Profile for Coincidence Vs Fate > Reviews

Content by Coincidence Vs...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 343

Coincidence Vs Fate
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Panasonic RPHXS400EW 1.2 m On Ear Street Headphones - White
Panasonic RPHXS400EW 1.2 m On Ear Street Headphones - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Decent Headphones, 6 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
something.

These Panasonic headphones look absolutely stunning in their white and orange livery. The quality of materials is pretty amazing considering the low RRP and sale price on Amazon. The audio lead is one of those new fangled "flat" types and is coloured orange to match the trim on the headphones, and it is attached to the left earpiece. I know there have been a few comments regarding the build quality but for £30 I really think they *exceed* my expectations.

Now, the important thing; the sound. As I said I listen to a lot of music and loads of difference genres, some music is stored locally on my Note 4 but I tend to stream a lot, particuarly when something pops in to my head and I think "Oh, I fancy listening to a bit of....whoever....today".

Sound is a matter of taste anyway and a lot of audiophiles turn their noses up at a lot of headphones and stereo systems. Unfortunately, I only have human ears and to me things sound great, good, acceptable at points in-between. I think there's a lot of snobbery around and as with most things, it comes down to price.

Would I be happy with the sound of these Panasonic phones if I'd spent £300 on them? Nope. Would I be happy if I'd spent a tenth of that on them? Yes, I would. The sounds if perfectly acceptable for the cost, the bass is fine though not deep and thumping and the top end can be a little muddy, but hey, think of the cost and who these headphones are aimed at. My nine year old tried these out over the weekend and loved wearing them when listening to a few things on Spotify and for watching his Minecraft videos on YouTube. He thinks they look great too, which they do.

These headphones aren't going to win any competitions when it comes to rich bass and sparkling mid and high range tones, but do they sound good for £30?

You betcha.

Philips S5320/06 Series 5000 Electric Shaver with Smart Click Precision Trimmer and Turbo Function

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Close, Rash-Free Shave., 2 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tend to favour the Braun foil flavour when it comes to electric shavers as I have found in the past that rotary shavers really make my skin come out in a rash. I've tried a few different Philips models and I have to say that this S5320/06 could be the one to make me think differently about using a foil.

I have always been a once-a-week wet shaver which was fine until a pesky new manager insisted that we shave every day. I've got the kind of skin that wouldn't be able to stand wet shaving every day, so I decided to venture into electric shavers which is where I found my preference for foil shavers. Regardless of how cheap the foil shavers I've used I've always had a rash free skin afterwards, regardless of how close the shave actually was, whereby the opposite was true for the rotary variety.

This Philips is the first rotary I've used which has felt comfortable, close and rash-free. It feels well made and has some good visual features, such as the battery icon and a "clean me" tap icon which reminds you to swill the heads under the tap.

The trimmer works really well although it is a separate head which is a little annoying compared to one that "flicks" out as with some other shavers.

The shave is really close and whilst still not up there with my favourite Braun, it is pretty close. The only disappointment is the lack of travel pouch, which would have been useful, but really can't complain too much about that.

All-in-all, a tremendous shaver, packed with features.

Nile Rogers Presents The Chic Organization: Up All Night: The Greatest Hits (Disco Edition)
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Music, 1 July 2015
When I was in my early teens in the late 70s I was into all kinds of music from punk to soul to krautrock and the whole spectrum inbetween. For example I would buy records by the Buzzcocks, The Jam and then remember buying stuff like "Song For Guy" by Elton John and "Never Let Her Slip Away" by Andrew Gold. I don't think there has ever been a period in music quite like the late 70s. A look at an old episode of TOTP will show you that. I was never really into disco but I did really like Chic and at the time tended to buy the singles fairly religiously though strangely enough never did get an album by them.

I've bought many Chic compliations on vinyl and CD over the years and this one is probably my favourite, mainly due to the inclusion of the truly magnificent "Spacer" by Sheila & B Devotion, a record I absolutely adored at the time.

This is a remarkable double CD, not only do you get all those classic Chic and Sister Sledge hits but you get some unusual selections such as the aforementioned extended mix of "Spacer" plus their productions for Diana Ross, Norma Jean and Johnny Mathis. Now, I'm not a big fan of JM - even I draw the line at that! - but I've always been intrigued to listen to the unreleased album that Rodgers and Edwards produced for him. At least I have one track to listen to now.

This is a sensational double CD and an absolute steal at under a fiver. Be careful which you choose those as there are different flavours of this compilation in red and orange. This is the Red Disco Edition.

Outstanding!

