Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now
Profile for N. FOX > Reviews

Content by N. FOX

N. FOX (Manchester (UK))

Agile Software Requirements: Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise (Agile Software Development)
by Dean Leffingwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Agile Book I've Read, 30 Aug. 2011
This book was surprisingly good. Many books of this type explain the theory but don't sufficiently explain how to implement the theory in practice, let alone go on to explain how to overcome typical real-world issues with putting the theory into practice. The same cannot be said for this book. It is very thorough without being overwhelming. This book also goes beyond focussing only on aspects of requirements discovery and management in Agile projects and gives the reader an understanding of how the requirements fit together with the other aspects of Agile.

Before reading this book I'd been exposed to Agile for only a few months and that particular organisation had not fully adopted Agile, nor fully understood it at that stage. It was a very frustrating experience because different people understood different snippets of the theory but not the big picture or how to address low-level process issues. I had spoken to many people (some who had read extensively about the subject and even acted as a consultant/trainer on the subject) but none could answer all my questions or address my concerns. I was very sceptical about Agile. This book has answered all those questions and concerns and I must say that now I am looking forward to getting involved in an Agile project.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who needs to understand how Agile can be implemented from a high level theory aspect right down to the low level implementation process aspect. This is an absolutely fantastic book that I can see myself dipping into for years to come.

Griffin Tempo - Armband For iPod With Video - Classic Compatible
Griffin Tempo - Armband For iPod With Video - Classic Compatible

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small for an Ipod Classic, 24 Oct. 2008
I can't use this armband for my Ipod Classic - it doesn't fit :-( The way the band fits round your arm isn't great either. It's great if you've got a massive arm but if you have a normal sized / small arm then you have a flappy bit of strap hanging over. Why don't Apple sell sports armnands for the classic? So annoying!!