, which is where we spend most of our time. The screen is bright and clear and you have the opportunity to chance brightness, contrast, etc. You can also turn the camera on and see what's happening at the front of your house too at anytime by simply pressing a button. I don't have an electric door release on my front door so I couldn't test this, but it's good to have a piece of kit that includes all your need.

This is a great device, is good quality and works perfectly. Just remember you need to do some drilling and some wiring so make sure you're capable of taking on the task - which is fairly straightforward - or you know someone who does.

Impressive.

*This item was sent to me by the manufacturer for an honest appraisal and review.

TaoTronics® Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Stereo Headset Earphone (A2DP, Hands-Free Calling, Built-in Mic, 6 Hr Battery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality For The Price, 6 Feb. 2015
There are an increasing number of good value Bluetooth headphones coming onto the market. Bluetooth 'phones are fantastic in my view as they negate the need for wires which generally get in the way, this is particularly true when you're doing any form of exercise.

These TaoTronics come well packaged and seem a quality product even before you've opened the box. They're packed well and come with a charging lead and a pretty good manual. Usually manuals are pretty superfluous, but with Bluetooth headphones/devices I always glance at the "quick start" as there are always different ways (number of seconds to press a number of different buttons) to put the unit into pairing mode. Easy enough on these TaoTronics due to the multifunction button. I had these paired to my S4 in about 20 seconds from start to finish. So far, so good.

OK, what about the sound? Actually pretty good. Not too bassy and equally not to weak in the bottom end and a nice treble too. A few adjustments on my phone and I had a pretty decent sound for such small and relatively in-expensive headphones.

They are comfortable too thanks to the "horny" part which fits quite nicely in the ear. You also get the standard choice of ear buds to suit all sized ears.

So, in conclusion, I am really impressed with these headphones. They are comfortable, easy-to-use and they sound very good. No complaints at all!

Lost Themes [VINYL]
Lost Themes [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful!, 5 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Lost Themes [VINYL] (Vinyl)
If you like Carpenter's films then you will no doubt be aware that he generally also writes the music himself. Over the years he's created some fantastic soundscapes to accompany his images particularly Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween and Escape From New York. Personal favourite for me has always been the Prince Of Darkness soundtrack.

Lost Themes isn't quite as you'd imagine, they are themes but they're not "lost" in the sense that they have been rediscovered. The album contains new material written and recorded in collaboration in his own studio.

The tracks are fantastic straight from the off. They are also very reminiscent of some of his finest work on the aforementioned films above. You won't find anything particularly "modern" or techno on here, though the sound certainly has been updated, but mainly slabs of synth and guitar. Of course, there is some lovely deep base and some sparkling arpeggios, just what I'd hope for and expect. Vortex the opener really is stunning. There are similarities (as others have pointed out) to some of those 70's/80's Italian horror soundtracks that a lot of collectors like myself love. Some tracks, like Vortex, had me thinking "that would have sounded great in "EfNY" or that piece would have fitted nicely in "The Fog", etc. So, it's great that we get new material with a nod to the past.

it's not often I have a new album on repeat but this really is a stunning album and it sounds great on vinyl - black and white swirl for me.

Welcome back, John.

Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars No Complaints, 3 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like a lot of people we tend to buy supermarket own brands UNLESS there is a deal on a named product. To be honest, I have no issue with supermarket brands as I genuinely do think that as equally good as their more famous counterparts. Always been happy with own brand multi-surface spray.

This Dettol spray comes in a massive bottle so it's pretty hefty. After making a casserole on Sunday I used the Fresh Citrus Zest spray to clean up the mess I always tend to leave behind when cooking. I have to say it coped well with the mess on the cooker and the work tops, but I didn't remark to myself how much cleaner it was than my normal brand, but it did admittedly smell nice. Without my swab and petri dish I can't really comment on the claims it kills 99.9% of germs, but they all say that don't they? Anyone remember those old Demestos adverts?

Anyway, nice smell, cleans well - and easily - so no complaints from me.

Aukey [5-Pack] Hi-speed Micro USB Cable USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync & Charging Cable for Android cellphones, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, MP3 Players and More (CB-D5, White)
Offered by AukeyDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Cables!, 2 Feb. 2015
You know what it's like when you have a "digital life", you need loads of charging cables. I have loads of the things but recently I have noticed that they are packing up - I have to twist them in a certain way to make them work. This is frustrating particularly when I'm out and about and I need a cable. We got my son a PS4 for Christmas too and we now need microUSB cables to charge the controllers. Then there's our tablets, our phones, our kindles...

These Aukey cables are excellent; you get a couple of foot long cables and three 3ft long cables. The first thing I noticed when taking out one of the cables from the box was how thick they were. They really are great quality and I feel fairly confident that they will last a lot longer than the £1 shop ones I tend to buy.