Swees® New Version 25600mAh 3-Smart-USB (Smartport for maximum charging speed, Total 4.5A Output) Power Bank Portable External Battery PowerBank Charger For iPhone 6 6 plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air mini, Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3, Note 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus, HTC One, One 2 (M8), LG G3, Nexus, MOTO X and More Smartphones, Tablets
Offered by swees-shop

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beast!, 1 July 2015
These kind of Power banks seem to be as essential as many other gadgets in our lives now. The thought of a camping trip or any period of time away from a power socket is enough to bring the average person out in a cold sweat nowadays: "How am I going to charge my phone?!"

Thankfully, there are many power banks available and I have a few of them myself. I have small pocket sized ones which are enough to give my phone a quick boost if I'm going to be away for a trip where I know I'm going to be using my Note 4 quite heavily. However, there are times when you know you'll be away for a day or longer with no power socket....cold sweat time...

This Swees powerbank packs a whopping 25600mAh punch which is enough to charge my Note 4 (a beast in itself) nearly 8 times! We tested the Swees over the weekend and charged our phones and gadgets only by using the powerbank rather than electrical sockets. I did my Note 4 a couple of time, my wifes S5 a couple of times, my son's S4 once and a Lenovo tablet and we still had two lights (i.e. 50%) of power left. Amazing!

Now, obviously having such a large capacity comes at a cost; the Swees is pretty hefty, but to be fair it looks fairly sleek and is not unattractive with it's gunmetal grey skin.

There is a on/off switch on the side, the micro USB "in" port to charge it and three USB ports to charge your devices. It initially took a good 12 hours to fully charge, so remember to do that if you're taking it with you. We're going camping this weekend so I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll perform. I have to say I am so confident that I'm not going to secretly stuff my pockets with "back-up" batteries just in case...

A fantastic product and worth it's considerable weight in gold.

This item was sent to me by the manufacturer for an honest appraisal and review.

Becko Yellow Waterproof Waist Bag Case Pouch for Kayaking, Sauna, Hiking, Surfing, Fishing, Boating, Skiing, Camping and Other Outdoor Sports. Triple Top Closure Strip Seal System Dry Bag Protect Mobile Phone, Camera, Watch, ID Cards, Wallet, Credit Cards, Room Card, Keys From Water, Sand, Dust and Dirt.
Offered by Eguo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, 29 Jun. 2015
I’ve recently upgraded my phone to a Samsung Note 4 and my wife to a Samsung S5. My wife’s phone whilst not exactly waterproof is apparently water resistant so she doesn’t worry too much about it getting wet in the rain. As my phone is new I’m still in the “terrified it’s going to get damaged” zone, which will pass within a few short weeks. I have to fears regarding my phone; 1) dropping it; so my nine year old son is banned from even looking at it and 2) it getting damaged with liquid.

This neat little bag came at just the right time for me. We went to a National Trust property recently and it decided to chuck it down for the majority of the time we were there. This would normally mean my phone would stay at home. Now, I know it is meant to be waterproof and can be used in a swimming pool, etc but I’m not quite ready to do that just yet. However, I was pleased to say that despite the heavy downpours my Note 4 remained bone dry and safe throughout our visit. In fact, regardless of whether it was wet or not, the bag would have come in handy anyway just to carry my phone around.

The bag is lightweight and attractive – even in bright yellow! – there are handy “snap strips” at the top of the bag which really seal your device away to prevent moisture getting to it. I was really impressed.

This is a great item, competitively priced and you can rest assured that your phone, camera, etc will be protected from water damage whilst it is sealed inside.

Silverline Silverstorm 264125 Orbital Sander 1/3 Sheet 150W
Silverline Silverstorm 264125 Orbital Sander 1/3 Sheet 150W

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Budget Sander That Does The Job, 28 Jun. 2015
What a great bargain this little sander was. I was going to go into Homebase just to get a basic sander as we only had one job to do - sand the floor in our bedroom - so I didn't want to spend a lot of money as I never intend to use the thing again once that job was completed. The Homebase models - even the "basic" range were fairly pricey, so I thought I would try Amazon.

When i got this Silverline model it was £17 which was just the right price for me. The sander seems well made and sturdy and has a good length cable, which was a bonus. The sander did the job perfectly but only once I'd bought some decent sanding strips. The ones I bought with the sander from Amazon weren't velcro backed so were pretty poor and disintegrated within a few seconds. I just popped out and bought some velcro backed strips locally and before I know it the job was completed.

