Profile for CJ Streets > Reviews

Content by CJ Streets

CJ Streets (London, UK)

A Beard In Nepal
A Beard In Nepal

3.0 out of 5 stars A good story of one particular experience, but didn't like the writing style, 30 May 2012
This review is from: A Beard In Nepal (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book just as my husband and I were setting out to spend a month in Nepal, teaching at a village school. We had many of the same experiences as Fiona (the transport stories rang particularly true!) but sometimes found that her writing style was a bit too similar to a blog - i.e. not well suited to a longer book. Overall I did enjoy the book, but I would encourage others to visit Nepal for themselves to form their own impressions.

Along the Enchanted Way: A Story of Love and Life in Romania
Along the Enchanted Way: A Story of Love and Life in Romania

5.0 out of 5 stars Capturing history, 30 May 2012
I read this brilliant book while travelling through Transilvania. Thank you to the author for capturing the way things used to be in this beautiful area of the world. His perspective as an outsider who did his best to "live like a local" was thought-provoking and inspirational.