Profile for Mr J McNulty > Reviews

Content by Mr J McNulty

Mr J McNulty

India Bazaar MS BLACK IRON TAWA / PAN **FREE UK POST** HEAVY DUTY IRON CREPE PANCAKE CHAPATI ROTI PAN DOSA TAVA PAN FLAT TAVA (11")
Offered by Indiabazaar

1.0 out of 5 stars This was a complete waste of money, 27 April 2015
The quality was appalling. It didn't conduct heat very well on our halogen hob, mostly because it wasn't flat so it wasn't in touch with the hob in places. The handle looked like someone had made it with a pen knife and it had large splinters hanging off the side, and the coating on the plate rubbed off very easily. We attempted to use it once and then threw it away.

BAZAAR BAG ® - Giant Beanbag PURPLE - Indoor & Outdoor Bean Bag - MASSIVE 180x140cm - GREAT for Garden
Offered by Comfort Co

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 24 Nov. 2014
Not really very happy with this. I guess it depends what you want it for. We decided on this product as we thought it would be good to have in our child's room to sit on when reading him stories and to sleep on if he's ill and one of us wants to stay in his room. Turns out it's not that comfortable. It molds itself to your shape well enough but still manages to feel quite hard. The worst part though is the noise. Getting in and out of this thing makes one hell of a racket. Not good when it's next to a sleeping child. We've only been using it for just over a week and already both of us avoiding using it as much as possible.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2015 12:25 PM GMT

De'Longhi Bambino TRN0808M Oil Filled Radiator - 800 Watt
De'Longhi Bambino TRN0808M Oil Filled Radiator - 800 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparing the 500W to the 800W, 24 Nov. 2014
I've bought both the 500W and 800W versions of the Bambino and would recommend the 800W to anyone who's trying to decide between them. The 500W is in my child's bedroom and now that the temperature at night has dropped to low single digits at full power it's struggling to keep the room warm on its own. Our bedroom is 50% larger and we have the 800W. The extra fin area releases much more heat than the 500W, quite a bit more than I expected from the extra 300W. So much so that on it's max setting (6) it's too hot for the room, so we run it at setting 4. Both the bedrooms are loft conversions and their central heating radiators won't run independently of the downstairs CH, hence the requirement for these. Will very likely be getting another of these shortly to replace the 500W so I can turn the CH off completely at night.

One word of advise. The docs say to run them for 8 hours in a well ventilated room first to get rid that 'new' smell. 8 hours is a bit conservative and the smell can be quite strong. Second time around with the 800W I put it in the garage and let it run for a full day before I brought it into the house. It was fine after that.

Very happy with this product. Does exactly what we need and the compact size makes it easy to place so it's out of the way.

Plugable® USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter (ASIX AX88179 chipset, Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Linux, OS X, Chrome OS)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with a Chromebook - no extra drivers required, 14 Aug. 2014
I bought this to use with my Chromebook as they don't have Ethernet NICs built in. Worked first time. No need for any additional drivers, just plug 'n play. Very happy.

PowerGen Power-U Dual USB 2.4A 12W (fast) Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5 iPhone 4 4s 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch and Android Devices (cable NOT included) - White
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product. I suggest you look elsewhere., 10 Aug. 2014
Not happy with this. The connection quality is very unreliable, and wiggling it around consistently blows the fuse in the car. I will not be using this again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2014 11:29 PM BST

HP 14-inch Chromebook (Snow White) - (Intel Celeron 2955U 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 16GB HDD, Google Chrome)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 10 Aug. 2014
Quite probably the most worthwhile £250 I've ever spent on something technical. The performance is great, the build quality is excellent and the battery life is as advertised. ChromeOS has proved to be more than up to every task I've required and the Personal Hotspot WiFi feature on my phone has meant I've (so far) never had a problem connecting my HP Chromebook to the internet. I'm definitely going to get more of these for other members of my family.

OsoMount U Grip Universal in Car Mount Black - Sticky Suction Cup - Fits iPhone 6/6 Plus/5s/5c /4/4s - Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3/Note 4/3 & Other Smartphones
Offered by Zero 50 Retail Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 18 May 2014
Exactly what I was looking for. Attaches itself to just about anything in the car and is as solid as a rock. I can locate my phone in the jaws quickly, with one hand and it's very secure. Very pleased with this.