I'm really pleased with these Aukey cables and for the price they are a no-brainer. Excellent

Aukey Mac Air/ Macbook Pro Retina Envelope Sleeve Case Ultrabook Laptop Netbook Case Cover Carrying Protector Case Bag for 13.3 Inch Apple Mac Air/ Macbook Pro Retina, Most 11-Inch Ultrabook Netbook (PC-T3, Gray)
Offered by AukeyDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality Netbook Sleeve, 1 Feb. 2015
I've not got a Mac but my little netbook fits in this sleeve a treat.

It's well made, strongly stitched and looks really nice in brown faux leather and grey felt.

There's no padding but i will use this to put inside the larger laptop case i tend to carry around with me. It will also come in handy for when i just pop out to Starbucks or somewhere similar with my tablet.

Very impressed.

AquaAudio™ Cubo - Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Strong Suction Cup for Showers, Bathroom, Pool, Boat, Car, Beach, Outdoor etc. / Optimized Buttons for Easy Control / Amazingly Powerful & Crystal Clear Sound / Compatible with All Devices with Bluetooth Capability + Siri Compatible - 10 hours Playtime Rechargeable Battery / with Built-in Mic for use as a Powerful Hands-free Speakerphone [100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - WE GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE IT!] (Silver)
Offered by Gideon Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 30 Jan. 2015
I have to say I can't really disagree with all the other reviews on here for the AquaAudio Cubo. For such a small and inexpensive unit the sound is very good indeed. I wouldn't quite go as far as the blurb and say it has "deep bass and super rich sound" but it really is pretty impressive.

The unit comes well packaged with an informative if small instruction booklet. I couldn't even read it with my special "used for seeing" glasses and had to take a photo of the instructions with my phone so I could zoom in!

Pairing is straight forward as the speaker goes into automatic pairing mode when it's powered on. You also get a voice telling you such! All I needed to do was turn bluetooth on my S4 and it had connected within seconds. I then selected an album from Spotify, left my phone safely in the bedroom and then stuck the speaker to the tiles in the shower. Fantastic! Worked a treat and it is certainly loud enough to hear about the sound of water, etc.

It looks nice, feels good and is easy to set up and use. Perfect.

Finish Quantum Original 2 x Pack of 30 (60 Dishwasher Tablets)
Finish Quantum Original 2 x Pack of 30 (60 Dishwasher Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cleaning Power, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Recently I've been lucky enough to be able to test several different kinds of Finish tablets for our dishwasher. The All In Ones were great and really cleaned our dishes well.

These Quantum tablets are the Rolls Royce of dishwasher tablets. A staggering £35 for 60. I know retails prices are talked about a lot and some people think talking about money and how much things costs is a little unsavoury but when someone is paying this much money for a brand when you could pick up 60 own brand tablets for a fiver then it's valid to question the price point.

Firstly, these aren't packed in a box but a sealed plastic, resealable bag. Also, they don't come wrapped you pop the whole thing in your dishwasher as is and the plastic coating dissolves whilst in your dishwasher. It's important therefore to make sure you have dry hands when handling the tablets and, of course, to store in a dry place.

As for cleaning. Fantastic. No complaints at all. These are a "12 action" tablet so not only do they negate the need for salt and rinse aid but also state they make your glasses shine like new. I have to say the glasses, etc came out spotless; no streaks at all. However, the £20 bag of 74 all-in-one Finish tablets seemed equally as good. It's a "you pays your money, you makes your choice" kind of scenario here. I'm happy with the £20 box and I'm happy with the £35 package. These Finish QUantum tablets give brilliant results and I'm loathe to mark them down just because they are more expensive.

They clean brilliantly and if you have the money then get them.

Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Clean Dishes, 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We tend to use supermarket own brand dishwasher tablets, 60 for a fiver, and use salt and rinse aid, etc. I don't tend to buy Finish tablets as I find them really expensive. However, I do sometimes buy the original Finish tablet which Poundland sell, 10 for a £1.

To be honest, I thought dishwasher tablets were all much of a muchness and didn't expect these All In One Max Lemon tablets to be any different from our supermarket brand. I'm pleased to admit I was wrong. As we've used those own brands for a while you get used to the state of the dishes etc when they come out of the washer. They seemed clean to me, but compared to a wash with the Finish tablets they seem almost dirty! The cleanliness of pots and pans is amazing. It really is. I still (much to my wife's amusement) rinse everything before I put it in the dishwasher, but even then sometimes the odd pan or lid wouldn't be clean and I had to put it in again. Nothing like this has happened with the Finish tablets. We've done several loads with these All in Ones and the difference really is obvious.

I was so impressed that I've now Subscribed and Saved with Amazon and am going to buy Finish All In One tablets in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20