Great sander, great price, no complaints

The Lover Speaks (Expanded Edition)
The Lover Speaks (Expanded Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars "No More I Love You's" And All That, 24 Jun. 2015
Once upon a time when I were a lad I used to be well into my punk and new wave stuff amongst lots of other music, especially the Buzzcocks. Anyway, amongst the many bands I liked were The Flys. Mainly because they were from Coventry (my nearest big city) and so seemed to nestle right into my collection next to The Lurkers, etc

In the mid 80s I bought the Lover Speaks album because I'd heard them mentioned in the Coventry Evening Telegraph (I think). I didn't realise at the time that was the connection to the Flys. The Lover Speaks had a brief but much loved career and then sadly disappeared. I was lucky enough to get the original CD along the line - Discovery Records in Leamington, I think. I've listened to it every now and then over the years and my interest was briefly rekindled when an acquittance sent me a cassette copy of the unreleased second album, The Big Lie.

I was really quite excited by the re-release of this album as I had sold that CD copy for a good profit at the end of the 90s and so was content to spin the vinyl album on occasions. Thanks to Cherry Pop this gem has now been given the fully blown expanded treatment and it's nice to have those mixes of Every Lover's Sign on CD in particular. However, I was a little disappointed when I first saw the track-listing as I thought that some of The Big Lie might have resurfaced; although I acknowledge we get "I Close My Eyes..." on CD at last. I remember buying the single of that and it being sealed with not one, but three picture covers for some reason.

Anyway, the album, what's it like? Well, I have to say it hasn't dated particularly well, not necessarily with the sound or production but rather the OTT flamboyance music had in those days; lots of dramatic licence in the lyrics and the vocals. However, the majority of songs really do shine through; the aforementioned "Every Lover's Sign", "Never to Forget You", "No More I Love You's" of course, and my favourite track on the album, the wonderful "Still Faking This Art Of Love".

So, all-in-all a great package from Cherry Pop with some great liner notes from David Freeman and Joseph Hughes. These mainly consist of JH telling us how great Freeman's vocals are, and I have to say, despite my little "OTT" dig earlier I agree.

I kept up with David for a while and bought a few of his solo albums, which were pretty good, he hadn't lost his song-writing knack.

I know they made a few quid thanks to Annie Lennox so hopefully this timely re-release makes them a bit more as it's an album that does deserve a wider audience.

Silverline 128139 1/3 Sanding Sheets, Set of 10
Silverline 128139 1/3 Sanding Sheets, Set of 10

2.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Rubbish., 24 Jun. 2015
These were a bit rubbish really. I presumed (I know, I know) that they were velcro backed, but unfortunately not. Every time I tried to use one of these they shredded within about 15 seconds as the sander wouldn't hold them firmly enough.

You get what you pay for, I guess.

Boyhood [DVD] [2014]
Boyhood [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Patricia Arquette

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkably Touching Film, 24 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Boyhood [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
It's not very often I'm moved to write a review about a film. I love film, don't get me wrong, but I don't often see something new that affects me.

I just happened to catch the beginning of this film on Sky Movies and didn't intend to watch much of it. However, I was soon drawn in, not just to the remarkable way the character Mason Evans grows up before my eyes, but the very...ordinariness of the film. Usually, I like my SciFi and my thrillers so I don't tend to become interested in a film unless there's a little bit of time travelling going on or a car chase or two.

I thought it was a real delight, really touching and without spoiling the film for those who haven's seen it, a true groundbreaking piece of cinema. No, you won't be on the edge of your seat, but I'm sure you'll be enthralled by the trials and tribulations of a normal Texan family.

Fantastic.

Mudder Universal Phone Mount Holder for iPhone 6 Plus 6 5S, Samsung S6 S5 LG G4 and More Other Smartphones Mobile Phones, Can be Used for Car Air Vent, Pole, Bike, Desk, Shelf etc.(Black)
Offered by Mudder Online UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, 14 Jun. 2015
This Universal Phone Mount Holder from Mudder is a funny little thing. When I unwrapped it I did think it wouldn't work; it wouldn't be able to hold my Note 4 when in my car. The unit is fairly small and has two "holding" grips/clamps; a small one for attaching to the vent in your car or another available source such as bike handlebars, etc. The other end has a larger clamp which holds your phone. As I said I have a Note 4 which is a large phone and I didn't think it would fit, but it does.

I tried this in my car today and I have to say it worked perfectly, the smaller clamp attached to my air vent quite easily, though I did find it took me a while to get the phone screen into a position that suited my driving position. I needn't have worried though, once I was driving the Mudder held my phone securely and most important without moving too much.

I have many in-car phone holders and to be honest I wouldn't put my Note in the majority of them as they aren't fit for purpose as they keep falling off the screen, etc. This though was great and worked perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20