Profile for Gaynor Marshall > Reviews

Content by Gaynor Marshall

Gaynor Marshall "Gayn Lou" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide: Amsterdam
DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide: Amsterdam
by Collectif

5.0 out of 5 stars buy one, 30 Mar. 2016
Great little book and map. We went to lots of the suggested places in Amsterdam. Have used books from this series before...for Venice and Edinburgh. Will buy another when we visit a new city as easy to carry and light, yet packed with info.

Portuguese For Dummies
Portuguese For Dummies
by Karen Keller

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 30 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Portuguese For Dummies (Paperback)
Good book. Helpful for the basics invluding pronunciation.

BUENA VISTA SOCIAL CLUB
BUENA VISTA SOCIAL CLUB

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 April 2012
This review is from: BUENA VISTA SOCIAL CLUB (Audio CD)
I bought this album for my husband as a present and we have listened to it loads. We borrowed it from a relative years ago and loved it, but when we returned it we meant to buy our own and forgot about it. We recently heard it again while staying with friends and it brought all the happy memories back, so I bought it and am so glad I did. It's a real feel good, cheery CD. Buy it!

Beachcomber's Windowsill: Digipack
Beachcomber's Windowsill: Digipack
Offered by Books-and-Sounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 Oct. 2010
I heard this CD while staying with friends and loved it. I immediately bought it when we got home and have been playing it ever since! I never tire of it, and although folky type music wouldn't necessarily be my first choice -this is something different. Once you get the songs in your head they are addictive. I love it!

Cool Camping: Sleeping, Eating, and Enjoying Life Under Canvas
Cool Camping: Sleeping, Eating, and Enjoying Life Under Canvas
by Laura James

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty to look at, 13 April 2010
This book is lovely to look at, pretty pictures etc. but doesn't really give you much camping advice. It has lists of music to play while camping, games to play, food to cook and is quite a pleasant read, but isn't helpful in the way that Cool Camping by Jonathan Knight, for example, is helpful. I bought both books together so got a discount, but would have been quite disappointed had I just bought this one on it's own.I've camped every year for the past 29 so have a fair idea of what life under canvas is all about, but this book has a very idealised, romanticised view ie: It's always sunny and warm, everyone wears cashmere socks and sends thank you cards to fellow campers for lending a corkscrew! please! My husband thinks it's useless, but I must admit I like all the Cath Kidstonesque pictures etc. It's Ok, but not a must have camping manual.

Cool Camping: England
Cool Camping: England
by Jonathan Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 13 April 2010
This review is from: Cool Camping: England (Paperback)
This is a really helpful book for those of us who like life under canvas. We have tried out some of the campsites in it and have a few more on our list to visit. The ones we have been to were excellent, and the fact that the book gives suggestions of places close by to visit etc, is really useful. Some lovely photos in the book too. We recently went on a trip to Norfolk in a B&B and while on a coastal walk at Wells-next-the-sea we spotted one of the campsites from the book, so are now planning a trip there later on in the summer. I'm now planning on buying the Cool Camping Wales book. This is a down to earth guide for those who camp for pleasure, rather than survival, half way up a mountain. I would definitely recommend it!

Epitaph for a Spy (Penguin Modern Classics)
Epitaph for a Spy (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Eric Ambler

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 April 2010
This was a present for my husband and he loved it! Great story and wonderful cover.He's now hoping for the rest of the set!

Cause for Alarm (Penguin Modern Classics)
Cause for Alarm (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Eric Ambler

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 April 2010

Postcards From Penguin: 100 Book Jackets in One Box
Postcards From Penguin: 100 Book Jackets in One Box
by None
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 13 April 2010
These iconic book covers in postcard form have so many uses! So bright and cheerful. Well worth the money.

Bread & Tulips [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Bread & Tulips [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by M and N Media US

5.0 out of 5 stars Venice, 13 April 2010
I bought this after a holiday to Venice and wanted to re capture the magic! It's the story of a house wife who is un-appreciated by her family so she goes to Venice alone to have some 'me' time and meets some interesting characters along the way.It's a bright, cheery film, with a good storyline and lots of lovely views of Venice. I really enjoyed it both times I watched it and will happily watch it again.

Page: 1 | 2