Profile for Mrs Elaine Li-Koo > Reviews

Content by Mrs Elaine Li-Koo

Mrs Elaine Li-Koo (Witney, Oxfordshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Galt Toys Playnest Farm
Galt Toys Playnest Farm
Offered by Asr Shopping - ( Fast Dispatch )

2.0 out of 5 stars Better for Babies When They Can Sit Up, 20 Feb. 2012
Got this for my 5month old as an alternative to his playmat or reclining chair. Thought he would enjoy lying in it semi-propped up with all his favourite toys and eventually be able to sit in it safely to play. However (like with his Bumbo!) he's just not all that keen! I semi-inflated it as per instructions for a younger baby who can't sit up independently yet so it supports head and neck. He'll recline in it sometimes to watch a bit of baby tv but more often than not squirms to get out! And he arches his back and pushes so strongly with his legs that I can't safely leave him in it in case he case he tips out of it backwards landing on his head and neck! I've retired it for now to another room as the living room was looking crazy full with baby things! It's made room for a Jumperoo which my baby looooves as he's so active which I guess is why he wasn't keen on the playnest. I'm hoping as he grows older and is able to sit up he'll enjoy being in it more!

Fur Lined Snow Boots
Fur Lined Snow Boots
Offered by SoYouShoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These Boots!, 20 Feb. 2012
Love love love! Such a good buy and a bargain! Got these as cheap boots to keep my feet warm in cold weather and they came in really handy for the recent snow! They kept me so toasty and the soles crunched through snow no problem! They kept my feet dry because of the thick soles. I ordered a size 4 which are very generous and feel a bit loose (more like a 5) but they're fine as I like to tuck my jeans into them. They've been admired a lot by friends too!

Sekonda Ladies 21 Diamonds Watch 4161.47
Sekonda Ladies 21 Diamonds Watch 4161.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Present, 20 Feb. 2012
Bought this as a birthday present and recipient was delighted with it! The self-adjusting bracelet was really useful as could ensure a better fit for a smaller wrist there and then. It did look really good on a slimmer wrist. The black mother of pearl was a nice touch making it suitable for night as well as day wear, and the diamonds gave a sophisticated sparkle without being OTT. Very pleased with it as a gift. Just hope the battery lasts (unlike a fellow reviewer where it stopped working after not long) as that would be embarrassing and an unfair cost.

VTech Sing and Soothe Mobile
VTech Sing and Soothe Mobile

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 10 Jan. 2012
This review is from: VTech Sing and Soothe Mobile (Toy)
As mobiles go this is lovely. The insect toys are cute-my 4month old baby son loves chatting to them. The night light part transfixes my baby maybe because of the changing colours. We like the variety of different songs and tunes (many which are classics) as well as the sounds from nature and that you can switch modes between these. However, the volume control keeps resetting to loud every time you turn it back on which is obviously startling to baby and the quietest volume setting still isn't quiet enough for sleep. I bought it thinking it'd help soothe my baby to sleep but it just excites him. But maybe that's just us! It's still a nice mobile and I use it mostly to entertain him in his crib when he wakes in the morning so we can have a bit longer in bed!

Sophie The Giraffe So Pure Teething Ring Very Soft Version (White)
Sophie The Giraffe So Pure Teething Ring Very Soft Version (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic for a reason!, 10 Jan. 2012
Bought this for my 4month old as saw how much friend's son loved chewing on his and how well this version of Sophie fit in his little hands. And am so pleased! My baby loves it too. The rubber is so lovely and soft, his little hands can grasp it easily either by the well-thought out handles or leg part and he loves chewing on it to relieve gum discomfort. It also comforts him in the car: he falls asleep clutching it with both hands! One of the best things I've bought for my baby!

Kenneth Cole Ladies White Leather Strap Watch KC2596
Kenneth Cole Ladies White Leather Strap Watch KC2596

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but a bit fell off!, 10 Jan. 2012
I love this watch! I wanted a white watch for summer to go with outfits and wore this all the time. The double straps and metal details make it stylish and unique. However, one of the metal bits on the strap fell off yesterday. Admittedly this is after 6 months of nonstop wear but still... Hence only 4*s not 5! Not sure if I've still got the warranty and whether it covers a bit falling off! Suppose I should contact Amazon?

DKNY Ladies, Gold IP Case, Gold Dial, Gold IP Bracelet, Analogue
DKNY Ladies, Gold IP Case, Gold Dial, Gold IP Bracelet, Analogue

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and subtle, 10 Jan. 2012
Was looking for a gold look watch for special occasions like going out for dinner etc. to match gold jewellery. I bought a couple on offer from Amazon and this was lovely: perfect size for my small wrists (after taking off couple of links) so it doesn't swamp my hands and the gold colour is subtle not ott.

Guess Ladies 'Twisted' Gold Plated Case & Bracelet Watch
Guess Ladies 'Twisted' Gold Plated Case & Bracelet Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Too chunky, 10 Jan. 2012
Was looking for a gold look occasion watch and this is stylish but too chunky for my small wrists so returned item and bought another.

Womens Flat Round Toe Riding Boot Ladies Suede Knee High Taupe Size 4 UK
Womens Flat Round Toe Riding Boot Ladies Suede Knee High Taupe Size 4 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Fit but Not Real Suede!, 10 Jan. 2012
These boots were everything I was looking for: flat and sturdy, stylish for flat boots (I normally wear heels as I'm short!) and slim-looking even though they fit fine around my calves which aren't the slimmest! However, my one disappointment is that they are not real suede which I guess was unrealistic considering the price I paid but it does state suede in the description and not faux suede which is naughty really. In summary, fine and comfy for the price.

Raindrop Decanter with Glass Stopper (42.2oz / 1.2ltr) | Decanter / Carafe for Water or Wine

3.0 out of 5 stars Elegant but too tall!, 10 Jan. 2012
It is a lovely decanter which I used for water at my bedside. However I worried that it was too tall and not stable enough and I would end up knocking it over and smash it so have resorted to using a plastic jug again! On reflection I should have spent a bit more money and purchased one of those shorter, wider-bodied ones with a wooden stopper instead.

Page: 1 | 2