Profile for Brentwood > Reviews

Brass washing machine Y piece
Offered by Stevenson Plumbing and Electrical Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Brass washing machine Y piece
Having fitted an old Bosch washing machine with a plastic Y piece that broke twice I opted for this one and wished I had just bought this first.

The plastic ones are too easy to mess the threads up when you're connecting plastic to metal.

The first one burst off whilst I was moving the fridge back so I was glad I caught it but the second one started to leak one night and I didn't hear it until a few hours later. With a soaked floor and after heaving the fridge back again I realised I should have bought a brass Y piece first.

Get this one and don't bother with plastic Y connectors.

Solar System Scratch and Sketch: An Art Activity Book for Inquisitive Artists and Astronauts of All Ages (Scratch & Sketch)
by Heather Zschock
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and interesting., 18 Mar. 2013
I bought this for my friends son who loves anything to do with the solar system. He's nine years old and I was concerned that the book would be a little young for him.

In truth, he finished the book in two days but he also loved it and it kept him entertained in that time.

I would recommend this as a gift for nine year olds and below.

Mindfulness Plain & Simple
Mindfulness Plain & Simple

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight forward book written in plain english., 18 Mar. 2013
I bought this book as I felt I was beginning to fret over unnecessary daily things. The reason this bothered me is that I consider myself a relatively 'aware' person and don't usually experience worries about the future or anxieties concerning where life is heading.

So for me, I wanted a straight forward book to help anchor me once again and this is exactly what the doctor ordered. I like how Oli Doyle writes, it's nice, fluid and not 'preachy' in any way.

A lovely book that reminded me to keep life simple and not allow the mind to run riot. I think this is a great book for beginners interested in mindfulness or for those, like me, just needed a little nudge to remember where the land lies.

I definitely recommend this book and worst case - you're 77 pence lighter.

Sabichi I'm A 2 Slice Brushed Toaster, Silver
Sabichi I'm A 2 Slice Brushed Toaster, Silver
Offered by kitchen essentials

3.0 out of 5 stars Just doesn't toast that well., 30 Jan. 2013
I bought this on the basis that it had a good review but I'm sorry to say I am disappointed.

This toaster replaced a four slice toaster that was too big for the sideboard, it looks the part, feels a little flimsy but my biggest gripe is that even on level 6 the bread is barely toasted.

I have stuck with it as a friend said that sometimes toasters take a few runs before they toast efficiently but four weeks in and my Vogel bread is still pale.

Sorry to the team at I'm a toaster, you just don't toast.

Get Started in Sage Line 50: Teach Yourself
Get Started in Sage Line 50: Teach Yourself
by Mac Bride

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but images extremely poor., 30 Jan. 2013
Having to learn Sage at home as part of running a small business I opted for this book. I must confess I did read the other reviews regarding the poor quality of the images but I didn't honestly realise how bad they would be.

This is a very easy to read book with good explanations but the resolution of the screen shot images is appalling - even with my glasses on!

Fujifilm T400 Digital Camera - Purple (16MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars General., 21 Nov. 2012
This camera only arrived yesterday and is intended for use on a pending holiday so I shall write a more in depth review later - however, if, like me, you are wondering what case to buy for protection I highly recommend this one:

Hama Hardcase Thumb 60 H Camera Bag - Black

It fits really well and I know Hama is a good brand as my Tom Tom Hama case has prevented many an accidental breakage.

Follow up review - I'm really pleased with this purchase. This was primarily bought to replace a ten year old Canon camera and it does everything I hoped it would.

I particularly like the panoramic stitch together setting which I used several times and when I had the photos printed they were lovely.

I did have some teething problems with slightly blurred images but once I got the knack of the settings they improved.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2013 1:51 AM GMT

Hama Hardcase Thumb  60 H Camera Bag - Black
Hama Hardcase Thumb 60 H Camera Bag - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Fujifilm T400 and fits very well., 20 Nov. 2012
I spent quite a little while choosing a hard shell case for my new Fujifilm T400 as per the product link below...

...and this one fits very well indeed.

I opted for Hama as I already had one for my Tom Tom whereby it's save the day on more than one occasion and protected it for over three years now, I can honestly say I am not disappointed.

As you open the case there is an internal material edging / webbing that prevents the camera from falling out sideways when the zips are fully open and also a small pocket for an SD card.

When fully closed the camera is snug but not tightly zipped in which is what I was aiming for.

All in all an very good product that fits the camera well. Would I recommend this product? Definitely!

Dragonfyre (Druids Glen Book 6)
Dragonfyre (Druids Glen Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy and enjoyment!, 20 Nov. 2012
I downloaded one of Donna Grant's book onto my Kindle as I had just finished reading Awaken the Highland Warrior by Anita Clenney (which was a very reasonable price at the time) and wanted more of this genre, however sadly, the next book by Clenney was an exorbitant Kindle price and out of my price range.

Not to worry, along came Donna Grant and her Druids Glen series which were all under two pounds at the time - great!

Dragonfyre is the 6th book I've read of Donna Grant's and although I do get a little tired of 'swirling blue eyes' or Moira's 'druid green eyes' in a previous book, at the end of the day nobody forced me to make the purchases and I still couldn't put them down.

All Donna Grant's books have the same recipe and it works, action, adventure, sexual tension, sexual satisfaction and an ending that makes you wonder what the next in the series will bring. I like that she links the characters through the series and pays attention to details such as a timeline that is realistic (if I can say that when time in her books is often fantasy).

Would I recommend Dragonfyre and all the previous books in the series? Absolutely! At the very least you'll have an easy read over a cuppa.

first4magnets 19mm Diameter High Power White Skittle Magnet for glass noticeboards (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 sheets!, 22 Oct. 2012
I was looking for magnets for our work boards which we use all day long. I was fed up with the little magnets that came with the boards that hold a couple of sheets of paper. One magnet hold 12 sheets comfortably and 14 sheets that slide down the board a little bit.

They're expensive for what they are but I would buy them again to avoid job sheets ending up on the floor. I might add that the seller is uber fast on delivery, they arrived the next day!

Would I recommend them? Yes!

Samsung S19A100N 18.5 inch Widescreen LED Monitor (DCR, 1366 x 768, 5ms, VGA) - Gloss Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Can anyone adjust the brightness?, 28 Sept. 2012
This is a lovely monitor for the budget pocket however I'm wishing that my office had invested a little more as I've been trying to adjust the brightness for days.

There aren't the usual buttons on the monitor itself and as far as I can tell you have to go onto Samsung's website and download a monitor driver. Unfortunately, it seems they no longer support this model (if I'm wrong please tell me).

My company are now purchasing a screen cover so it isn't quite so bright.

So lovely wide screen, with nice resolution but a nightmare to adjust contrast and brightness.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8